This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. SOS Chaining Guide

User Info: dantares83

dantares83
2 years ago#201
i know i should look through this but please help this lazy soul...

if the help did not appear, does it break the chain?

User Info: LordAlabast

LordAlabast
2 years ago#202
dantares83 posted...
i know i should look through this but please help this lazy soul...

if the help did not appear, does it break the chain?

No, it does not.
FC: 4442-0604-2607 IGN: Alabast
My waifu is the best waifu, and your waifu is objective garbage -- Satan to God, just before getting cast into Hell
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet because I don't see it on the first page abilities post, but the ability Unnerve helps with SOS chaining. It increases the chance to call for help, so I guess you could say it's like getting to use more than 1 Adrenaline Orb. Unfortunately, I believe Bewear is the only Pokémon available right now with the Unnerve ability and it's also it's hidden ability.
FC: 1950-8761-2797 IGN: Colton
Recent Shiny: Pyukumuku -172 Hunting: Cleffa

User Info: Megatonez

Megatonez
2 years ago#204
SoundNinjaHasau posted...
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet because I don't see it on the first page abilities post, but the ability Unnerve helps with SOS chaining. It increases the chance to call for help, so I guess you could say it's like getting to use more than 1 Adrenaline Orb. Unfortunately, I believe Bewear is the only Pokémon available right now with the Unnerve ability and it's also it's hidden ability.

According to serebii, intimidate and pressure also increase the chance of the pokemon calling for help. Thankfully, there are a decent amount of pokemon with intimidate.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan

User Info: Djeko619

Djeko619
2 years ago#205
Alright a few questions, while chaining dittos, i occasionally find one with "imposter", is this good or bad? Does it break the chain? If it doesn't, Would i want to catch this one? Or, does it being shiny break the chain?

Also, after the 40th called pokemon, Is it worth it to keep going(in terms of IV)? I thought the probability capped at 40, but i thought i saw some posts on here that said otherwise. Thanks for the help!

User Info: Jell-O_Mew

Jell-O_Mew
2 years ago#206
*Imposter is ditto's hidden ability.
*That ditto does not break the chain
*reddit's researchers say 30 is when 4IVs are guaranteed.

User Info: maestro

maestro
2 years ago#207
When it comes to shinies is it worth chaining after the 255th? My assumption is that the odds simply reset after that point. I have the shiny charm and I'm pretty close to a 450 chain on fomantis so I'm not sure whats to believe anymore.

Is there a definitive confirmation of shiny rates on SOS chaining because at this point I think my odds would be about the same it I was simply doing random encounters in the grass.
Pokemon Y FC;2793-0640-1817, Pokemon X FC: 2981-6595-8912
what is a ? WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR IMAGINARY MONEY! HOW MUCH DOES IT COST!?! - the afrochicken

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
2 years ago#208
The official site updated and stated that you can improve SOS call frequency if you use a SE move on the reinforcements as soon as they come in.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
I figured something out, people are always saying they're seeing shines struggle themselves to death, well, if you trick or switcharoo the shiny with leftovers it'll never kill itself, assuming you don't have a problem catching a pokemon near full health and you use a pokemon that has high stats that struggle only does 1-3 damage.
My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAKSZj_4veP6V--pSoP61A
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: BlitzBallerJG

BlitzBallerJG
2 years ago#210
Your guide doesn't indicate when/how quickly a pokemon with a HA will show up, are the chances equal for every S.O.S. or do you need to hit a certain count before there is a chance for HA?
FC: 1822-0556-4800
Pokemon IGN: Jonathan
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. SOS Chaining Guide