This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hello, ma'am? I'm calling to ask you a few questions about your son.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Hello, ma'am? I'm calling to ask you a few questions about your son.

User Info: OniLink5000

OniLink5000
1 year ago#1
I'm a professor at the local research laboratory. I just caught your boy's name here on a school registry, and since you're new in the area, I was wondering if it would be ok if your child could take a few months off from school to assist with an important scientific endeavor.

"..."

Well, he'll be helping me catalog every animal in the world by traveling unsupervised, mostly outdoors or in dangerous caves, and participating in blood sport competitions. It's really nothing major.

"..."

No, I'm sorry. We won't offer any monetary compensation, but he'll have the benefit of getting out of the house and getting some exercise. I'm sure you'd like that, plus he'll be doing me a big favor. Our research company is small and can't afford to have both employees AND working equipment. It would be sort of like volunteer work.

"..."

Of course, I understand you are concerned about the risks, but very few of the children who participate in the program go missing. It's almost 100% safe. I would say around... 80% safe at worst.

*click*

Hello? Hm. Must have lost connection.
Good. You didn't skip over this line of text. This part of the post is actually quite significant and very, very important.

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
1 year ago#2
This makes me wonder who the first child to go on a Pokemon adventure was.
"The future will be forged by those who accept the world they live in, and still fight for change!" - Yew Geneolgia, Bravely Second

User Info: EDumey

EDumey
1 year ago#3
I do tend to forget how young you are in these games. I think this is the first generation where they've repeatedly brought up the age gap between you and some of the NPCs.
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg

User Info: DontWorrii

DontWorrii
1 year ago#4
Son? Well excuse me princess, but Leaf, Kris, Lyra, May, Dawn, Hilda, Rosa, Serena, and No Name(f) exist!
Watch Eyewitness on USA
Also, FC: 5000-1908-3369

User Info: Raven236

Raven236
1 year ago#5
in the real world kids do travel alone on planes sometimes. (Young flyers)

its rare but the airline that accepts takes responsibility from when they check in at the departure hall to their arrival.

Of course its not to go around traveling the world.

Not as bad as pokemon though.,
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura

User Info: LunarRoar

LunarRoar
1 year ago#6
Raven236 posted...

its rare but the airline that accepts takes responsibility from when they check in at the departure hall to their arrival.

I used to do this a lot, can confirm

Anyhow Oak's worse, at least Kukui checks up on the kid every so often
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar

OniLink5000
1 year ago#7
DontWorrii posted...
Son? Well excuse me princess, but Leaf, Kris, Lyra, May, Dawn, Hilda, Rosa, Serena, and No Name(f) exist!

oh thanks i guess i shouldn't have misgendered your boy i mean girl. i will check my privilege next time.
Good. You didn't skip over this line of text. This part of the post is actually quite significant and very, very important.

User Info: EDumey

EDumey
1 year ago#8
LunarRoar posted...
Raven236 posted...

Not to bring up a "hand-holding" conversation, but the constant guidance from Kukui actually does seem like you're on a summer camp or something and your mentor is making sure you're alright at each check point. Points for realism I guess?
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg

User Info: Raven236

Raven236
1 year ago#9
EDumey posted...
LunarRoar posted...
Raven236 posted...

Not to bring up a "hand-holding" conversation, but the constant guidance from Kukui actually does seem like you're on a summer camp or something and your mentor is making sure you're alright at each check point. Points for realism I guess?

True Plus Your his Cousin and all.
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura

OniLink5000
1 year ago#10
EDumey posted...
LunarRoar posted...
Raven236 posted...

Yeah. Meanwhile in Kanto, Oak is just passed out wasted in the bathroom the whole time.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Hello, ma'am? I'm calling to ask you a few questions about your son.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived