This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, it's all in here! (V1.1)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, it's all in here! (V1.1)

User Info: 15jay

15jay
1 year ago#31
This was very helpful. I just have one question, how do you ev train at lvl 100? (sorry if u already went over this)
Fc-5344-2659-6028

User Info: zhellybelly

zhellybelly
1 year ago#32
15jay posted...
This was very helpful. I just have one question, how do you ev train at lvl 100? (sorry if u already went over this)

Same as any other level. Just because you don't earn Exp, you still earn EVs.
-- Take a moment to appreciate the fact that BioWare created a game where gay men can RP as either top or bottom.
-- I'm your friendly neighbourhood pedant.

15jay
1 year ago#33
zhellybelly posted...
15jay posted...

Same as any other level. Just because you don't earn Exp, you still earn EVs.

Oh cool thanks! So just to be clear I have a lvl 100 lucario with the power item for speed. All I have to do is kill a bunch of random pokémon to max my speed ev?
Fc-5344-2659-6028

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
1 year ago#34
Well,

1. Make sure it doesn't have any EVs you don't want first - or if it does, remove them. Remember, you're limited to 510 EVs per Pokémon, which is enough to max only two stats.

2. If you want to train it in Speed, only fight Pokémon that give Speed EVs. I listed some examples in the third post (Rattata/Raticate is probably the most common that doesn't risk summoning something non-Speed-related.) The Power Anklet will guarantee that you get 8 EVs toward speed per KO'd Pokémon (doubled with Pokerus and/or the SOS mechanic), but you'll still also get the EVs that the Pokémon normally gives.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/
(edited 1 year ago)

15jay
1 year ago#35
jayman7 posted...
Well,

1. Make sure it doesn't have any EVs you don't want first - or if it does, remove them. Remember, you're limited to 510 EVs per Pokémon, which is enough to max only two stats.

2. If you want to train it in Speed, only fight Pokémon that give Speed EVs. I listed some examples in the third post (Rattata/Raticate is probably the most common that doesn't risk summoning something non-Speed-related.) The Power Anklet will guarantee that you get 8 EVs toward speed per KO'd Pokémon (doubled with Pokerus and/or the SOS mechanic), but you'll still also get the EVs that the Pokémon normally gives.

jayman7 posted...
Well,

Thanks!
Fc-5344-2659-6028

User Info: DigiDude77

DigiDude77
1 year ago#36
Something I haven't actually seen answered:

When a pokemon calls for help - Does the pokemon that calls for help have its EV value doubled as well?

Cause for instance, I've been trying to do random stat spreads on a few pokemon, and failing, but this might be what's causing it.

For instance, I was trying to do 164 Speed on Bewear. I already did 92 HP via Pelago.

It has Pokerus, and was holding the Power Item. So I encountered a Rattata, had it call for help 4 times, and KO'd those 4 Rattata.

That should be 144 EVs, right?

Then I KO'd the initial Rattata. That should be another 18, right? That brings us to 162. Well, then I took the power item off, then killed one more Rattata for another 2. But then I ended up with being unable to max out my attack EVs. Which I should be able to do.

So, does this mean that the initial pokemon ALSO doubles the EVs it gives once it successfully calls for help at least once?
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')> 3DS FC: 4055-5721-2756 <('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>
Currently Play: Pokemon AS, Pokemon SMD, AC:New Leaf
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
1 year ago#37
DigiDude77 posted...
When a pokemon calls for help - Does the pokemon that calls for help have its EV value doubled as well?

That is what I have come to understand, yes.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: DigiDude77

DigiDude77
1 year ago#38
I tested it by going for 252 in a stat, which is 7 KOs of a SOS.

KO'd 6 SOS'd pokemon, then the Initial pokemon.

The stat was maxed out at 252.

So yes, the initial pokemon's EV value gets doubled if it successfully calls for help.
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')> 3DS FC: 4055-5721-2756 <('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>
Currently Play: Pokemon AS, Pokemon SMD, AC:New Leaf

User Info: GeminiDeus

GeminiDeus
1 year ago#39
Are there any EV training hot spots? I know there are Pokemon listed in one of the posts, but are there certain places where those listed are most likely to appear?
Without truth, there is nothing.

User Info: overvirus

overvirus
1 year ago#40
IV's on hyper training are only "Superficial" it means, the original IV does not really change but those IV are counted on battles!

But!

The only way to have a "true" 5 or 6 at 31 IV is though breeding and you know the rest.

Hyper training introduces new gamers to compete with those pro gamers who knows all. Which binds them to get really involve on pokemon game, that this is not only "complete story and catch them all"

Correct me if im wrong

Thanks!
FC 3DS: Jonexus - 2750 2474 9293 (Wartortle, Pampour, Frogadier)
My imaginary friend knows you're "secrets"... [Just ADD and PM with your FC]
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Stats explained! EVs, IVs, Natures, it's all in here! (V1.1)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.