This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few things I'm wondering about Festival Plaza

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. A few things I'm wondering about Festival Plaza

User Info: John_Dory

John_Dory
1 year ago#1
So I just started, and I jumped into the plaza. I had a look at the page on Serebii, and want to make sure I have things right.

If I reject to build a new shop etc in the plaza, I lose the opportunity forever? At the same time, I can purchase friend's shop if I want a specific shop and level, right?

Speaking of, I have Sun. Could I get a Moon exclusive shop from a friend?

Thirdly, are the EV lunches good? I have the Friendship Parlor and Battle Table already, so I guess I just have to upgrade them.

Finally, how does leveling up work? I have 102 coins, which according to Serebii means I should be level 10, but I'm only on level 6.
3DS FC: 1461 - 6910 - 3355 Donny B
MHG | Name: Donny B | Rank: HR7

User Info: The UnLucky Cat

The UnLucky Cat
1 year ago#2
Every time you rank up, you get a random facility. Well, besides the special ranks that give you something else instead, making Sophocles a damn liar.

If you replace a facility, it's gone. Only way to get it "back" is hoping to get a similar one on another random rank up.

You'll only be given facilities accessible to your own version of the game, but you can freely take anything from another player (whatever's in the first slot will be available for purchase).
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you

User Info: Fracastador

Fracastador
1 year ago#3
John_Dory posted...
If I reject to build a new shop etc in the plaza, I lose the opportunity forever?

Yes

John_Dory posted...
At the same time, I can purchase friend's shop if I want a specific shop and level, right?

You can purchase the "first shop in the lineup" for any of your guests, and you can register people to do this with as well. You can't just purchase any of their shops, only the first one they have in their list, and they can change the order of their lists if they want.

John_Dory posted...
Speaking of, I have Sun. Could I get a Moon exclusive shop from a friend?

I'm 90% sure yes.

John_Dory posted...
Finally, how does leveling up work? I have 102 coins, which according to Serebii means I should be level 10, but I'm only on level 6.

Serebii's "level up" numbers mean you need that much to "level up from the level" not to "be at that level"
Would you like to hear a bit about the wondrous shoopuf?
Maechen

User Info: Fracastador

Fracastador
1 year ago#4
John_Dory posted...
Thirdly, are the EV lunches good? I have the Friendship Parlor and Battle Table already, so I guess I just have to upgrade them.

I prefer other EV training methods.
Would you like to hear a bit about the wondrous shoopuf?
Maechen

User Info: PolkaGnome

PolkaGnome
1 year ago#5
It's possible for Sophocles to offer it again at some point, but yeah if you decline something then that specific instance of it is gone for good. Buying shops from other players is the most reliable way of getting what you want, and is the only way to get the opposite version's exclusive shops (upper levels cost a lot of FC though, up to 1500 for 5* ones).

I'll start by saying I'm not big into the competitive side of things, so I may not be 100% correct here, but some of the meals can be useful. The best meals from the Friendship Parlor can max out a pokemon's friendship in one go (IIRC), but the Battle Table is (apparently) crap compared to the bounce houses. Each type bounce house only targets two stats, but the 5* versions can be used to max out a stat's EVs in one go. Whether that's useful for you depends on how you feel about SOS chaining (and whether you have the EV increasing items* and/or Pokerus). With the items and Pokerus it only takes a chain of 7 to max a given stat's EVs (IIRC), but the bounce houses could be handy before you can get a hold of the necessary items. You could also opt to use PokePelago for it, but that takes significantly longer (in terms of real time), though it does carry the advantage of being completely passive.

*Can't recall the names right offhand, but they require BP to purchase.

The list you're looking at shows how many you need to reach the next level, not the cumulative total needed. So level 10 would actually require 361 FC (assuming I'm not so tired I can't do math correctly, which I may be).
"Never underestimate this place's ability to talk about stupid crap and it's willingness to do so." -Tildepon
Kukui is Wakka, pass it on.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. A few things I'm wondering about Festival Plaza

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived