This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Festival Plaza FAQ v1.2

User Info: CharacterOS

CharacterOS
1 year ago#1
Have some questions about how to work with the Festival Plaza? Want to know some neat tricks? Then I hope that this FAQ will be able to answer some of your questions! I don't know everything, but I know a lot, and it's all contained in this FAQ! If there's anything I can add or something that seems wrong, please say so! I am hoping to get a sticky on this if it's comprehensive enough. Hopefully this will be the last version, if there's no new major information that comes up.

Basic Information

Buttons on the bottom screen?
The big Battle and Trade ones should be rather self-explanatory. As for the small ones at the bottom from left to right:

The yellow one lets you view a list of the Guests in your plaza, as well as their profiles
The purple one lets you view and edit your own profile.
The green one functions lets you see and edit your Pokemon party.
The orange one lets you view and use items in your Bag.
The blue one connects/disconnects from the Internet.

What's with all the stalls?
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/festivalplaza.shtml

Serebii has a comprehensive list of all the stalls available and what each one has to offer. It also tells you whether a store is only available to obtain in Sun, Moon, or both, among other miscellaneous useful information. Use it as a reference!

With the exception of the Lottery, you will need Festival Coins (FC) to use services. Accumulating FC is also the means by which you rank up your Plaza.

That page doesn't tell me much about the Fortune Tellers. Phrases aside, what do they do?
Each Fortune Teller, for the low price of 10 FC, can also give you a buff. These only take effect after you pay for the divination, and last until the end of the day. Even if you get a useless

Wow, some of those look useful. How do I get the stalls I want?

There are 2 ways to obtain new stalls.

1. When you obtain enough Festival Coins and rank up your Plaza, go to the castle and see Sophocles. Unless it is a level in which you unlock a new feature, he will offer you a random stall. If you accept, you can replace any stall you currently have with what he offers; if you refuse, he will give you an item corresponding with the rank of the stall you refused. Do note that obtaining certain stalls this way is simply impossible if you have the wrong version, as certain ones are tied to Sun or Moon - check Serebii to see which ones.

2. At Level 8, you gain the ability to purchase copies of stores from other people in the Festival Plaza. When you talk to someone in the Plaza, you can ask what stall they have - the stall they mention can be bought if you have enough Festival Coins. This ranges from 50 FC for 1* stalls to 1500 FC for 5* stalls, assuming that you do not have any of the exact same stall already. This is the only way you can get stalls exclusive to the other version. Do note that you have to physically talk to someone to inspect what stall they have; you cannot simply view a list of what your Guests have.
3DS FC: 3969-8891-9605
Festival Plaza FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74754417

CharacterOS
1 year ago#2
So how do I earn FC?
There are multiple ways.

1. Talk to Guests within the Plaza who have a red speech bubble, then answer their questions as best you can. This can typically get you up to 45 FC.

2. Perform a Wonder Trade or GTS trade, then talk to the person on the right hand table within the castle. This can earn you 2 from Wonder Trade or 4 from GTS.

3. Do online Missions, either hosting your own mission or joining someone else's. To host, talk to the lady in front of the castle with a Festival Ticket in hand. If there is a mission available to join, there will be a red bar scrolling across the bottom screen when outside of the castle; tap that to get a list. The amount of prize coins you get depends on the mission, how you did, and how everyone who participated in the event did. You get 3 Festival Tickets a day which you can use to host your own missions, but there are no restrictions on how many missions you can join. Your Festival Plaza must be Level 4 or higher to participate in Missions, so earn FC from other methods until then.

4. Participation prizes for Global Missions and Battle Competitions.

I'm not getting Missions!/I can't find my friend even though they say they're online!
When you enter the Festival Plaza, it will only be communicating locally. So you want to connect to the Internet. The bottom-right button on the touch screen allows you to connect/disconnect from the Internet, and attempting to use the GTS, Wonder Trade, or Battle Spot (among other things) will also result in being prompted to connect to the Internet. You should start receiving Missions before long.

Connecting to the Internet will bring a number of Guests to your Plaza. If any are online at the same time as you are, those who you are Friends will definitely appear in your list of Guests. This is how you arrange battles and trades.

That Serebii page doesn't tell me much about the Fortune Tellers. Phrases aside, what do they do?
Each Fortune Teller, for the low price of 10 FC, can also give you a buff. These only take effect after you pay for the divination, and last until the end of the day, unless you get rid of the tent that gave you the fortune. Even if you get a useless buff, though, don't bother resetting; doing so will not change the fortune and even if you wait until the next day, it will still be the same fortune until you get the unwanted stuff out of the way first. Still, this also means you can put off good fortunes until another day should you wish to. Here are the possibilities.

- Extra item in Haunted Houses
- Extra item in Lotteries
- Extra FC from Wonder Trade (Decent: x2, Good: x3, Very Good: x4)
- Extra FC from GTS (Decent: x2, Good: x3, Very Good: x4)
- Extra FC from Missions (Decent: x1.1, Good: x1.2, Very Good: x1.5)
- Extra FC from Battle Spot (Decent: x2, Good: x3, Very Good: x4)
- Extra FC from Festival Plaza (Decent: x2, Good: x3, Very Good: x4)

Stronger buffs in the same category will overwrite weaker ones. The Festival Plaza buff applies to the FC you get from Wonder Trade/GTS/Battle Spot, as well as what you get from speaking with Guests, and it stacks with the buffs from the aforementioned 3 categories - count yourself lucky if you get this and use the opportunity to gain FC efficiently. Mission buffs do not stack with anything.

CharacterOS
1 year ago#3
So, um, apparently I can give VIP status to people. What's the point?
VIPs will always appear directly to the right of your starting position in the plaza, regardless of whether they or you are online. This can be helpful if you find someone with a stall you like, but don't have enough FC to buy it quite yet. VIP the person to keep them available and you'll be able to get the facility whenever you're ready, assuming that person has not changed it by then. Furthermore, players with a high Festival Rank tend to give a greater amount of FC when you talk to them while their speech bubble is red, so it gradually pays off to keep high-ranked people on your VIP list.

Furthermore, Guests or VIPs will sometimes ask you to refer them to someone with a high category in a certain area. If you have a good reference for them, these types of questions tend to give by far the most points if you answer them correctly. Having some great VIPs in your plaza gives you good, easy references when you run into these questions.

So I made this arrangement with a Friend for a stall/clothes/VIP status; how do I find them?
Talk to the lady on the upper left part of the castle. You can call anyone from your list to the table there.

Can I change the stall people can get from me?
Yes! The worker on the upper right part of the castle can switch the positions of your stalls; the first on the list (also the first to your right in your own Plaza) is what you are currently sharing.

What Missions should I host/join?
Generally speaking, the two most popular and efficient Missions, as well as those easiest for Pokemon veterans, are the Type Matchup Test and Inverse Battle Type Matchup Test (the latter is available after beating the game).

I can't use any of my stalls! Nor get my daily Tickets!
Changing the timer on your DS or switching to another DS will essentially lock all daily events for about 1-2 days. This includes the Festival Plaza's stalls, as all of them are limited-use. As such I would not recommend doing this without a good reason. ...Any new stalls you obtain, however, should be available for use immediately.

My Plaza Rank is over 30 and I've just beaten the game. But I don't have the premium services!
You must receive a notification from Sophocles telling you that they are unlocked. If you are over 30 before you've beaten the game, simply continue to earn Festival Coins and level up until you get it - Sophocles should grant you access within a few levels.

Getting high-level stalls is hard. Can I level up my current 1* or 2* facilities into 5* somehow?
No.

CharacterOS
1 year ago#4
Tips and Tricks

Sophocles keeps giving me crap! Can I drop him into a fissure or something?
No, sorry, you cannot. You can, however, 'reset' for new stalls so to speak. The moment you accept/refuse a stall, the stall you get for the next rank is predetermined, so simply saving and resetting before you enter the castle after your rank up is not an option. However, there is a way.

Level up the plaza, but instead of going into the Castle right away, accumulate Festival Points outside the castle until you are only 1-2 points away from your next level up. Save, then enter the castle. Accept/refuse what Sophocles offers you and then get your last couple points needed for level up (talking to your latest GTS/Wonder Trade partner within the castle is the best way); Sophocles will offer you a new facility. If you don't like it, reset the game and repeat the process; Sophocles's first facility will always be the same but the one on your next level up will be different. Repeat until you get something you're happy with.

Warning: This can take an incredibly long time and is likely to make you hate Sophocles even more. I take no responsibility for any insanity or screams of frustration that result from this method.

God it's so annoying trying to find X facility. Is there a better way?
It is, isn't it? You can post on GameFAQs asking for a certain facility and you'll probably get someone who can help in no time.

Here's also another approach - at least a few of the Guests on your list will have their Festival Rank displayed. Browse it and if you find someone with a high Festival Rank, call them into the castle and ask them about their store. The ones with high Festival Rank probably have something high-level. Also makes good candidates for VIP-ing.

I can't VIP anyone!
You may only VIP people if they're your Friend, or if you're offline. If you are online and find a person you really want to VIP, use the bottom right button to disconnect from the Internet. The people in the Plaza will be the same. Find the person you want to VIP again and do it!

So I went online and then offline again, but I still can't VIP this person
The person you want to VIP must also be in your Guest list. When you first connect online after a period of time of not connecting, your Guest list will get completely refreshed - however, the visitors physically in your Plaza are not. As such, you lose the ability to VIP those visitors. Before you go online, it may be a good idea to take a cursory look over your offline Guest list first, otherwise you will lose the opportunity. You also may not be able to VIP people who are in the Castle after a successful Wonder Trade/GTS/Battle Spot interaction for the same reason.

Leaving and then re-entering the Plaza after going online will update the plaza so you can now find the visitors in your plaza to match your real Guest list.

Note: There may be other circumstances in which VIP fails which I am not clear about.

CharacterOS
1 year ago#5
I want a more efficient way of earning Festival Coins!
Okay fine, here's a neat little trick that might come in handy, though it's not always practical. While on local communication, go around the plaza talking to people with a red speech bubble. If you find a group of coin givers close together and/or who give a particularly high number of FC:

1. Get their points.
2. Attempt to connect to the Internet, saving in the process.
3. Reset the game and re-enter the Festival Plaza

Because you saved, you will have the FC you gained, but everyone you missed will be available to talk to again. If you have the Festival Plaza buff from a Fortune Teller to go with this and/or have a couple people asking for references that you have easy candidates for, this can be a far more efficient method of FC gain than doing Missions. Note that if it's your first time connecting online in a while, when you reset, the Guests will be different and you will no longer be able to answer the questions of your old Guests - however, your VIPs will still be available.

So I hear there's this trick for guaranteed Bottle Caps...
Right. On a Treasure Hunt 2*, the first time you use it, it is guaranteed to be a Bottle Cap. If you can find and VIP someone with a Treasure Hunt 2*, you can purchase it over and over for a Bottle Cap every 150 FC. The step-by-step process looks like:

1. Buy Treasure Hunt 2* for 100 FC. Get a Bottle Cap.
2. Get a 1* facility for 50 FC and replace Treasure Hunt 2*.
3. Replace the 1* facility for Treasure Hunt 2* for 100 FC. Get another Bottle Cap.
4. Rinse and repeat.

Done!

User Info: mattfrank

mattfrank
1 year ago#6
Getting "Decent luck in Wonder Trade" from" 2 3* Unova Fortune Tellers should give me how much FC per trade??
US 3ds FC:Bafflin 0533-4048-3637
Jpn 3ds FC:Mattfrank 3909-8121-4346

CharacterOS
1 year ago#7
It should give you 4 per trade. The two Decents don't stack with each other.

User Info: mattfrank

mattfrank
1 year ago#8
In what way do fortune house FC buff will stack??
US 3ds FC:Bafflin 0533-4048-3637
Jpn 3ds FC:Mattfrank 3909-8121-4346

User Info: Giggypop

Giggypop
1 year ago#9
I just found a black 2-star lottery stall with an all red number-wheel.
Do different color stalls do anything special?

Posted a topic about this but figured this was a more appropriate place to ask.

CharacterOS
1 year ago#10
mattfrank posted...
In what way do fortune house FC buff will stack??

Explained in the OP...the Festival Plaza buff stacks with everything. If you get multiples of the same type of fortune, only the highest takes effect.

Giggypop posted...
I just found a black 2-star lottery stall with an all red number-wheel.
Do different color stalls do anything special?

Posted a topic about this but figured this was a more appropriate place to ask.

No, they just seem to be cosmetic. I have a 5-star black Treasure Hunt myself and there's nothing unusual about it.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Festival Plaza FAQ v1.2