This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

calling for help is the most annoying thing i've seen in a pokemon game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. calling for help is the most annoying thing i've seen in a pokemon game.

User Info: OniLink5000

OniLink5000
1 year ago#1
all I want to do is catch a thing but it keeps breaking out and calling for help every turn.

it doesn't make the game harder. it just makes it take longer to catch things, it wears down my HP, and it's more frustrating, and I'm also afraid it might single-handedly make catching new pokemon suck throughout the entire game.

I never want to see this brought back.
Good. You didn't skip over this line of text. This part of the post is actually quite significant and very, very important.

User Info: Octaivian_Rex

Octaivian_Rex
1 year ago#2
They should probably just bring it back and allow the player to catch Pokemon when two are out like any other competent game developer would do.
http://i.picasion.com/resize74/6d90c9342974ff164d4f0acd718fde7a.gif
3DS FC: 2750-1104-3979 Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, Braixen

User Info: ty_taurus

ty_taurus
1 year ago#3
I think it's meant to be easier than Horde for finding Hidden Abilities, since you can always switch in a Pokemon with Trace to identify which one has the ability. It would be nice if it could be limited in some way.

On the bright side, if you encounter a rare Pokemon and it's not the right gender for what you're looking for, you can let them call for help until you get the gender you want. Guarantee yourself females for breeding.
FC - 2766 - 9841 - 9345
IGN - Kieran

User Info: aurick79

aurick79
1 year ago#4
AFAIK - if you want them to stop calling for help, any status ailment will prevent it.
3DS FC Scott 0533-5781-3558
Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Rufflet

User Info: Omnipotent_Cow

Omnipotent_Cow
1 year ago#5
Apparently throwing a ball at one of two objects is just too complicated for the little guy.

User Info: MeowMixMax

MeowMixMax
1 year ago#6
Its pretty horrible.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/MeowMixMax
IGN: Makoto / HR:999 MH4U

User Info: GameofWheels

GameofWheels
1 year ago#7
Beating a Pokemon that calls for help and gets ignored makes me feel bad. Like damn all I want to do is get exp.
I'm Gameofwheels. Not Gameofchills.
FC: 3196 5348 2859 PSN: Gameofwheels

OniLink5000
1 year ago#8
ty_taurus posted...
I think it's meant to be easier than Horde for finding Hidden Abilities, since you can always switch in a Pokemon with Trace to identify which one has the ability. It would be nice if it could be limited in some way.

On the bright side, if you encounter a rare Pokemon and it's not the right gender for what you're looking for, you can let them call for help until you get the gender you want. Guarantee yourself females for breeding.

That's a good way to look at it. Maybe when I start getting into the breeding game that'll be useful.
Good. You didn't skip over this line of text. This part of the post is actually quite significant and very, very important.

OniLink5000
1 year ago#9
aurick79 posted...
AFAIK - if you want them to stop calling for help, any status ailment will prevent it.

think i've seen a totem pokemon call for help through sleep. not sure about random bros
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. calling for help is the most annoying thing i've seen in a pokemon game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived