• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. Starting replay to acquire Platinum - tips & help welcomed (spoilers ok) thx

User Info: palatinae

palatinae
2 years ago#41
Well, I now have every medal in every dungeon up until the point of no return. I made 3 save files (lol) and see no reason as to why I should not kill the ch.7 boss and proceed into ch.8 ><

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 years ago#42
palatinae posted...
Well, I now have every medal in every dungeon up until the point of no return. I made 3 save files (lol) and see no reason as to why I should not kill the ch.7 boss and proceed into ch.8 ><

Good luck!
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

palatinae
2 years ago#43
Eevee-Trainer posted...
palatinae posted...

Good luck!

Looong fight. ><

Interestingly enough, the FAQ guide I am using - https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/185524-dark-cloud-2/faqs/62629 states:

================================
FINAL BOSS, Part 6: Black Dragon
================================

Like those Dragon enemies you've been seeing around (ie. Earth Dragon). You
know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyhow -- Ridepod.

==========================================
FINAL BOSS, Part 7: Gaja Ein and Gaja Zwei
==========================================

but, there is a boss omitted - Uther (an Arthur type pseudo boss).

Anyhow, on to the next form now

palatinae
2 years ago#44
Trophy .... A True Visionary ... earned ><

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 years ago#45
palatinae posted...
Trophy .... A True Visionary ... earned ><

Congrats!
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

palatinae
2 years ago#46
Thanks. I just finished the final dead end in the Zelmite (sic) Mine and have every medal up until that point ... so, it won't be long (another session or two) until I get Medalhead as well. Then .... on to trying Lure Fishing. I have never used it before so it will be a learning process for sure ><

palatinae
2 years ago#47
Trophy ... What, your Monster is Evolving? ... earned ><

8 more unexplored areas in Zellmite Mines to finish off Medalhead (and others). Still haven't done fishing (with Lure Rod) yet for Baron ... ugh.

palatinae
2 years ago#48
Sadly, I am out of Resurrection Powders. I read some posts about trying to farm Holy Stones and they seem to suggest creating/upgrading a machine gun for Max that can barely do damage to a Holy Gemron or Wyrm. I did so, but am either very unlucky at stealing or am doing it wrong? Thoughts?

palatinae
2 years ago#49
palatinae posted...
Sadly, I am out of Resurrection Powders. I read some posts about trying to farm Holy Stones and they seem to suggest creating/upgrading a machine gun for Max that can barely do damage to a Holy Gemron or Wyrm. I did so, but am either very unlucky at stealing or am doing it wrong? Thoughts?

Got some Holy Stones today ... very slow going. The Wyrms seems to hardly ever get effected by Stop and so I can only get a one second burst of machine gun fire - then move to avoid incoming damage - rinse/repeat. I have killed many of them (@ 6-18 HP per attack with a 5-6k total HP) and not stolen anything. When I have stolen, I have never gotten 2 steals from same enemy so not sure if that is possible. Also, when I have stolen, I have never gotten a Holy Stone as drop (with Borneo equipped as party member). Anyhow, at least I am getting some ...

palatinae
2 years ago#50
Medalhead trophy earned!

All that is left is to learn how to fish with a lure rod and catch a Baron and then kill Dark Genie ><

EDIT: Easy Peasy catching a Baron. On to Dark Genie ...

re-EDIT: ... and, Platinum'd ><

Thanks for all the help!!!!!

cya at the next game (or play thru)
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Cloud 2
  3. Starting replay to acquire Platinum - tips & help welcomed (spoilers ok) thx
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Elder Jurak's branch restored? Side Quest3 Answers
Morning sun picture? General3 Answers
How do i get the picture of cinders? Main Quest1 Answer
Is the fishing rod bug fixed? Side Quest1 Answer
How to become good at Spheda? Side Quest1 Answer