This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Complete Island Scan Location Guide

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. The Complete Island Scan Location Guide

User Info: Ice3090

Ice3090
1 year ago#101
Mrmakrus posted...
Why am i seeing that you can catch a charmander via island scan but everything im seeing is the same pokemon available on the days mentioned in this post. Is it random? I cant find what day he is availble or what island yet im seeing its possible. Sorry if its been covered

It's simply an untrue rumor that no one can ever confirm.

Charmander is now available on the GTS because the ban on post bank Pokémon has been lifted.
Ice FC: 0576-4884-1461

User Info: Freezeblow

Freezeblow
1 year ago#102
Ice3090 posted...
Mrmakrus posted...
Why am i seeing that you can catch a charmander via island scan but everything im seeing is the same pokemon available on the days mentioned in this post. Is it random? I cant find what day he is availble or what island yet im seeing its possible. Sorry if its been covered

Charmander is now available on the GTS because the ban on post bank Pokémon has been lifted.

so maybe hacks then, because Bank still isnt working on my end but charmander and ralts are suddenly in WT and on GTS.
1118-1382-0632 Illiaelle/Todd/Hugo/____/Quartiza/Tanzanito(Y-2812/OR-0562/OR-1481/AS-1439/ Moon- 3324/ Sun-1071 )

User Info: Ice3090

Ice3090
1 year ago#103
Freezeblow posted...
Ice3090 posted...
Mrmakrus posted...

so maybe hacks then, because Bank still isnt working on my end but charmander and ralts are suddenly in WT and on GTS.

Most likely hacks, yes.

GTS flooded with them today when people realized the bank ban was over. The assumption is, bank is soon to follow.
Ice FC: 0576-4884-1461

User Info: gooddarkside

gooddarkside
1 year ago#104
instead of making my topic about choosing second starters I guess I should've came here first. Thanks for the download. But I have a question for the final evolution unova starters on poni island. Is there a possibility or chance that you can catch the first forms, or do you just catch the final evolved forms and breed them to get there pre evolutions?

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
1 year ago#105
Is there an actual point to doing all the scans since they only count as seen but give no actual dex entry? I've been doing them in order just for the heck of it but I only need one more week to get one of everything and if I really want something again the five special codes are faster and repeatable in the same day.

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
1 year ago#106
Did you not read the first post? Every Pokemon comes with an egg move in addition to being able to catch the gen 2 and 5 starters with their hidden ability.Thats the biggest appeal of this.
3DS FC:3394-3658-2611
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013

User Info: HylianAngel

HylianAngel
1 year ago#107
@Minaru44
The benefits are minor.
- Pad your "QR Code Scans" stat in Festival Plaza.
- Any national Pokemon you obtain that aren't part of the Alolan Pokedex, it's remembered by the GTS. So it's like this secret national Dex that you don't have access to.
- There are some unique Poke Balls that you can catch the Island Scan Pokemon in, like the Apricorn Balls and Beast Balls. When you breed Pokemon, the ball will pass down. So, they can be decent trading fodder for collectors. Or you can become a collector yourself, like doing a goal of obtaining all the Beast Ball Pokemon.

@Mariofan15
You can't get hidden ability Pokemon from Island Scans.
3DS FC: 2895-6825-3576
In-Game Name: Stephanie

Minaru44
1 year ago#108
What I meant was that there is probably no point to scanning the list top to bottom. If you complete the dex anyway, you get these entries (and scanning will only count as seen anyway). I have gone to just scanning the Shinies now to get the picture into the dex. ^_^
FC: 3841-0076-6306, IGN (Pokemon Moon): Luna

User Info: B-B_Greninja

B-B_Greninja
1 year ago#109
Can you get a shiny from the island scan? I'm sure you can but it seems like the hardest thinget ever.
B-B_Greninja

Minaru44
1 year ago#110
Probably harder than HAs which you supposedly can but without SOS calls... I wouldn't try it.

Is there a more complete scan list than the one on imugr? The Shiny entries stop by the Lycanrocs I just noticed. It's mostly a cosmetic thing but since scanning actually adds the picture to the dex entry it would be nice to have these.
FC: 3841-0076-6306, IGN (Pokemon Moon): Luna
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. The Complete Island Scan Location Guide

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.