This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. I'm not sure how to read these SOS slots on serebii

User Info: slothica

slothica
2 years ago#1
I'm assuming that all the Pokemon in slot 1 are the Pokemon I can find through normal means (walking, fishing, etc), and that all the Pokemon under it vertically are what that Pokemon can call.

But that seems wrong. How can I tell what any particular Pokemon can call at a given moment?
Every time someone posts on Gamefaqs, Arceus kills a Skitty.
3DS FC: 2079-7127-4943 (Pokemon IGN: Zombie, Sage)

User Info: crunchy612

crunchy612
2 years ago#2
Bump for awareness
721/802 LivingDex|Playing: Pokemon Moon
Just because you learned to stop suffering from the pain doesn't mean you no longer feel it. -Cross Heart

User Info: BeatenByBulba

BeatenByBulba
2 years ago#3
Serebii is a bit of a mess and idk why it is including the slot stuff (which is the raw game data) while attempting to present things more simply overall. The % numbers are also incredibly deceptive when it comes to SOS encounters. Actually it is just really messy overall and I'm pretty sure the person doing them doesn't actually know how it works.

Basically every pokemon on a route can call 7 "SOS" pokemon (Slots 1-7). The exact rates aren't known yet, but the Slot 7 pokemon is by far the most frequently called, I suspect around 2/3 of the time. It can also randomly call any of the pokemon in Slots 1-6. It might be that Slot 1 is the rarest and they become increasingly common, or Slots 1-6 might all be equally likely. Don't think we know yet.

For most pokemon, they only call themselves. So for example "Yungoos" only has "Yungoos" in slots 1-7. So it can only summon itself. Pichu on the other hand has Pichu in Slots 6-7, Happiny in Slot 5 and Pikachu in Slots 1-4. So Pichu can summon any of those three at any given moment. I don't know exact ratios (the ones on Serebii are bogus though, ignore them) but Pichu is most likely, then Pikachu, then Happiny.

90% of pokemon only summon themselves and quite a few have a small chance of summoning an evolved form. In rare cases they can summon a completely different pokemon (Corsola/Mareanie, Several can summon Happiny, Tauros/Miltank, Cubone/Kangaskhan etc.)

Just use these and "ctrl f" for reference until Serebii gets a cleaner format:

http://pastebin.com/YjNi4Qdk

http://pastebin.com/HKEVPUYX

User Info: SerebiifromSPP

SerebiifromSPP
2 years ago#4
BeatenByBulba posted...
Serebii is a bit of a mess and idk why it is including the slot stuff (which is the raw game data) while attempting to present things more simply overall. The % numbers are also incredibly deceptive when it comes to SOS encounters. Actually it is just really messy overall and I'm pretty sure the person doing them doesn't actually know how it works.

Basically every pokemon on a route can call 7 "SOS" pokemon (Slots 1-7). The exact rates aren't known yet, but the Slot 7 pokemon is by far the most frequently called, I suspect around 2/3 of the time. It can also randomly call any of the pokemon in Slots 1-6. It might be that Slot 1 is the rarest and they become increasingly common, or Slots 1-6 might all be equally likely. Don't think we know yet.

For most pokemon, they only call themselves. So for example "Yungoos" only has "Yungoos" in slots 1-7. So it can only summon itself. Pichu on the other hand has Pichu in Slots 6-7, Happiny in Slot 5 and Pikachu in Slots 1-4. So Pichu can summon any of those three at any given moment. I don't know exact ratios (the ones on Serebii are bogus though, ignore them) but Pichu is most likely, then Pikachu, then Happiny.

90% of pokemon only summon themselves and quite a few have a small chance of summoning an evolved form. In rare cases they can summon a completely different pokemon (Corsola/Mareanie, Several can summon Happiny, Tauros/Miltank, Cubone/Kangaskhan etc.)

We have a clean format. Press "Toggle Full Details". We had to condense stuff for a glance and to have less clutter
Serebii from the massive Pokemon website, Serebii.net

User Info: MalePopplio

MalePopplio
2 years ago#5
SerebiifromSPP posted...
BeatenByBulba posted...

We have a clean format. Press "Toggle Full Details". We had to condense stuff for a glance and to have less clutter

that clapback
yes serebii drag her
my neck, my back
lick my litten and torracat
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. I'm not sure how to read these SOS slots on serebii
  • Topic Archived