Can anyone explain maximum break?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers
  3. Can anyone explain maximum break?

User Info: kanamekazuma

kanamekazuma
7 months ago#1
How does it change the damage formula?

Does it give a damage boost?

Does it remove support, being a sub in a team damage penalty and the penalty for attacking an enemy teammate?

User Info: AldenDegrit

AldenDegrit
7 months ago#2
I'll try explaining how it works.

1. All 4 units attack with their F weapons (total damage is the final damage for the 4 attacks x 0.5, can't be a critical hit, and spirt commands do not apply here)
2. Main unit from the activating twin attacks.
3. Sub unit from the activating twin attacks. (With a 65% modifier for attacking an enemy main unit)
4. Main unit from the support twin attacks. (No support penalty, spirt command do not apply except Smite (100% crit rate))
5. Sub unit from the support twin attacks. (No support penalty, but with a 65% modifier for attacking an enemy main unit, also spirt command do not apply except Smite)

Also remember all attacks get the Barrier Penetration trait and become unmissable (100% hit chance). MAP and ALL attacks are invalid for any of the attacks.

Hope it helps.

kanamekazuma
7 months ago#3
Thanks.

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
7 months ago#4
Also, each attack, including F attacks, needw to be in range. If the F attacks aren't all usable, the option will simply not come up, which has gotten me a few times.
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.

User Info: Zophor

Zophor
7 months ago#5
Shaded_Phoenix posted...
Also, each attack, including F attacks, needw to be in range. If the F attacks aren't all usable, the option will simply not come up, which has gotten me a few times.

This. Took me awhile to figure out why I couldn't link Kyosuke's RG with the SRX for a Maximum Break.
CHESTOOOOOOOOOO!!!

kanamekazuma
7 months ago#6
Do any of you know the best way to get the damage trophy?

Also I played hard mode through my first playthrough now I'm playing beginner, are there any story differences other than not having a choice on the route split?

Shaded_Phoenix
7 months ago#7
kanamekazuma posted...
Also I played hard mode through my first playthrough now I'm playing beginner, are there any story differences other than not having a choice on the route split?

Take a look at the Scenario Chart. The first two stages on the Earth Route/Beginner Route aren't shared. They have separate entries on the chart, and have different SR points, even if they're basically identical, beyond the first one including a trimmed down prologue, and skipping the Soulsaber introduction stage.

Actually, you probably went on the Space Route, but that's not the point. The story differences are basically skipping a few early events, and that's all.

kanamekazuma posted...
Do any of you know the best way to get the damage trophy?

Not specifically. But you want to gather the highest damage dealers (like, most combination attacks, but you have to upgrade both units to max out the combination attacks damage), have them use the double damage spirits, in a Maximum Break, at high levels and morale gain, with lots of upgrades, both regular and throwing spare PP into their attack stat. I don't know if Focused Attack helps or not. Maybe so?

If you unlock Special Mode (3rd playthrough) you get 5 more upgrade "notches" for each mecha stat. Probably want to use Villetta to start it off, maybe...? She has MB Activate by default.

And then, with all of that, attack an enemy with low armor. A weak grunt. A Lamalice is probably best.

kanamekazuma
7 months ago#8
Thanks.

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
7 months ago#9
Shaded_Phoenix posted...

kyosuke can still use maximum break on an enemy at 1 range even though that is the deadzone of his default F weapon, the 5 link gun
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!

Shaded_Phoenix
6 months ago#10
saltedham posted...
kyosuke can still use maximum break on an enemy at 1 range even though that is the deadzone of his default F weapon, the 5 link gun

What about the other participants? It might be that it's okay if it's the starting Pair, but only characters with an F attack within range can join into the attack?
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers
  3. Can anyone explain maximum break?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived