• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. The bug-triggering FoE chest in Starlight Canyon despawned itself forever??

User Info: MarkusEA

MarkusEA
2 years ago#1
So I've been very careful with the FoE chest at the corner of the weapon shop, since reading about it in chapter 3 from Sky Render's guide. I waited until the very end of chapter 6, and went into the future version of Starlight Canyon to collect everything.

My problem is that I remember taking two FoE's in the starlight canyon, as instructed by Lyte It Up 420's guide. The FoE's I took were number 18 at the crest, and number 20 outside the item shop. (number 20 is the one that disappears if you take the weapon chest FoE (17) before chapter 6, the one that will trigger the bug). I went back to the present without taking the weapon chest FoE (17) - not willing to take it yet due to not yet knowing that I had already taken the chest that could get bugged. I realized that I was missing one FoE (19) and quickly found it upon entering future Starlight Canyon again. HOWEVER, the bug-triggering weapon chest (17) had disappeared!

I read a comment somewhere from "Darth Mom", basically saying that you can't leave the future Starlight Canyon before taking every chest there. That includes the newly spawned chests from chapter 6, and the one you left behind in chapter 3. It seems to me like the chapter 6 chests didn't bug out of existence, but number 17, the one we wait with opening until chapter 6, has bugged out of existence from simply leaving the future and coming back!

Anyone here that can confirm this? It looks to me as if, when you open the weapon chest (17) before the chapter 6 chest (19) can spawn, it won't spawn at all. But if you go to the future at a certain point (chapter 6) and leave without taking it, the bug-triggering chest itself will bug and despawn itself instead!

???
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. The bug-triggering FoE chest in Starlight Canyon despawned itself forever??
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Elder Jurak's branch restored? Side Quest3 Answers
Morning sun picture? General3 Answers
How do i get the picture of cinders? Main Quest1 Answer
Is the fishing rod bug fixed? Side Quest1 Answer
How to become good at Spheda? Side Quest1 Answer