This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, it's all in here! (V1.1)

User Info: Firemaster5

Firemaster5
2 years ago#71
I was pretty sure it was concerning IVs.
A General of Pokelite Trainers' Sanctum
Chances are slm to none at best.

User Info: tucoblondie65

tucoblondie65
2 years ago#72
Firemaster5 posted...

I was asking about how hyper training works in battles in the Battle Tree. I don't care about hidden power or breeding in this case.

User Info: Firemaster5

Firemaster5
2 years ago#73
tucoblondie65 posted...
Firemaster5 posted...

I was asking about how hyper training works in battles in the Battle Tree. I don't care about hidden power or breeding in this case.

It's said to factor into battles, which I DID mention.
A General of Pokelite Trainers' Sanctum
Chances are slm to none at best.

User Info: BadRaccoon

BadRaccoon
1 year ago#74
Firemaster5 posted...
I noticed the markings for Pokémon can now turn pink and blue.
Which colors should I use based on the IVs?

I just use whatever, to alert GTS users that the mon I'm tryng to trade isn't complete s*** and might be useful for breeding fodder.
"I am a working man; I feel the winter, too." - Big Country, Wonderland

User Info: magstormcammy

magstormcammy
1 year ago#75
it took me a while to figure out what I was doing wrong to get an effort ribbon

I used evelup island and did 63 sessions to get 252 in one stat, twice. Then I did one session in a third start to get 4. So I had 252 + 252 + 4 and still know effort ribbon. Then I found out the max is 510 not 508 which I just assumed by added up those 3 digits, so if using evelup you have to do 2 sessions for your third stat, or in another stat that isn't maxed, to get your ribbon.

User Info: borgrim

borgrim
1 year ago#76
Read this until page 2. Omg people can be quite toxic.
While this could as well be a guide, people with questions about stats will most probably hit the board first. I think this sticky has prevented a lot of useless topics
FC White : 2279-6577-8190

User Info: greatdragon

greatdragon
1 year ago#77
Hi everyone, I read all the first page and i didn't understand this phrase:

Conversely, certain (clearly-marked) Berries can reduce an EV by 10, letting you retry a bad spread (note that reducing an EV will reduce the actual stat, so you can't abuse the system.)

Does this mean that if you use berries to reduce an EV you are reducing the Pokémon base stat???

Or this only means that you are reducing the full stat value (the one calculated with the equation, view psypokes stats page)?

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
1 year ago#78
greatdragon posted...

Conversely, certain (clearly-marked) Berries can reduce an EV by 10, letting you retry a bad spread (note that reducing an EV will reduce the actual stat, so you can't abuse the system.)

Does this mean that if you use berries to reduce an EV you are reducing the Pokémon base stat???

Or this only means that you are reducing the full stat value (the one calculated with the equation, view psypokes stats page)?

The latter: it will reduce the stat displayed on the status screen to whatever it would be if the Pokémon had ten fewer EVs, since, y'know, the berry is removing 10 EVs.

Maybe the wording could be better, but what I was trying to get across was "EV training to 252 EVs in two stats, reducing them with berries down to zero, and EV training in two other stats to 252 EVs will not give you the effect of EV training in four stats simultaneously."
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: greatdragon

greatdragon
1 year ago#79
jayman7 posted...
greatdragon posted...

The latter: it will reduce the stat displayed on the status screen to whatever it would be if the Pokémon had ten fewer EVs, since, y'know, the berry is removing 10 EVs.

Maybe the wording could be better, but what I was trying to get across was "EV training to 252 EVs in two stats, reducing them with berries down to zero, and EV training in two other stats to 252 EVs will not give you the effect of EV training in four stats simultaneously."

Ok, thanks, that make a lot more sense =)

Another question: If I, i.e., reach 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 SpD (510 EV's, you understand what i mean), and I latter faint a Pelipper, did the EV's rearrange gaining 1 HP and lossing another EV? Or they keep at maximum in the selected Stats regardless how many different Pokémon I faint after that?

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
1 year ago#80
Nope. Once you have 510 EVs they're set (unless you deliberately erase them).
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, it's all in here! (V1.1)