This is my first Super Robot Wars game and i had a question...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers
  3. This is my first Super Robot Wars game and i had a question...

User Info: Ryumoau23

Ryumoau23
1 year ago#1
I recently bought Gundam Breaker 3 as my first ever import title and really enjoy both the game and the overall purchasing experience from Playasia.

So i saw that this game was recommended and decided to go ahead and order it earlier today. I know its suppose to be a strategy game and not all out action like GB3, but i was wondering about the difficulty.

I'm only a moderate strategy rpg fan and have only really played the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance games on Gameboy Advance. I was wondering if this game would newcomer friendly to both people new to Strategy games and the Super Robot series?

I'd be fine if it just offered different difficulty settings to choose from. Guess i probably should have asked this before i bought the game. lol
28 and bisexual. ^ ^
psn: Ryumoau

User Info: KaelAltreul

KaelAltreul
1 year ago#2
It's medium difficulty for newcomers. My brother was like... 12 when he started playing these games and had very minor issues.

Ryumoau23
1 year ago#3
KaelAltreul posted...
It's medium difficulty for newcomers. My brother was like... 12 when he started playing these games and had very minor issues.

I see. Can i grind previous missions to level up if i have difficulty? I hope its not one of those games that force you to keep going forward in story and doesn't give opportunity to grind. There was an rpg i played like that, but can't remember name. lol
28 and bisexual. ^ ^

User Info: sumgai9000

sumgai9000
1 year ago#4
You can't grind unless you get a game over, which permanently sacrifices the battle mastery point for that stage.

You can only get it again on another playthrough, making SRW more of a strategy game than a mindless time-sink grinder with artificial difficulty.

Ryumoau23
1 year ago#5
Oh i see, dang. :(
28 and bisexual. ^ ^

User Info: rendetsku

rendetsku
1 year ago#6
Ryumoau23 posted...

The battle masterys aren't that important in this game though. Sometimes there's a secret attached to how many you get but for this game it's just for increasing the dificulty and personal achievement.
The recorder of knowledge

User Info: jonnovision1

jonnovision1
1 year ago#7
there's no SR Point related secrets in this one, they stopped that somewhat recently.

there are still occasionally secrets with similar conditions to SR Points, but they're separate so that you can still get them after a Game Over
3DS FC: 3695 - 0270 - 7045, playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate mostly.

User Info: sumgai9000

sumgai9000
1 year ago#8
rendetsku posted...
Ryumoau23 posted...

The battle masterys aren't that important in this game though. Sometimes there's a secret attached to how many you get but for this game it's just for increasing the dificulty and personal achievement.

Personal achievement is the only reason to play MD.

Otherwise, you might as well watch the gameplay videos on Youtube.

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
1 year ago#9
sumgai9000 posted...
rendetsku posted...
Ryumoau23 posted...

Personal achievement is the only reason to play MD.

Otherwise, you might as well watch the gameplay videos on Youtube.

Same thing with any game.
You can just watch other people play FFXV, COD, Kingdome Heart, SRW V, SF....etc
Or play it yourself.

User Info: Anothersoul

Anothersoul
1 year ago#10
So ppl these day play games for personal achievement? Pfffffff
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers
  3. This is my first Super Robot Wars game and i had a question...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived