This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poke Pelago Is Better Then Festival Plaza In Almost Every Single Way

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Poke Pelago Is Better Then Festival Plaza In Almost Every Single Way

User Info: The Eternal Evil

The Eternal Evil
1 year ago#1
So Poke Pelago is simply Festival Plaza on Steroids.

Let's assume Plaza has entirely level 5 EV training Houses. That's only 14 individual pokemon stats fully EV trained every day and costs FC a rather hard to earn resource. Once you upgrade Evelup Island to max you can train 18 Pokemon to maximum in one stat every 31.5 hours with no additional resource cost.

Same thing with removing EV's once you have enough of every EV reducing berry reducing EV's becomes trivial, and again far cheaper in both time and resources compared to Festival Plaza.

About the only thing Festival Plaza is good for in the game is Treasure Hunt Lottery booths for chances at bottle caps because everything else that is remotely valuable that it can do for you is done for you, and better, as well as less costly in Poke Pelago.

So your best set up is go with a fully upgraded Poke Pelago and 7 5 star Treasure Hunt Lottery Booths to maximize your Pokemon resources for training and raising.

Because the Plaza on its own is too limited and costs too many FC to be a time saver or all that useful.
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.

User Info: zweiwing

zweiwing
1 year ago#2
Actually, there's other prizes and stuff that are also worth having around in Festival Plaza, but yeah, it's not so great for EVs.

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
1 year ago#3
Okay.

So question. What if I wanted to do stuff with EVs that wasn't simply "max two stats."

Am I just f***ed? It's nice that you can max EVs in a decent time. But what if I wanted say... 128 in each defensive stat? Is anything other than minmaxing even possible in the Poke Pelago?

And how grindy is it to max the Pelago island with the EV Training?
"I'd rather be used by a loli."
-Adalwulfy 2016

User Info: Teiruzuobu

Teiruzuobu
1 year ago#4
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Is anything other than minmaxing even possible in the Poke Pelago?

Yes, each training session raises 4 points in Poke Pelago. You can choose how much you want.

Though at this point its easier to just use Vitamins if you aren't raising all the way to 252.
Final Fantasy XI
Hastega is an ability of Garuda, the summoned avatar. It grants haste to all party members within range.

Milla_Maxwell
1 year ago#5
Teiruzuobu posted...
Milla_Maxwell posted...

Yes, each training session raises 4 points in Poke Pelago. You can choose how much you want.

Though at this point its easier to just use Vitamins if you aren't raising all the way to 252.

I usually opt for vitamins to start anyway, but don't those cap at 100 EVs in a stat? I'd have to just pay close attenton to training sessions completed after that I guess.
-Adalwulfy 2016

The Eternal Evil
1 year ago#6
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Okay.

So question. What if I wanted to do stuff with EVs that wasn't simply "max two stats."

Am I just f***ed? It's nice that you can max EVs in a decent time. But what if I wanted say... 128 in each defensive stat? Is anything other than minmaxing even possible in the Poke Pelago?

Level the island to level 3, 63 training sessions level a pokemon to maximum EV's of 252. If you use vitamins you need only 38 training sessions.

You can choose which EV is going up for all the training sessions.

If you want 128 in each defensive stat you train for 32 training sessions each at maximum level choosing the proper drink the pokemon have.

Each training sessions takes a half hour, or 15 minutes if you have beans in the box.

It is real time not play time so you can literally train up to 18 pokemon while you do something else.

The Eternal Evil
1 year ago#7
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Teiruzuobu posted...
Milla_Maxwell posted...

I usually opt for vitamins to start anyway, but don't those cap at 100 EVs in a stat? I'd have to just pay close attenton to training sessions completed after that I guess.

You get to set the number of training sessions they go through, they do not train over the amount of training sessions you tell them to.

User Info: karmaepsilon

karmaepsilon
1 year ago#8
Question: Does Pokerus double Evelup Ev growth?
FE Fates Castle Address: 03832-48902 82020-67180 Hoshido Kid focus when Hoshido is up and when Nohr is up focus is on royals
3DS Friend Code: 4725-9198-8412

Milla_Maxwell
1 year ago#9
The Eternal Evil posted...
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Okay.

Level the island to level 3, 63 training sessions level a pokemon to maximum EV's of 252. If you use vitamins you need only 38 training sessions.

If you want 128 in each defensive stat you train for 32 training sessions each at maximum level choosing the proper drink the pokemon have.

Each training sessions takes a half hour, or 15 minutes if you have beans in the box.

It is real time not play time so you can literally train up to 18 pokemon while you do something else.

Wait. So I could just not have the game on and set the to train what I want? Then come back the next day or whatnot to find them done?

That's pretty legit. It takes longer than Horde Battles, but less effort.
-Adalwulfy 2016

The Eternal Evil
1 year ago#10
Milla_Maxwell posted...
The Eternal Evil posted...
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Okay.

Wait. So I could just not have the game on and set the to train what I want? Then come back the next day or whatnot to find them done?

That's pretty legit. It takes longer than Horde Battles, but less effort.

Yes exactly that.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Poke Pelago Is Better Then Festival Plaza In Almost Every Single Way

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived