• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Caligula Effect
  3. Much better than I expected.

User Info: Supergirl-Type0

Supergirl-Type0
9 months ago#1
I bought this game on the PSN Store during a "popular in Japan" sale or somesuch. The music is compelling. The battles are fun. The character development is good, although it's a slow burn until you hit rank level 6 where they reveal their trauma and you get to the bottom of what they're feeling.

The customization for skills is pretty good, though sometimes you'll have to do it at the expense of your stats- not always a problem if you have the "wallflower" skill to make enemies stop targeting you.

Trying my luck against much stronger enemies is fun, even if it results in a game over screen sometimes. I'm really enjoying the experience, and looking forward to playing through the whole story. I'm about 32 hours in. It's pretty great.

User Info: donkeycoot233

donkeycoot233
9 months ago#2
Wow! I’m so glad you found this game, in that case. Sounds like you really do like it.

Not to be a debbie downer, but I’m most definitely not feeling the same way. I want to love it, since it’s Vocaloid x Persona, but...

First, the battles are weird for me. I distinctly remember one fight that dragged on and on, and the gal on my team dashed out of the classroom for protection while the guys stayed in. I never seem to get Game Over screens. Just battles that last forever and ever, and those that don’t. Like the time I fought one of those optional bosses guarding an orb, and it took me an hour to try and whittle its health down until I decided (and after 5 sets of turns, succeeded) to run away. It all feels more like an idol stage manager game than an RPG.

As for the music... I LOVE 40mP. Karakuri Pierrot, Gigantic Girl, Torinokocity—everything is awesome. But the Kagi-P song in the first dungeon is screechy, and the piano makes me think of nothing but the music that plays at Chick Fil A.

What I’m trying to say is... please help me like it. What am I doing wrong? I should be loving it, but... it’s so... not good
---

User Info: Supergirl-Type0

Supergirl-Type0
9 months ago#3
donkeycoot233 posted...
Wow! I’m so glad you found this game, in that case. Sounds like you really do like it.

Not to be a debbie downer, but I’m most definitely not feeling the same way. I want to love it, since it’s Vocaloid x Persona, but...

First, the battles are weird for me. I distinctly remember one fight that dragged on and on, and the gal on my team dashed out of the classroom for protection while the guys stayed in. I never seem to get Game Over screens. Just battles that last forever and ever, and those that don’t. Like the time I fought one of those optional bosses guarding an orb, and it took me an hour to try and whittle its health down until I decided (and after 5 sets of turns, succeeded) to run away. It all feels more like an idol stage manager game than an RPG.

As for the music... I LOVE 40mP. Karakuri Pierrot, Gigantic Girl, Torinokocity—everything is awesome. But the Kagi-P song in the first dungeon is screechy, and the piano makes me think of nothing but the music that plays at Chick Fil A.

What I’m trying to say is... please help me like it. What am I doing wrong? I should be loving it, but... it’s so... not good

I fell for it during the library dungeon. The music was so good. Shonen Doll is my favorite boss of the game. I can generally get around the stronger Digiheads by dashing as long as I don't get too close. I just kept grinding for a while, because I enjoyed it. Put in 50+ hours into the main story, then got a little ways into post-game content.

What I've found is, if your level is much higher than your enemy's, the enemy will leave you alone. If it's lower, the enemies will engage you in battle. So long as you keep that rule in mind, you can fight as much or as little as you please, generally speaking.
  1. Boards
  2. The Caligula Effect
  3. Much better than I expected.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A