This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. How pointless and annoying is Hau

User Info: MysticKnives

MysticKnives
2 years ago#51
skier8390 posted...
goodlyoak posted...
I don't like the fact that he never acknowledges me when I beat him.

Yeah that's probably the most frustrating thing because then he can be like:

"Ha ha this is fun" aka who knows if he really tried his hardest because this little b@st@rd is more clever than you think and plays head games.

F*** Hau

Ultimate Bro Hau confirmed to also be the Ultimate Troll Hau. Dat's just the way my bro rolls. He laughs it off, making you think he didn't really try, and he just sparing you from the shame, cause he know dat dis' is our story, so he can't steal our thunder.
Wicke is THICC

User Info: Mavitar

Mavitar
2 years ago#52
I just did the third fight against him.
...he almost swept my entire team with Raichu alone.
Opinions are like dicks. It's okay to have one, but if you're shoving it in everyone's face we're going to have problems.

User Info: watersprite_12

watersprite_12
2 years ago#53
I'd say a 2-3.
He is one of the best friendly rivals, being more laid back as apposed to just there to tag along with you.
Also, he puts up a good fight. That Aloan Raichu out of no where was an immediate threat island 3.
I'm glad I had a magneton to resist it.

It's funny i was thinking how come I got the TM for Phychic but he just got food, but then you realize his Raichu already knew it!
3ds FC: 3883 4803 0400

User Info: Twinklestar

Twinklestar
2 years ago#54
He can be so hyper sometimes that he ends up ignoring his surrounding, caring only about what's in front of him, unaware that it might be an annoyance to someone else.

Like when the trio (we, Lillie, and Hau) are checking out Hau'oli City, he implies he and Lillie should show us the city together......then proceed to run on his own.

Or when he was so overly happy about going to the next island that he completely ignored what Lillie is worrying about and suggest that she only cares about her "silly" hat. Not to mention pushing the "grandma" just sounds plain rude.

That's pretty much the only thing I hate about Hau though, other than that, he's okay.

User Info: Melkac

Melkac
2 years ago#55
Frostshock posted...
The fact that he chooses the wrong starter to fight you with makes him unworthy for consideration as a rival.

Because he isn't your rival.
Gladion is.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Melkaticox

User Info: MysticKnives

MysticKnives
2 years ago#56
Melkac posted...
Frostshock posted...
The fact that he chooses the wrong starter to fight you with makes him unworthy for consideration as a rival.

Because he isn't your rival.
Gladion is.

Lol Hau is just as much as your rival.
Wicke is THICC

User Info: OniLink5000

OniLink5000
2 years ago#57
Hau just seems kind of like whatever i lost who cares it's just a game

that's better to me than

i have to find my sister's purrloin you guys are a******s

or

*cough cough* i'm sick.
Good. You didn't skip over this line of text. This part of the post is actually quite significant and very, very important.

User Info: ShinyDesu

ShinyDesu
2 years ago#58
Well, sure Hau seemed to be a bit too overenthusiastic at first, but when we first encountered Gladion, what Gladion said really made sense (he said something along the lines of Hau being overly happy just to cover up his disappointment).

Hau is actually pretty interesting (and even realistic). He's the grandson of a Kahuna. A lot of expectation to succeed is put on him. Some people can flourish under that pressure, but because WE are there constantly outdoing him, it's probably a bit disheartening. So whenever he loses, he's just smiling as a coping mechanism. I mean, don't you guys know anyone who has acted as if their loss in a competition didn't matter or something along that effect? People do it all the time.

User Info: razordrakegorz

razordrakegorz
2 years ago#59
The fact that he never wants to go all-out against me and that he never acknowledges his losses makes me feel even more looked down than what Silver does in gsc. They really wrote Hau as the role model of douchebag and humiliating him is very rewarding.
IGN: Szadek
FC: 3840 8627 3013

User Info: Darkhero555

Darkhero555
2 years ago#60
I kinda like him, actually.
The self-proclaimed king of not giving a damn.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. How pointless and annoying is Hau
  • Topic Archived