This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. SOS Chaining Guide

User Info: J_D_Guy

J_D_Guy
2 years ago#41
Thanks for the guide.

Is there a numerical thershold before evolved Pokemon start to show up in the proper Chains, or is it just luck?

Finding Pikachu from Pichu was pretty straightforward. Jigglypuff from Igglybuff was a bit harder. But I'm getting fed up with waiting for this Bonsy to Call for a Sudowoodo...
Hello to All! ^_^
3DS FC: 4613-6252-1946

User Info: __Artoxx__

__Artoxx__
2 years ago#42
__Artoxx__ posted...
WetPretZel posted...
__Artoxx__ posted...
Need clarification please:
- a gap in the chain (failed call for help after a few success) break the chain or not?
- if I switch between pokemons while chaining, does it break the chain?
Ty!

Art.

No and no

Good! Ty for your prompt reply.

BTW Was worth it, got a shiny Bagon :)))
PSN Boboin55
FC 0232-8167-6597 Art

User Info: _Lacus_Clyne_

_Lacus_Clyne_
2 years ago#43
Does anyone know the general chain range for certain things?
Earlier in the discussion someone mentioned that 40-60 chains is likely to result in 4 perfect IVs.

Are there any other range estimates for things like hidden ability?? Is the range relatively low compared to perfect IVs/shiny probability ranges?
"A Melody that can Quench the Thirst"
Pkmn Black FC: 3868-7751-1341

User Info: VullabySaysHi

VullabySaysHi
2 years ago#44
Let's see I want to EV train Sp. Attack, HP and Speed...could someone tell me good mons for that?
And how do you reset EV's? Do those berries reset everything or slowly (10 by 10 by 10 etc.)
17 November 2016...8:11 -7...Pokemon Sun message board has 722K messages.

User Info: WetPretZel

WetPretZel
2 years ago#45
__Artoxx__ posted...
__Artoxx__ posted...
WetPretZel posted...
__Artoxx__ posted...
Need clarification please:
- a gap in the chain (failed call for help after a few success) break the chain or not?
- if I switch between pokemons while chaining, does it break the chain?
Ty!

Art.

No and no

Good! Ty for your prompt reply.

BTW Was worth it, got a shiny Bagon :)))
Nice!

User Info: Xesy

Xesy
2 years ago#46
How do you keep a Pokemon from fainting itself with struggle when it runs out of moves? I'm trying to chain Pichu but they always end up fainting themselves..
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Absolutezero93

Absolutezero93
2 years ago#47
I rather just breed a shiny. This sounds much too complicated. I miss gen 4 pokemon chaining. At least that was a guarantee thing once you hit 40 chained pokemom. I've been reading that some go as far as 400 with encountering a shiny.
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare

User Info: LordAlabast

LordAlabast
2 years ago#48
Xesy posted...
How do you keep a Pokemon from fainting itself with struggle when it runs out of moves? I'm trying to chain Pichu but they always end up fainting themselves..

You can faint the original Pokemon and still have the chain going, it simply MUST be replaced by a Pokemon it's called of the same family.

If you're chaining Pichu, and it summons a Pichu, then you can knock out the original Pichu and the chain will continue. The new Pichu will call yet another Pichu, so you can knock out that Pichu too, etc. etc. etc., so the enemy struggling itself shouldn't be a problem.

Remember, though, if the Pichu summons something like a Happiny and you KO the Pichu, the chain is broken.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart...This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.

User Info: hyugafan11

hyugafan11
2 years ago#49
So apparently, regardless of if you initiate the battle/lead with a Synchronizer, as long as you have the Synchronizer out when a Pokemon gets SOSed into battle, it will match the nature of your lead Pokemon, not your Synchronizer's, unless ofcourse you lead with your Synchronizer.

I had two of my shinies be the same, wrong nature before I realized what was happening, tested it out myself, and when I googled it, it appears that people on reddit confirm it to be true.

https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5e4mfl/psa_synchronize_in_sos_battles/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list&compact=true

Can this be noted somewhere in the abilities section?
This doesn’t really matter if you lead with your Synchronizer and had it in the entire chain/when your desired Pokemon showed up, but it does mean that 1) You don't need to lead with your Synchronizer, and 2) You can use any natured Synchronizer and all that would matter is the nature of your lead Pokemon (whether it be a Synchronizer or not). I had an almost full team of Calm Kadabras but chained and caught two shinies with Sassy nature because my lead False Swiper Decidueye was Sassy T.T

User Info: LordAlabast

LordAlabast
2 years ago#50
hyugafan11 posted...
So apparently, regardless of if you initiate the battle/lead with a Synchronizer, as long as you have the Synchronizer out when a Pokemon gets SOSed into battle, it will match the nature of your lead Pokemon, not your Synchronizer's, unless ofcourse you lead with your Synchronizer.

I had two of my shinies be the same, wrong nature before I realized what was happening, tested it out myself, and when I googled it, it appears that people on reddit confirm it to be true.

https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5e4mfl/psa_synchronize_in_sos_battles/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list&compact=true

Can this be noted somewhere in the abilities section?
This doesn’t really matter if you lead with your Synchronizer and had it in the entire chain/when your desired Pokemon showed up, but it does mean that 1) You don't need to lead with your Synchronizer, and 2) You can use any natured Synchronizer and all that would matter is the nature of your lead Pokemon (whether it be a Synchronizer or not). I had an almost full team of Calm Kadabras but chained and caught two shinies with Sassy nature because my lead False Swiper Decidueye was Sassy T.T

If I can figure out how to edit posts that have existed this long, I'll add it.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart...This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. SOS Chaining Guide