• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Long time RE fan, first time playing RE6

User Info: mrdomino_66

mrdomino_66
10 months ago#1
I really enjoyed 1-5, 7, CV, and Revelations 1 and 2 so I picked up the 4-6 bundle on sale. So far, I’ve played through the intro and Chris’ first chapter and I’m really struggling to find any enjoyment in 6 whatsoever. It’s a boring slog though hundreds of enemies so far.

Are there any chapters or any of the character’s campaigns that are more survival horror? I could deal with roid rage Chris punching boulders in 5 because it still had the elements of 4 in it...but I’m at loss as to how any of this game can be enjoyable if the whole thing is like what I’ve played thus far.

I knew going into it that, overall, the reviews were less than favorable but I thought I could at least try to appreciate the story.

User Info: millimayne

millimayne
10 months ago#2
Not really, although Chris' chapter is probably the most intensive action-wise.
You will find more standard zombies in Leon's and Ada's chapters, but to say they're more survival-horror is a stretch, since you're still fighting hordes of enemies.
I will say, if you like the multi-player aspect of 5, I really like RE6's modes, but solo, it's not one of my favorites.
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd

User Info: RE_master916

RE_master916
10 months ago#3
Leon's is by far the best. His campaign, is the only one that feels like Resident Evil. I though I was playing Call of Duty in Chris' campaign.
707 and counting

User Info: mrdomino_66

mrdomino_66
10 months ago#4
Thanks! I’ll give Leon’s campaign a spin.

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
10 months ago#5
RE_master916 posted...
Leon's is by far the best. His campaign, is the only one that feels like Resident Evil. I though I was playing Call of Duty in Chris' campaign.

Each campaign plays differently. Chris’s is more “Call of Duty” because that’s his job. Leon’s is slower paced along the lines of 4 (still action) and then Jake’s is... I mean they’re all really actiony, just different types. The game is all over the place. I like it, but it’s definitely the worst in the mainline action games.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

User Info: benjatron1701

benjatron1701
10 months ago#6
Leon’s campaign is decent at best. It’s the only campaign that some what feels like RE.

User Info: MmickeysS

MmickeysS
10 months ago#7
Don't play it alone if you can help it.
Sugoi SUGOI**
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmi8rKqUkAImP-n.jpg

User Info: dmack316

dmack316
9 months ago#8
RE_master916 posted...

I agree with this. Also, it would have been a lot better if Chris's partner was Jill and Leon's was Claire. Why leave them out for a couple of nobodies? Those two rank right up there with Billy from Zero lol
GT: Outcast Mack
PSN: outcastmack

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
9 months ago#9
dmack316 posted...
RE_master916 posted...

I agree with this. Also, it would have been a lot better if Chris's partner was Jill and Leon's was Claire. Why leave them out for a couple of nobodies? Those two rank right up there with Billy from Zero lol

I'm fine with Helena. If anything Claire shoudlv'e been paired up with Sherry. Nobody cares about Jake.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
9 months ago#10
This is the only RE game I have yet to play. Bought it for the PS4 but now I’m playing RE2make so I will give this a go after I’m done with that.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Long time RE fan, first time playing RE6
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers