• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. Player #42 gunning for platty, need some help

User Info: Xenogearj

Xenogearj
2 years ago#1
Hey I'm a fellow sorry Platinum-seeker. I played this over a decade ago and decided to give it another go. I've currently researched weapon making, using a guide for photos, read up on some ancient board topics, and using a guide for the game.

So far I'm just past defeating Linda, and I missed Linda's scoop because I didn't read the next sentence in the guide, had to restart 4 hours (idle time & grinding) since it's needed for a recipe for the recipe trophy. Now I'm back to where I was with markedly less exp and items.

Fun fun!

===

My first question on my plat quest: snapping non-missable enemy scoops should be saved for later in the game when stronger? (In general anything else that could/should be postponed?)

I ask because my fledgling self is in the sewer trying to take a picture of the Nightstalker's spin attack and the Vanguard's back flip, and not only am I missing the pictures but I am also getting my ass handed to me, respectively and in rapid succession.
PSN: Bobthehuman2
'I'm giving it all she's got, Captain.' - Xenogearj

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 years ago#2
Xenogearj posted...
snapping non-missable enemy scoops should be saved for later in the game when stronger?

Depending on how smart/familiar you are with the enemy's habits, you can probably make do with being weaker. The main risk is getting hit - either by the foe or the other enemies. But either way, stronger is always better.
she/her -- My Server, Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/emd
My PMD Rescue Server: https://discord.gg/E57gMQq

User Info: Xenogearj

Xenogearj
2 years ago#3
Thanks for the tip.

I got lucky with Nightstalker on my next try, got a game over with Vanguard after that.

Was dancing with a Vanguard for about 15 minutes, managed to learn his moveset, harder still was distinguishing between his double-drill attack and his piledriver for the shot. Had to look up a youtube video but I got the summbich. Trick was baiting by rotating around him and when he was facing me I backed up a bit, let him start his piledriver attack, enter camera mode and gently flick camera up and snap randomly. Got it on my 5 or 6th random snap attempt.
PSN: Bobthehuman2
'I'm giving it all she's got, Captain.' - Xenogearj
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. Player #42 gunning for platty, need some help
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Elder Jurak's branch restored? Side Quest3 Answers
Morning sun picture? General3 Answers
How do i get the picture of cinders? Main Quest1 Answer
Is the fishing rod bug fixed? Side Quest1 Answer
How to become good at Spheda? Side Quest1 Answer