This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible (new pokemon) set for VGC? *SPOILERS*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Possible (new pokemon) set for VGC? *SPOILERS*

User Info: theloanranger

theloanranger
1 year ago#1
While Golisopod may not look good at first, I am determined to make him useful in at least some way

Golisopod -Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 212 Hp / 236 Atk / 60 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
-Sucker Punch/Aqua Jet
-Leech Life
-Liquidation
-Poison Jab/Rock Slide/Brick Break/Payback

Due to low speed, he almost certainly needs to be put in Trick Room, hens the Brave nature. 236 Atk EVs allows Golisopod to guarantee the OHKO on uninvested Tsareena with the new 80 base power leech life, and 212 Hp means that jolly Braviary's Brave Bird will never OHKO from full. The rest is put in SpD, and with an Assault Vest he becomes extremely tanky. For example here are some calcs:

+3 252 SpA Manaphy Energy Ball vs. 212 HP / 60 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 73-87 (41.2 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (not the best example using a Pokemon that's not legal in VGC, but still, that's tanky)

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Bomb vs. 212 HP / 60 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 68-82 (38.4 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Alolan Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 212 HP / 60 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod in Electric Terrain: 128-152 (72.3 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 212 HP / 60 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod in Psychic Terrain: 87-103 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO (won't 2hko after Leech Life recovery)

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Salazzle Flamethrower vs. 212 HP / 60 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 121-144 (68.3 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Vanilluxe Freeze-Dry vs. 212 HP / 60 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 104-125 (58.7 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(I obviously don't know what mons will be good in VGC, so I gave some random examples of pokemon that might work. All calcs done at lvl 50)
"Like a Barbaracle, I'm just too handsome."
-Yung Baselord CTC

theloanranger
1 year ago#2
Bump?
-Yung Baselord CTC

User Info: Hulkkis

Hulkkis
1 year ago#3
You probably should include his priority move, Entrance something.
90bp +2 priority only usable on first turn like fake out. Looks like it works out great with his auto escape ability.
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc

User Info: pokemon-fan

pokemon-fan
1 year ago#4
but the problem is that if they get hit first, and lose 50% of their health, they won't get the chance to attack back

User Info: TheBLD

TheBLD
1 year ago#5
Hulkkis posted...
90bp +2 priority only usable on first turn like fake out. Looks like it works out great with his auto escape ability.

First Impression, but where does it say anything about priority?
01067-72704
92980-02562

theloanranger
1 year ago#6
Another possible set for a mon

Necrozma -leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 20 Hp / 244 Def / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-Stored Power
-Dark Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Moonlight

Outspeeds max speed Heatran and always lives 2 Mega Medicham HJKs after leftovers
-Yung Baselord CTC

User Info: mnkboy907

mnkboy907
1 year ago#7
TheBLD posted...
Hulkkis posted...

First Impression, but where does it say anything about priority?

https://paste.ee/r/mvJ70

First Impression
Although this move has great power, it only works\nthe first turn the user is in battle.
Bug
Physical
90 Power
100% Accuracy
10 PP
2 Priority
Adjacent Pokémon
Our brackets went under, but DpObliVion's lived to tell the tale.
http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png - Number of people that D'awwed: 100

User Info: RoccoRed

RoccoRed
1 year ago#8
I have an idea with Emergency Exit + Red Card

Let Golisopod survive the hit and switch out while the opponent is forced to switch into a different mon.

You can then swap into a Pokemon that has the advantage or is resistant to set up while the opponent is flustered.
PSN: Omagiri_Dragon
3DS: 2578-4075-9903 *Friend Safari* (Electabuzz, Galvantula, Dedenne) Shiny Value Y: 2752

theloanranger
1 year ago#9
Pheromosa -Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
188 Atk / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive nature
-High Jump Kick
-Poison Jab
-Ice Beam
-U Turn

Max speed outruns max speed aero and zam, 188 atk and a CB guarantees the 2hko on Clefable with Poison Jab, the rest is put in SpA to hit Hippo harder with Ice Beam. Alternatively, you can run max speed and atk and a life orb with the last 4 in spa, this guarntees the 2hko on standard mixed hippo with ice beam, but misses out on the 2hko on clef
-Yung Baselord CTC

theloanranger
1 year ago#10
Xurktree -Choice Scarf
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot/Energy Ball
-Hidden Power [Ice]/Dazzling Gleam
-Volt Switch

Grass knot hits hippo harder, but energy ball ohkos diancie. Hp Ice hits mons like lando and garchomp harder, but Gleam hits the Latis harder

Set2
Xurktree -Life Orb
24 Hp / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]/Dazzling Gleam
-Energy Ball/Dazzling Gleam
-Tail Glow

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Xurktree Thunderbolt vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 324-381 (100.3 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Xurktree Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 378-446 (57.9 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-Yung Baselord CTC
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Possible (new pokemon) set for VGC? *SPOILERS*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived