• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. It's Not Divisive, It's Just Trolling

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
1 week ago#1
Death Stranding is getting the opposite treatment of Days Gone. Days Gone launched with mixed critical response, and fans swept in to shower a mediocre game with mostly positive reviews. Death Stranding comes along to a mostly positive reviews from critics, and trolls flood it with low user scores despite not even touching the game.

Don't be ignorant. Play it or don't review it. Tbh, I kind of wish Metacritic and GameFAQs required trophy proof (just one would be enough) before allowing a review.

As it is, Metacritic and user scores in general are useless.
Norman Fetus

User Info: Secramor

Secramor
1 week ago#2
I think people should try for once to formulate their own opinion on a game and not look to others to see if they'd like it or not.

User Info: Cubezilla3

Cubezilla3
1 week ago#3
Never trust any user review that comes out in the first week or so of a games launch as unless it is a stupidly short game it has either been written by somebody who hasn't finished the game or who hasn't left his parents basement in days. In either case it's not somebody who you should trust a review from.

Whilst critics reviews are not the be all and end all of judging a games quality any avid gamer will have a few professional critics who they find share their taste in games and trust their reviews and that is all you need. Trusting the overall consensus of reviews when you have no basis on how the hive mind that formed than consensus relates with your own tastes is about as stupid a thing as you can do when deciding whether to buy a game.
Not changing this sig until Chester FC return to the Football League
Started 19/10/2014

User Info: justaguy3492

justaguy3492
1 week ago#4
Secramor posted...
I think people should try for once to formulate their own opinion on a game and not look to others to see if they'd like it or not.

Spending $60 to try it is silly. I'm watching a stream right now and it just looks like slowly walking from point A to point B while avoiding some stuff, falling down, and pissing. I'm sure the story is good, but from what I've seen the gameplay looks pretty bad.
Gt: justaguy3492

penaferus
1 week ago#5
justaguy3492 posted...
Secramor posted...

Spending $60 to try it is silly. I'm watching a stream right now and it just looks like slowly walking from point A to point B while avoiding some stuff, falling down, and pissing. I'm sure the story is good, but from what I've seen the gameplay looks pretty bad.

Actually, buying a new game at full price is the smartest way to test a game out. If you don't like it, you can sell it and get pretty much every dollar back.
Norman Fetus

User Info: OldKye

OldKye
1 week ago#6
I really liked Days Gone actually, and I really like Death Stranding.

Days Gone is actually one of the few games I've liked enough to platinum.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."

User Info: OmniChris

OmniChris
1 week ago#7
The positive reviews look like trolling at this point.. Despite them clearly stating it's a boring ass game, they're labeling it as some kind masterpiece. The negative reviews are just being honest.

User Info: troyboy81

troyboy81
1 week ago#8
days gone was awesome and so is this game.
GameFAQs aka ComplaintFAQs aka TrollFAQs

penaferus
1 week ago#9
OldKye posted...
I really liked Days Gone actually, and I really like Death Stranding.

Days Gone is actually one of the few games I've liked enough to platinum.

What puts me off about Days Gone is the main character kind of seems juvenile.
Norman Fetus

User Info: Cubezilla3

Cubezilla3
1 week ago#10
OmniChris posted...
The positive reviews look like trolling at this point.. Despite them clearly stating it's a boring ass game, they're labeling it as some kind masterpiece. The negative reviews are just being honest.

Think of it this way, some of the best films of all time are a bit dull too. Just because it is not an action heavy does not mean it is not enjoyable. The Revenant felt like it was about 50% long nice looking shots of scenery and a bloke walking through the wilderness. It still got great reviews from fans and critics alike and finally won DiCaprio an Oscar.

If you want an action heavy open world game play GTA, if you want a plot heavy RPG play The Witcher. This is neither of those games but is no worse (or better) for it.
Not changing this sig until Chester FC return to the Football League
Started 19/10/2014
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. It's Not Divisive, It's Just Trolling
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers