This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. SOS Chaining Guide

User Info: Augustine1992

Augustine1992
1 year ago#231
Day 2. 150 Salandit's chained. Smeargle is beginning to get tired. My thumbs are numb. Netflix has run out of interesting things to watch.

Send help soon.
3DS FC: 3866-8443-0416 IGN: PH03NIX Y TSV: 1725 X TSV: 0950 Events List: https://tinyurl.com/y8rnrco6

User Info: maestro

maestro
1 year ago#232
So, has it been proven that chaining increases the chance of getting a shiny?

I marathoned all of Iron Fist and Luke Cage in one day while chaining for a shiny grubbin to get ready for The Defenders (both terrible series BTW) Thats over 20 hours of chaining, and not a single shiny. The chain broke this morning when it ran out of PP and struggled, and when I restarted it I got its shiny in a chain of 6.

I really don't think shiny chaining does anything to increase the chance of a shiny besides guaranteeing the appearance of a specific pokemon that you're looking for.
Pokemon Y FC;2793-0640-1817, Pokemon X FC: 2981-6595-8912
what is a ? WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR IMAGINARY MONEY! HOW MUCH DOES IT COST!?! - the afrochicken

User Info: Duhveed

Duhveed
1 year ago#233
@maestro posted...
So, has it been proven that chaining increases the chance of getting a shiny?

I marathoned all of Iron Fist and Luke Cage in one day while chaining for a shiny grubbin to get ready for The Defenders (both terrible series BTW) Thats over 20 hours of chaining, and not a single shiny. The chain broke this morning when it ran out of PP and struggled, and when I restarted it I got its shiny in a chain of 6.

I really don't think shiny chaining does anything to increase the chance of a shiny besides guaranteeing the appearance of a specific pokemon that you're looking for.

A chain from 70 to 255 has a 1/1024 shiny chance, it increases to 1/683 with the shiny charm. That means every Pokémon from number 70 to 255 has a 1/1024 shiny chance without the charm, 1/683 with the charm.
FC: 4227-5508-0986 IGN: Duhveed/Mega Milk
TSV: 3427 A member of Noctowl's Nest! https://pokedextracker.com/u/Duhveed

User Info: maestro

maestro
1 year ago#234
holy crap this is horrble. I've been SOS'ing drampa for close to an hour. Even with 1hp from false swipe and an AO active i've only seen about 6.

I thought chaining for oricorio was bad, but drampa is exponentially worse. At this rate it will literally take weeks just to get up to an amount where a shiny is more common.
Pokemon Y FC;2793-0640-1817, Pokemon X FC: 2981-6595-8912
what is a ? WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR IMAGINARY MONEY! HOW MUCH DOES IT COST!?! - the afrochicken
Minior SOS to my knowledge. You've got that it doesn't. :/ you dont have to break the shell to tell if it is shiny, it will sparkle as soon as it appears on the field. Since they can Self-destruct, you'll need damp to prevent explosions.
FC: 3712-2526-1270 IGN: Grell
I am Grell Sutcliff, Shinigami of London~ Forgive me I'm not my normal self lately. https://www.quotev.com/story/9907798/My-Mons

User Info: ksamos11

ksamos11
1 year ago#236
maestro posted...
holy crap this is horrble. I've been SOS'ing drampa for close to an hour. Even with 1hp from false swipe and an AO active i've only seen about 6.

I thought chaining for oricorio was bad, but drampa is exponentially worse. At this rate it will literally take weeks just to get up to an amount where a shiny is more common.

drampa has a call rate of 3 so you won't see many calls
https://sites.google.com/site/kevin24sevents/ my events
Fc: 5258 3034 6289 Kevin

User Info: asrttyoxo

asrttyoxo
1 year ago#237
just got this game, glad for the sticky

User Info: AminHamin6

AminHamin6
1 year ago#238
If I'm in killing the original mon every once in a while (always after he calls for help that shows up) my odds of getting a shiny goes back to 0?

User Info: Duhveed

Duhveed
1 year ago#239
@AminHamin6 posted...
If I'm in killing the original mon every once in a while (always after he calls for help that shows up) my odds of getting a shiny goes back to 0?

A chain from 70 to 255 has a 1/1024 shiny chance, it increases to 1/683 with the shiny charm. That means every Pokémon from number 70 to 255 has a 1/1024 shiny chance without the charm, 1/683 with the charm. The shiny chance rate will reset to 0 at Pokémon 256 in the chain.
FC: 4227-5508-0986 IGN: Duhveed/Mega Milk
TSV: 3427 A member of Noctowl's Nest! https://pokedextracker.com/u/Duhveed
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: AminHamin6

AminHamin6
1 year ago#240
Duhveed posted...
@AminHamin6 posted...

A chain from 70 to 255 has a 1/1024 shiny chance, it increases to 1/683 with the shiny charm. That means every Pokémon from number 70 to 255 has a 1/1024 shiny chance without the charm, 1/683 with the charm. The shiny chance rate will reset to 0 at Pokémon 256 in the chain.

It's not what I wanted to know but thanks for the info
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. SOS Chaining Guide