This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, it's all in here! (V1.1)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, it's all in here! (V1.1)

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
1 year ago#41
I did address what is meant by that "superficial" thing:

jayman7 posted...
([Hyper Training] will not affect your Hidden Power type, and the Hyper Trained IV will not pass down when breeding.)

but I dislike the use of the word "superficial" to describe it. Raising stats is the primary thing IVs are for, and for that single purpose there is no difference between a natural 31 and a Hyper Trained stat. (I'm not saying that there aren't good reasons to breed for IVs - there definitely are - but there are good reasons to Hyper Train, too. For example: getting a legit max-IVs-for-stat-purposes legendary. The only other way to do that is to be incredibly lucky.)
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

jayman7
1 year ago#42
Are there any EV training hot spots? I know there are Pokemon listed in one of the posts, but are there certain places where those listed are most likely to appear?

Thanks to SOS battles, the idea of a "hotspot" is a lot less meaningful than it was for, say, X and Y. One battle is all it will take. But for what it's worth, here are my recommendations:

HP: If your lead Pokemon is not one that will struggle with level 40-odd Wailords, go to Poni Wilds. A Repel is actually your friend here. Surf. Let them come to you. The splashing spots have a 100% shot of either Wailmer or Wailord. Barring that, fish in a bubbling spot in, say, Seafolk village, or find a Caterpie in one of the northeast grass patches on Route 1 (where it can't spawn its evolutions.)

Attack: The exact same grass patches during the day. Look for Pikipek or Yungoos. Or really, go just about anywhere. It's Pikipek and Yungoos.

Defense: Route 12. Geodude is the most common thing you'll find, and Torkoal gives Defense as well.

Special Attack: If you don't mind its immunity to False Swipe, I did overlook the fact that Gastly is very common in Hau'oli Cemetery. Or Surf nearly anywhere to find Finneon.

Special Defense: Surf nearly anywhere for Tentacool. Also, the splashing spots in Hano Beach are 100% Tentacool.

Speed: What, you're not already tripping over Rattatas everywhere you go at night? Try the Verdant Cavern - the dirt clouds will always be Rattata in Moon. Or you could try the rustling grass just to the left of the southern entrance of Route 2; it tends to be Rattata at night. If Rattata's too boring, try the far north grass patch on Route 3 - Spearow is very common, and Cutiefly gives Speed too.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
(edited 1 year ago)

jayman7
1 year ago#43
Sorry, ignore the Finneon in the above post and the original posts, I was mixed up somehow. Finneon does not give Special Attack.

Psyduck. Use Psyduck.

Bah, whose genius idea was it that you can't edit posts outside of an hour?
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: DigiDude77

DigiDude77
1 year ago#44
I've noticed the lower the level of the pokemon, the higher the success of calling for help (For instance, Torkoal and such can fail astronomically many times in a row), which is why I use Route 1, 2 and the surrounding areas. There are day/night only encounters, but there's all-day alternatives in the same areas, I just list the day/night choices if you happen to be there in that time. They will pretty much -never- fail at calling for help if you use an adrenaline orb and False Swipe them, so it makes EV training go by insanely fast. (It can still happen, but it's so rare compared to higher level pokemon)

Route 1:
Caterpie - HP
Pikipek/Yungoos(Day)/Spinarak(Night) - Attack
Rattata (Night) - Speed
Ledyba (Day) - Sp.Def

Route 2:
Growlithe - Attack
Drowzee - Sp.Def
Meowth/Cutiefly/Spearow - Speed

Trainer School:
Magnemite - Sp.Atk

Ten Carat Hill:

Roggenrola - Defense

(The lowest level defense one with a reliable SOS I've found, Bonsly can summon in non-Defense pokemon, Metapod only summons Caterpie which gives HP, and Carbink in the same area as Roggen summons Sableye)

For 2 EV ones, which is much better than 1 EV ones but ONLY BEFORE YOU GET POWER ITEMS:

https://nm.reddit.com/r/PokeMoonSun/comments/5fytg6/the_best_ev_training_spots_in_pokemon_sun_moon/

Once you have power items, the 1 EV ones are much better.
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')> 3DS FC: 4055-5721-2756 <('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>
Currently Play: Pokemon AS, Pokemon SMD, AC:New Leaf
(edited 1 year ago)

jayman7
1 year ago#45
I've noticed the lower the level of the pokemon, the higher the success of calling for help

I hadn't noticed any such thing, but good to know if it's true.
here we go again

User Info: Shame_Car_2

Shame_Car_2
1 year ago#47
not this again
"You try carrying that many Splatfaqs users and see how you feel by Friday." ___shan
http://tinyurl.com/zhnmyll my bastiodon solo sweep

User Info: TerryJ999

TerryJ999
1 year ago#48
So in the previous games you had to breed to get perfect IV, in this game you can hyper train them to get perfect IV? No breeding required? Am I correct?
Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
-Martin Luther king Jr.

jayman7
1 year ago#49
Well, you do have to get your Pokémon to level 100 (easier said than done) and get enough Bottlecaps. And remember that Hyper Trained stats won't breed down as 31s, so probably a good idea to be selective with your Hyper Training.

Great for legendaries, though, since you can't breed them.

User Info: TerryJ999

TerryJ999
1 year ago#50
Don't care much about breeding. I'm planning to use the 6 Pokemons I've captured from start to finish and some online battles. Thank you so much for this guide
Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
-Martin Luther king Jr.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, it's all in here! (V1.1)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.