• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: AgentOO8

AgentOO8
2 years ago#1
I don't want to be that guy but my son has tried playing last night and today and cant play more than 5 minutes before it freezes. I downloaded and installed the patch last night and then proceeded to play through the entire first level just fine. My son loaded it up today from that point and it's been freezing regularly ever since. I didn't know if it just might be our copy. I have had that happen before but wanted to hear more before going that route. I know patches will usually fix this but if no one else is having problems I might just try another copy.

Thanks
Worker bees can leave. Even drones can fly away.
The Queen is their slave.

User Info: GaryAtEastern

GaryAtEastern
2 years ago#2
turn off that information collecting thing.
only glitch i had was in the first level. when it switched to rey sliding, every single stud i collected flew at the screen and completely covered it up for 3 good seconds. doesnt sound that bad, but think of how many studs you collect. i was basically looking at gold or silver half the time. and i had to finish the level that way because there are no mid level save points anymore.
WiiU: gary_abernethy2

AgentOO8
2 years ago#3
So apparently I'm the only one here with this problem. I turned off our internet and the game is working fine. I am going to try later with the internet on and see if it starts freezing again or if hopefully everything has ironed itself out. It's worked flawlessly for two days now. By the way, does anyone know if there is a way on the WiiU to turn off the internet temporarily like the PS3 and PS4? I've tried looking in the settings but find no option to just simply turn it off.

AgentOO8
2 years ago#4
GaryAtEastern posted...
turn off that information collecting thing.
only glitch i had was in the first level. when it switched to rey sliding, every single stud i collected flew at the screen and completely covered it up for 3 good seconds. doesnt sound that bad, but think of how many studs you collect. i was basically looking at gold or silver half the time. and i had to finish the level that way because there are no mid level save points anymore.

You posted as I was typing mine out.
I suspected that information collection thing from the get go but didn't know there was an option to turn it off. I would do what I thought was cancelling it but it still says its connecting to the server and then I would have my freezing issues. Like I said its been fine the past two days but Ive had to shut off our wifi completely and I would rather shut it off on the WiiU so my daughter can still watch netflix.

Thanks

User Info: GaryAtEastern

GaryAtEastern
2 years ago#5
you can turn it off right in the options and it will stay off until you change it.
it still says "connecting" when you first turn the game on for god knows what reason, but the glitches should be gone.
WiiU: gary_abernethy2
  • Topic Archived