• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. Death Stranding is absolutely WONDERFUL, if you enjoy games like...

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
3 days ago#1
...Ico or Shadow of the Colossus and enjoy Kojima stories. This game is the best of all worlds. The gameplay is extremely unique and fun. It's not a mindless walking sim. It's not tedious at all. "Boring" is the dumbest description I've ever heard for this game. Slow and steady, but engaging...harrowing and enthralling, actually.

I am definitely in the 10/10 camp so far. Fantastic game. And I was a massive skeptic.
Norman Fetus

User Info: Twitchygwar

Twitchygwar
3 days ago#2
Careful, you’ll be labelled as a mindless fanboy with talk like that, but yeah, I’m really enjoying it too
Rebel without a clue

penaferus
3 days ago#3
Twitchygwar posted...
Careful, you’ll be labelled as a mindless fanboy with talk like that, but yeah, I’m really enjoying it too

That's why I noted I was a massive skeptic. I also hated MGSV, Peacewalker, etc. The last Kojima game I loved was MGS4.

This game is fantastic.
Norman Fetus

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
3 days ago#4
I enjoy SOTC but it’s nothing like this game. Don’t compare masterpieces to a mess like this game
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

penaferus
3 days ago#5
Yuri_LowelI posted...
I enjoy SOTC but it’s nothing like this game. Don’t compare masterpieces to a mess like this game

They have a lot in common. Both games have massive worlds that could be called empty or boring, but the attentive eye will see so much more.

Have you even played it?
Norman Fetus

Twitchygwar
3 days ago#6
penaferus posted...
Twitchygwar posted...

That's why I noted I was a massive skeptic. I also hated MGSV, Peacewalker, etc. The last Kojima game I loved was MGS4.

This game is fantastic.
Last one I really enjoyed was Twin Snakes so I’m with you on that one, liked mgs5 but kinda lost steam before I finished it, I’ll get to it one day lol, what is it you enjoy about ds? Just out of curiosity
Rebel without a clue

Twitchygwar
3 days ago#7
penaferus posted...
Yuri_LowelI posted...

They have a lot in common. Both games have massive worlds that could be called empty or boring, but the attentive eye will see so much more.

Have you even played it?

No, but he saw most of the cutscenes, and the ending....
Rebel without a clue

User Info: chtan01

chtan01
3 days ago#8
It just a matter of taste. Some likes action, some likes to be a food panda in post apocalypse world.
I want to a Jedi in Fallen Order.
SW-2086-0160-0548
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Zentity

Zentity
3 days ago#9
I completely agree with TC.. I'm a huge fan of unique games with abstract and creative worlds and stories. As a huge fan of film and art in general, I'd consider this one of the most beautiful games I've ever played so far. I'd completely understand people not being into it because it's not really like anything else out there and most people aren't into slow burn games nowadays. For me though.. loving it.

I've already found myself saying "oh my god" or "wow" a bunch of times already. Looking forward to sitting down and playing it into the early morning until I'm too tired to go on!

User Info: ZeroBlitz

ZeroBlitz
3 days ago#10
Yuri_LowelI posted...

You literally just said in another topic you have no interest in playing the game ever, and are only considering watching the cutscenes online if the story is interesting.

This kind of nonsensical presentation of opinion on something you've never played is stupid and basically trolling. Considering I'm playing tales of Vesperia right now it feels like you're doing yuri's name disservice honestly.
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. Death Stranding is absolutely WONDERFUL, if you enjoy games like...
  • Post New Message