• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Slime Rancher
  3. Slime Rancher has left Early Access today, 33% sale until the 6th

User Info: Liger8188

Liger8188
2 years ago#1
At least that's what I believe I saw on Steam, that or the 8th. From $19.99 to $13.39 I believe. Now I have to think about wheather or not I want to grab it on this Promotional Sale that they are doing, since I've seen it on that price from the game's history. I KNOW I will play the game.

I just don't know WHEN I'll get to the game, because of my backlog of games.

User Info: Jelli

Jelli
2 years ago#2
Slime Rancher's definitely fun, and I'd say worth it at that price. I haven't played it with the 1.0 updates yet, though I have 34 hours logged and 54/57 achievements (2 were just added). Even at this point, there's still plenty of stuff that I've yet to do in-game, and they have a lot of new content planned.

It's really easy to spend hours wandering around the weird, vibrant world, while the farming side of things also makes it a great option for when you just want to kill a few minutes. The game's just a fun sandbox to mess with, too. Places with a variety of wild slimes can quickly transform into an insane Tarr infestation, keeping things exciting. There are a ton of odd gadgets you can create as well, plus decorations to customize your ranch (and entire game world). Its a solid value for how much playtime it offers.

The "end-game" (for lack of a better word, since you could just keep playing forever) does start to feel a bit grindy, though. Once you have a solid setup on your ranch, taking care of it can get a bit repetitive as you're saving up for upgrades / crafting. It looks like the planned 1.2.0 update will fix that a bit with drones, which seem nice. It'll also improve 5-day rush, a more challenging game mode. The upcoming Iron Rancher Mode looks crazy, too. The older achievement I'm missing is also grindy and luck-based atm, but will be easier in 1.0.1, which is probably when I'll get sucked in again. The developers are good at listening to the community and constantly making improvements, so even those issues should subside as they continue to add more. I'm looking forward to new areas to explore and slimes to catch in the coming months, though it's a worthwhile purchase as is.

User Info: Liger8188

Liger8188
2 years ago#3
I have a question about the 5 day rush achivements, does it have to be from the very start of the game rushing through it? Or is it just the amount of money earned in a 5 day period? I'm hoping for the later, since I'm focus too much on these things.
  1. Boards
  2. Slime Rancher
  3. Slime Rancher has left Early Access today, 33% sale until the 6th
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Hen hen breeding? General4 Answers
What are the big tubbo slimes? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
Where do I get slime keys from? Side Quest1 Answer