This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Did they make it harder to evolve Pichu?

User Info: VirusChris

VirusChris
4 years ago#1
I have a female Pichu with Soothe Bell on, never fainted in battle, use items on them to heal them including berries, won battles with my Pichu... and still a Pichu at Level 25. I even use Pokemon Refresh on her from time to time.

I've caught her at Level 8 and even used in her the Totem Pokemon battle and won (well I did swap her out when her health got low) and I've used the Rare Candy and a Rare Breakfast meal from the Plaza to increase her level by two, but nada. I believe Rare Canday increases their happiness as well?

I wish I have access to the Vitamins now, but does it seem like it takes longer to get Pichu to evolve in Sun & Moon compare to past versions? I've mostly got my Pichu to evolve in past titles around Level 15 or earlier (usually from an Egg).

Does the Plaza help with happiness with the attractions? Does the meals also help? It's like the condition went up higher to evolve Pichu or it takes longer fro happiness to build. >_>;

I already got a Pikachu by evolving my male Pichu who evolved at level 23. Trying to get a Female one to breed some more Pikachu to hand out to people.
"Spirt-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRAKIN SOUL!!!" ~ from my Virakins manga project.
Official Husband of Caster of the Fate/Extra boards | PSN: VirusChris

User Info: Gamecube_Gamer

Gamecube_Gamer
4 years ago#2
Try running around or riding on your bike. Just walking around with a pokemon in your party can slowly raise happiness. It's best if you find a place you can go back and forth in an unbroken line, or a circle without crashing.
It's what's called "cake". It's what's called delicious.

VirusChris
4 years ago#3
When do you get the Bike? Though honestly is Ride Pokemon much better than that? Or can Pokemon not increase happiness while using a Ride Pokemon?

Also what Route do you recommend?
"Spirt-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRAKIN SOUL!!!" ~ from my Virakins manga project.

User Info: Gamecube_Gamer

Gamecube_Gamer
4 years ago#4
That you have to find on your own, I'm not that far in the game.
It's what's called "cake". It's what's called delicious.

User Info: Ciberclaw

Ciberclaw
4 years ago#5
There's no bike just ride on tauros its the same.

Just, you know 128 steps = chance of +2 happiness so it takes forever.

VirusChris
4 years ago#6
Oh brother... well I finally got my Female Pikachu. Evolved at Level 28 so an extra 5 levels of work.

Compared to the Male Pichu I caught at Lv8 and it fainted two to three times in battle... it evolved at Level 23 instead. Sure I was using Pokemon Refresh on Male Pichu and used a lot of healing items, but Female Pichu had more wins under her belt.

I hate these "Friendship" Evolution at times... or more like I HATE it in Sun and Moon at the moment.

User Info: Xenozoa425

Xenozoa425
4 years ago#7
I caught mine at 8 and it evolved on 18 while holding a Soothe Bell. I did a lot of walking trying to find Zygarde cells. It fainted several times and I only used Refresh once to get rid of some poison.
Truth, Freedom, and Health
http://www.nutritionfacts.org

User Info: ethanpaige

ethanpaige
4 years ago#8
Mine evolved at 18 as well, be sure to feed it the happiness increasing meals every day
Everything you have seen here has been an illusion.

User Info: fahademon

fahademon
4 years ago#9
The plaza helps a crapton if you have the friendship cafe. I got a pikachu by level 8
n3ds FC: 3325-6287-4015 | IGN: Fahad/Fahadus | Gen7 TSV: 0998/1257
Stuff: http://tinyurl.com/FahadusReborn | Eggs: http://tinyurl.com/FahadusEggs

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 years ago#10
the final happiness heart seems to take longer in general
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Did they make it harder to evolve Pichu?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A