• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. GOTY!! Holy Moly

User Info: nelson_rylee

nelson_rylee
4 days ago#11
BigMeanMike posted...
Not sure why a game that is so exhilarating, has fans not playing the game....but instead coming here to post how amazing the game is, but with no details.

Sounds like bs

Some of us have jobs and cant play 24/7 lol. I'm at work now myself. I assume you don't have a job so you wouldn't understand that.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: ElBrutus

ElBrutus
4 days ago#12
dxb020100 posted...
PhoenixFire99 posted...
Honeymoon period.

He said he was 20 hours in. How in the heck is that a "honeymoon period?"

The game came out yesterday. That's still the honeymoon period. Give it a month and then we can say that the honeymoon period is over.
Top 5 jRPG's: Chrono Trigger (SNES), Grandia (PS1), Suikoden II (PS1), Dragon Quest V (SNES), Persona 5 (PS4)
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: sony_vaio

sony_vaio
4 days ago#13
velvet_hammer posted...
Experience of the year Holy s***. This game is blowing me away.

Everyone raves about the graphics, sound design, animations, and atmosphere but I'm loving the logistics gameplay.

Way more depth and threats than What I was lead to believe. Trying to make it to a safehouse loaded gear with BTs and Mules after your neck is exhilarating.

20 hours in keeps getting better
10/10

You get it. I’m glad I get it too. One of the best games I’ve ever played.

User Info: velvet_hammer

velvet_hammer
4 days ago#14
ElBrutus posted...
dxb020100 posted...
PhoenixFire99 posted...
Honeymoon period.

The game came out yesterday. That's still the honeymoon period. Give it a month and then we can say that the honeymoon period is over.

Next month is 2020. So my GOTY will still be DeathStranding
GT4 showing Forza how 2 pitstop ever since
GOTY GOW "We are Homo Ludens. We are those who play."

User Info: Cubezilla3

Cubezilla3
4 days ago#15
Any other year it would not be GOTY but tbh 2019 hasn't provided much competition in that regard unless some of the games released between now and Christmas really surprise everyone. Of all this years big games Death Stranding is the only one with any real degree of originality.

Looking at GamesRadars games of the month so far this year there really isn't much competition at all so far.
Resident Evil 2 was brilliant but it's a remake. Borderlands 3 is just more of the same from the previous games. Links Awakening is a remake. Mario Maker is great but doesn't really feel much like a game so much as a creative piece of software.

Of the upcoming releases that might win GOTY *maybe* Jedi: Fallen Order will prove to be more than the sum of it's parts or the revamped Pokemon will actually stand out from the rest of the franchise but I doubt it.
Not changing this sig until Chester FC return to the Football League
Started 19/10/2014

User Info: ElBrutus

ElBrutus
4 days ago#16
velvet_hammer posted...
ElBrutus posted...
dxb020100 posted...
PhoenixFire99 posted...
Honeymoon period.

Next month is 2020. So my GOTY will still be DeathStranding

It's November...

Plus forgetting everything else that came earlier this year is a text-book example how the honeymoon period affects people.
Top 5 jRPG's: Chrono Trigger (SNES), Grandia (PS1), Suikoden II (PS1), Dragon Quest V (SNES), Persona 5 (PS4)
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: BigMeanMike

BigMeanMike
4 days ago#17
nelson_rylee posted...
BigMeanMike posted...
Not sure why a game that is so exhilarating, has fans not playing the game....but instead coming here to post how amazing the game is, but with no details.

Sounds like bs

Some of us have jobs and cant play 24/7 lol. I'm at work now myself. I assume you don't have a job so you wouldn't understand that.

Have a better job than you. But since you make assumptions no wonder you have to work all the time....
My name is Mike and I'm Fat and Mean

User Info: QuietStorm323

QuietStorm323
4 days ago#18
It jumped ahead of A Plague Tale to be my GOTY.

User Info: nelson_rylee

nelson_rylee
4 days ago#19
BigMeanMike posted...
nelson_rylee posted...
BigMeanMike posted...

Sounds like bs

Have a better job than you. But since you make assumptions no wonder you have to work all the time....

Who is making assumptions? You do not know what I do or how much I work. I should probably stop feeding the troll but I find you amusing.

User Info: velvet_hammer

velvet_hammer
4 days ago#20
PhoenixFire99 posted...
Honeymoon period.

You don't even own the game so who gives a f*** what you have to say
GT4 showing Forza how 2 pitstop ever since
GOTY GOW "We are Homo Ludens. We are those who play."
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. GOTY!! Holy Moly
  • Post New Message