• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers
  3. Good news - looks like the translation isn't dogs***!

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
5 years ago#11
jonnovision1 posted...
it's not terrible, like if grammar is the only issue, whatever, but is Kouta (sorry, Kohta...?) supposed to be that formal? or is that just the translators not really attempting to have characters speak more or less formally

I'm kinda hoping it's Kohta's tendency to adopt Roar's speech patterns... But I'm not sure.

jonnovision1 posted...
edit: did they just strike the Wild from the Wildfalken and stuff? also lol at "Einst, Zwei, Dry!" 1/3 at least?

I kinda hope "dry" is intentional.
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.

User Info: jonnovision1

jonnovision1
5 years ago#12
I don't even think Einst is intentional, it's supposed to be Eins, Zwei, Drei, isn't it? like 1, 2, 3 in german?
3DS FC: 3695 - 0270 - 7045

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
5 years ago#13
jonnovision1 posted...
I don't even think Einst is intentional, it's supposed to be Eins, Zwei, Drei, isn't it? like 1, 2, 3 in german?

Yeah... But I can at least pretend that Einst is a pun. If Dry is also a pun, or Arado just can't speak German, then there's a reason. If not, then they can't use google.
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.

User Info: rendetsku

rendetsku
5 years ago#14
I find it funny that Irm is called Irum but his full name is still Irmgult.
The recorder of knowledge

User Info: Richman191

Richman191
5 years ago#15
jonnovision1 posted...

If you have a screen shot of him saying that line in jpn ver. I can tell you for sure.

Edit: I just checked the katakana for throne drei gundam and it is written with do, ra, and i (surprisingly not with do, re, and i) which can be read as dry. Given the context, I'd say the translator rushed this without considering how and where it was used. Well, that or he just ran the damn thing through Google translate because that is what you get when you put in the hiragana/kana.
Now Playing: Kof14, Disgaea d2
FC: 0447 6323 5507

User Info: RetsuxD

RetsuxD
5 years ago#16
Richman191 posted...
jonnovision1 posted...

If you have a screen shot of him saying that line in jpn ver. I can tell you for sure.

It's literally the same exchange he's had with Seolla ever since Alpha 2 TBS.
He says Eins, she follows with Zwei and then he/both finish with Drei.
Now I don't know what the hell happened there because Zwei got out scot-free instead of turning into some nonsense like Tuvai or whatever.

User Info: Richman191

Richman191
5 years ago#17
RetsuxD posted...
Richman191 posted...
jonnovision1 posted...

It's literally the same exchange he's had with Seolla ever since Alpha 2 TBS.
He says Eins, she follows with Zwei and then he/both finish with Drei.
Now I don't know what the hell happened there because Zwei got out scot-free instead of turning into some nonsense like Tuvai or whatever.

Google translate got the translations of zwei in both hiragana and katakana correct. Now I'm even more convinced they ran the dialogues through Google translate.
Now Playing: Kof14, Disgaea d2
FC: 0447 6323 5507

User Info: allanvvu

allanvvu
5 years ago#18
Richman191 posted...

Google translate got the translations of zwei in both hiragana and katakana correct. Now I'm even more convinced they ran the dialogues through Google translate.

I wouldn't be surprised if the English version were translated from the Chinese translation. I mean, it's their Asian branch working on the game and Japanese-Chinese and Chinese-English translators are much more common than Japanese-English translators.

User Info: Curemaster

Curemaster
5 years ago#19
allanvvu posted...
Richman191 posted...

I wouldn't be surprised if the English version were translated from the Chinese translation. I mean, it's their Asian branch working on the game and Japanese-Chinese and Chinese-English translators are much more common than Japanese-English translators.

It's more like they didn't know what they're translating, which is a common problem for translators. Added that the release date is just one month after the JP, this results is expected.

Not a long ago, Bandai SEA are looking for a JP -> EN translator, with "Knowledge about Japanese animes, comics, games, and especially Bandai Namco games" as a plus point for the applicants. So here's hoping that the next game's translation quality will improved.
An der schonen blauen Donau + Very large speakers = Overridden Trombe...

User Info: SteelSeven

SteelSeven
5 years ago#20
No comment. Although, I must admit reading those made me laugh in a good way. I'll just turn a blind eye and hope they do better next time.
Failure comes from success. GUST here I come!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsvqdv4xdkaBiczzNobgmg
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers
  3. Good news - looks like the translation isn't dogs***!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A