This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. The Complete Island Scan Location Guide

User Info: Ice3090

Ice3090
2 years ago#91
Ryan86 posted...

I want a Chikorita, it's my fave. So I just turned my game on, scanned 10 different QR codes in one go (from what I read, it didn't seem like I could do this, but regardless), and thus my total went to 100 points. Now I wait till Friday, save at Melemele Island, and try Island Scan: the game will then grant me the chance to find a wild Chikorita on Route 2 during one hour? And I can keep running away from battle until I meet a female?

So it just does not matter which 10 QR codes I scan during a day, as long as I scan them? Being able to scan 10 QR codes in one go went against everything I thought I understood about this thing, LOL.

A few things.

You get a qr scan every 2 hours. I believe the game will let you pocket ten or so, which is why you were able to scan all ten.

You get one hour to find the island scan poke.
Always save your game BEFORE you island scan. Once you start the island scan timer, turning your 3DS off will NOT stop the clock if you save after the scan. You can soft reset and try again if you saved before scanning.

Make sure you're on the correct island and it's the right day of the week. Don't look for a Pokémon listed in an area that isn't open to you yet, or you won't be able to capture it.

KOing a Pokémon, catching it, or running out of time will end the island scan. Running from the Pokémon will not.

In this thread there's a link to all the Alola Dex Pokémon QR codes. You can literally scan ANY qr code on anything and the game will accept it though.

Oh and don't wait until Friday! You can get your choice of any of the special island scan Pokémon all week and then get ten scans for Chikorita on Friday.

Hope that helps.
Ice FC: 0576-4884-1461
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
2 years ago#92
Ice3090 posted...
Oh and don't wait until Friday! You can get your choice of any of the special island scan Pokémon all week and then get ten scans for Chikorita on Friday.

Oh, I see! That's good to know. Also, is the Island Scan fixed per day per Island, or I can random things and Chikorita is a special possibility for Melemele on Friday?
3DS FC for Pokemon XY: 3652-1372-5402

User Info: Ice3090

Ice3090
2 years ago#93
Nah, you can only get Monday's Pokémon today on their respective islands and so on throughout the week.

I'm guessing they did it that way so it'd be simpler to get them all. Probably better that way really, so the game just doesn't constantly randomly generate the wrong Pokémon.
Ice FC: 0576-4884-1461
(edited 2 years ago)
question. anyone know if the special codes will still work after we fail the IS mission?
AMERICA - "Land of the free"
(Some restrictions apply. Void where prohibited)

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
2 years ago#95
Ice3090 posted...
Nah, you can only get Monday's Pokémon today on their respective islands and so on throughout the week.

I'm guessing they did it that way so it'd be simpler to get them all. Probably better that way really, so the game just doesn't constantly randomly generate the wrong Pokémon.

That's great! Thank you so much for the information. =D
3DS FC for Pokemon XY: 3652-1372-5402

User Info: LunaMoonblade

LunaMoonblade
2 years ago#96
Um what is Island Scan? I've never heard of it.

User Info: Jell-O_Mew

Jell-O_Mew
2 years ago#97
LunaMoonblade posted...

Go to your game menu, then switch to the left page of the menu, and then click the QR scanner button

User Info: LunaMoonblade

LunaMoonblade
2 years ago#98
Jell-O_Mew posted...
LunaMoonblade posted...

Go to your game menu, then switch to the left page of the menu, and then click the QR scanner button

okay thanks.

User Info: Mrmakrus

Mrmakrus
2 years ago#99
Why am i seeing that you can catch a charmander via island scan but everything im seeing is the same pokemon available on the days mentioned in this post. Is it random? I cant find what day he is availble or what island yet im seeing its possible. Sorry if its been covered
M@|{Ru$
FC: 0576-8353-1042 IGN: Makrus

User Info: Freezeblow

Freezeblow
2 years ago#100
Mrmakrus posted...
Why am i seeing that you can catch a charmander via island scan but everything im seeing is the same pokemon available on the days mentioned in this post. Is it random? I cant find what day he is availble or what island yet im seeing its possible. Sorry if its been covered

its a figure that was sold in Japan that apparently made an Island Scanable Charizard a thing, then people bred them for Charmander.
1118-1382-0632 Illiaelle/Todd/Hugo/____/Quartiza/Tanzanito(Y-2812/OR-0562/OR-1481/AS-1439/ Moon- 3324/ Sun-1071 )
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. The Complete Island Scan Location Guide