This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is salazzle sexualized?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Is salazzle sexualized?

User Info: Heart-ThROB

Heart-ThROB
1 year ago#41
I don't think it's up for debate that Salazzle is definitely made out to be sexual. It has constant bedroom eyes, pronounced thighs, and its underbelly creates the illusion of hiding washboard breasts. Plus, its Pokédex description describes it as creating reverse harems of male Salandit, and it apparently releases pheromones to control the opposite sex. That's pretty sexual no matter how you look at it.

Now, whether or not you find it attractive is an entirely different matter. I, for example, am not attracted to lizards, and, therefore, do not find Salazzle attractive. A lot of people in this thread seem to be confusing sexualization with being sexy. Sexualized =/= sexy. Either that, or they've got something to hide...
Gatrade: the official sports drink of the Indigo League.

User Info: Lizuka8002

Lizuka8002
1 year ago#42
I mean, yeah, the entire thing is obviously designed around being sexual. It's there in the Pokedex even, and the thing's body movements aren't remotely subtle about it. That's really not up for debate at all.

That said, there is a difference between sexual and sexy. Personally I find it more creepy, albeit in an awesome amusing way.

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
1 year ago#43
MDS2005 posted...
goodJT posted...
Endgame posted...
Well it definitely has a feminine build. That on its own isn't sexual. That's just a female cartoon lizard.

However when you read the pokédex entries it becomes clear that Salazzle is meant to be some kind of succubus lizard with mind control powers over all males. (Including human males! A detail that they did NOT need to include if they weren't going there.) So yes, Game Freak's intention is for female Salandrit/Salazzle to be a sexual being.

Makes me wonder how the anime episode's gonna play out.

I'd expect something somewhat similar to that one Diamond & Pearl episode with the weird Togepi with two personalities that used Attract on everyone's Pokemon.

Except this time it'd be every male in the cast except maybe Ash if they take his constant obliviousness to love so far that it makes him ignore outright mind control.

Either that or he just has thoughts of Serena so deep in the brain because of what went down at the end of Kalos, Salazzle can do f*** all against him.
eh, I can hope.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
S.S SatoSere/Amour now airbone, for good. Let your own will be done on these boards, not anyone elses.

User Info: Phoenix_Heart

Phoenix_Heart
1 year ago#44
You can sexualize anything if you look hard enough.
0748-2684-5434 3DS FC
Pokemon Sun in game name: Eclair

User Info: YoshiFan999

YoshiFan999
1 year ago#45
The pokedex literally says "reverse harem" in her entry

User Info: BadRaccoon

BadRaccoon
1 year ago#46
Basically, sounds like a fantasy reptilian version of bees, or ants. Only either it uses "mind control", or its pheromones are simply so powerful that they affect pretty much any creature with a high testosterone:oestrogen ratio.
Rocky Raccoon ... Fell back in his room
Only to find Gideon's Bible

User Info: LowFatSardine

LowFatSardine
1 year ago#47
It's Bayonetta.
Have you accepted Lightning Farron as your lord and savior?

User Info: MalePopplio

MalePopplio
1 year ago#48
Xeno3064 posted...
It has the slightest bit of a feminine body and eyes, but other than that, not really.
my neck, my back
lick my litten and torracat

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
1 year ago#49
BadRaccoon posted...
Basically, sounds like a fantasy reptilian version of bees, or ants. Only either it uses "mind control", or its pheromones are simply so powerful that they affect pretty much any creature with a high testosterone:oestrogen ratio.

Bringing science to pokemon, you gonna be around all week?
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
S.S SatoSere/Amour now airbone, for good. Let your own will be done on these boards, not anyone elses.

User Info: OniLink5000

OniLink5000
1 year ago#50
It's supposed to have a sort of seductive allure theme going for it. Anyone who says otherwise is really bad at picking up subtlety.
Good. You didn't skip over this line of text. This part of the post is actually quite significant and very, very important.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Is salazzle sexualized?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived