This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. SOS Chaining Guide

User Info: Lagochocobo13

Lagochocobo13
1 year ago#211
BlitzBallerJG posted...
Your guide doesn't indicate when/how quickly a pokemon with a HA will show up, are the chances equal for every S.O.S. or do you need to hit a certain count before there is a chance for HA?

AlbrechtKarew posted...
Pulling in that thread info, just as an FYI:

Perfect IVs
Chain length 0 to 4: No guaranteed perfect IVs
Chain length of 5 to 9: 1 guaranteed perfect IV
Chain length of 10 to 19: 2 guaranteed perfect IVs
Chain length of 20 to 29: 3 guaranteed perfect IVs
Chain length of 30 to 255*: 4 guaranteed perfect IVs

Hidden Abilities
Chain length of 0 to 9: 0% chance of Hidden Ability
Chain length of 10 to 19: 5% chance of Hidden Ability
Chain length of 20 to 29: 10% chance of Hidden Ability
Chain length of 30 to 255*: 15% chance of Hidden Ability

What this means is that the counter for IVs and HA will ROLL OVER after 255 back to 0. So if you're just looking for perfect IVs, then going to around 32 is enough.

Shiny Chance
Chain length of 0 to 69: ???**
Chain length of 70 to 255*: Three extra rolls for a shiny spawn.
After a chain of 70 the game rolls the shiny chance an extra three times.

(The post said this shiny info isn't 100% confirmed)
FC: 3007-9486-8232 IGN: Lucas
GT:Lagochocobo13

User Info: ParkTae

ParkTae
1 year ago#212
s
3DS FC:5172-4327-8535 Mii Name: ParkTaeTae ACNL IGN: ParkTae ACNL Town:Lunatic
Never Give Up For Your Life, listen to your friend, Music.

User Info: GoIisopod

GoIisopod
1 year ago#213
15% chance of HA is the worst part about chaining.
It's ya boi's signature Brawler Bug!

User Info: SuperMarioFan

SuperMarioFan
1 year ago#214
I'm not going to wade through 11 pages of this, but I discovered False Swipe doesn't do any damage to a Pokemon already at 1 HP in the wild.

I just started my game a few nights ago, and for some reason don't have access to the Adrenaline Orbs yet (I'm still on the first island, but have finished my trial). I got impatient and wanted to chain for a Salamence. But I do have a Bagon at the moment for my troubles (forgot my Pichu, now Pikachu, has the static ability. heh)

Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??
(message deleted)

User Info: Super_Henu

Super_Henu
1 year ago#216
do you have to keep the initial pokemon in or when it calls for help can you keep the new one alive and faint the initial?
My Pokemon X & Y Shinnies http://sirstrawhat.imgur.com

User Info: SuperMarioFan

SuperMarioFan
1 year ago#217
Super_Henu posted...
do you have to keep the initial pokemon in or when it calls for help can you keep the new one alive and faint the initial?

I know the answer! As long as it's the same type as the initial one, you can KO either one and keep the chain going.

I chained enough Bagon the other day to finally get a shiny Bagon to appear! (I was after Salamence, but not complaining).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

User Info: PMantis13

PMantis13
1 year ago#218
Adrenaline Orbs can be used only once for the whole battle, until I find my shiny? Or will I need to reuse it after a turn / fainted pokemon / anything else?

User Info: blaza192

blaza192
1 year ago#219
You only need to use adrenaline orb once per battle. It says in the description that it can only be used once per battle. The effect applies till the entire battle is over.
PSN: blaza192
Steam: blaza192

User Info: Lemon_Master

Lemon_Master
1 year ago#220
I'm trying to get a shiny Eevee, Rattata, or Lillipup. I'm not using any specific Pokemon for it. I just lower their HP, use an Adrenaline Orb, then use status/defensive moves repeatedly. Does that work? I've been trying for a few days on-and-off and still no shinies. Shiny hunters make it look so easy.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. SOS Chaining Guide