Good news - looks like the translation isn't dogs***!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers
  3. Good news - looks like the translation isn't dogs***!

User Info: sumgai9000

sumgai9000
1 year ago#31
It's more like rat droppings. Not as odorous, but still all over the place.

I'd give it more credit if this was the version everyone was using to make gameplay videos, but it's a lot more underwhelming when you've already seen the entire game on Youtube.

That, and the gaiden game itself isn't exactly impressive.

Recycled assets, filler stages, lack of interesting new characters, E-selda still dies, and giant nightmare penises from nowhere (get it, misogynist scum?) all make the game incredibly wonky even without a jarring, grammatically horrendous lesson in engrish.

We didn't even get to see Cobray pop out of the Crossgate at the last second to help you fight an advance fleet of Balmarian invaders (spearheaded by a Zfylud) during the nonexistant true final stage.

And don't even get me started on some bosses using Iron "GONNA WASTE YOUR TIME AND TURN LOLOL" Wall.

Ley's just say that the translation had to be palatable to obsessive US uber-otaku in order to justify the one and a quarter month delay for an english version of a disappointing game that apparently never got focus-grouped by anyone with real taste.

User Info: sneakysnake

sneakysnake
1 year ago#32
Guess I was right on the money...disgusting Singlish.

The extra month they took to translate this was a rushed job with no editors.

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
1 year ago#33
RetsuxD posted...
greeeed posted...
RetsuxD posted...
Technically speaking, I don't think importing sales do anything at all.
Bamco probably got paid already for all those copies shipped to retailers/importers.

And guess what happened if no one bought it from them?

They'll remain in stock and Bamco will have a laugh?

Except they stop localizing Tales because of that, right?

It take years and a lot of fans crying online before they try to localize tales game again.

Edit: Same reason why Atlus stop localizing OG games since no one bough them.
(The localize it at the of end GBA life, even DS was out for while)

User Info: RetsuxD

RetsuxD
1 year ago#34
Tales games not getting localized sounds like a win-win for every party involved, though.

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
1 year ago#35
RetsuxD posted...
Tales games not getting localized sounds like a win-win for every party involved, though.

That same thing many will say abut COD.
But their fan disagree.

But that is irrelevant.
(message deleted)

User Info: jonnovision1

jonnovision1
1 year ago#37
Atlus probably stopped after og2 because og1 and 2 combined probably only sold 1000 copies, those games were pirated really badly
3DS FC: 3695 - 0270 - 7045, playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate mostly.

User Info: ZexxCrine

ZexxCrine
1 year ago#38
sumgai9000 posted...
It's more like rat droppings. Not as odorous, but still all over the place.

I'd give it more credit if this was the version everyone was using to make gameplay videos, but it's a lot more underwhelming when you've already seen the entire game on Youtube.

That, and the gaiden game itself isn't exactly impressive.

Recycled assets, filler stages, lack of interesting new characters, E-selda still dies, and giant nightmare penises from nowhere (get it, misogynist scum?) all make the game incredibly wonky even without a jarring, grammatically horrendous lesson in engrish.

We didn't even get to see Cobray pop out of the Crossgate at the last second to help you fight an advance fleet of Balmarian invaders (spearheaded by a Zfylud) during the nonexistant true final stage.

And don't even get me started on some bosses using Iron "GONNA WASTE YOUR TIME AND TURN LOLOL" Wall.

Ley's just say that the translation had to be palatable to obsessive US uber-otaku in order to justify the one and a quarter month delay for an english version of a disappointing game that apparently never got focus-grouped by anyone with real taste.

sumgai9000 posted...
Heya kids, my name is Opinion-as-fact McGee, and boy I sure do have a lot to say that is 100% true about this game that everyone knows. Listen as I speak about a game that didn't live up to my personal expectations that I'm going to claim could be tested by a focus group because it's a fact that everyone dislikes it.

User Info: jonnovision1

jonnovision1
1 year ago#39
you already lost when you responded to him
3DS FC: 3695 - 0270 - 7045, playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate mostly.

User Info: FlameKishin

FlameKishin
1 year ago#40
jonnovision1 posted...
Atlus probably stopped after og2 because og1 and 2 combined probably only sold 1000 copies, those games were pirated really badly

I have both on GBA in English physically.
dafreestyleking posted this about Street Fighter V:
"Look at it, it was obviously 3/4 assed(not even half)"
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers
  3. Good news - looks like the translation isn't dogs***!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived