• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. "Death Stranding: A reaction to 'Trump and Brexit'"

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#31
postcall posted...
I love how Kojima had mute naked woman roll in water for your entertainment in MGS V, but suddenly now he’s a feminist. The president is a woman and you as a man are a nobody who performs mundane tasks and carry a fetus.

Seems like Mr. kojima is trying the woke route to please his Hollywood masters as he is clearly trying to become a movie producer.

I don't know if Kojima really changed, though. I always got the impression that Kojima was a little more close to the center, but it's really easy for someone with Kojima's connections to get the wrong impressions. I feel like he's actually going to apologize for this one, and use the apology for the next game. Either that or he'll have a massive breakdown, 'cause he doesn't understand why his game ended up so divisive, when his goal was for the opposite effect. Most far-lefties know that the book he bought on Trump is not factual, and some have actually stood against it in principle. The "woke" crowd surrounding this game are likely to suddenly wake up for real. I think this game stirring anti-Kojima controversy is going to help him in the long run.

EDIT: To clarify: Kojima's a very down to earth guy who can garner respect from everyone below him, usually. This is going to put him in a weird place, and it'll be up to him how he comes out of this one.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: OldKye

OldKye
1 week ago#32
Kohlrak posted...
cause he doesn't understand why his game ended up so divisive

He understands, he kept it vauge for over a year of trailers, then let reviews out way early so no one could be ****** that they didn't know what it was.

He's hugging a body pillow of himself whispering what a good job he did, I doubt he's upset, likely loves the attention.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 week ago#33
OldKye posted...
postcall posted...
but suddenly now he’s a feminist.

He was trying to get all his favorite female actresses to do parts for him, it's not that surprising I know this joke is poor tastes but Harvey Weinstein says he's a feminist too.

The real Kojima still loves half naked women rolling in rain I'm sure.

I don't understand how liking the female body makes one sexist or not a feminist. It's not like women oogling at Captain America's biceps are sexist and don't respect men.
I like to go really fast
https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgDmMQGjEboTHyM/giphy.gif

Kohlrak
1 week ago#34
OldKye posted...
Kohlrak posted...
cause he doesn't understand why his game ended up so divisive

He understands, he kept it vauge for over a year of trailers, then let reviews out way early so no one could be ****** that they didn't know what it was.

He's hugging a body pillow of himself whispering what a good job he did, I doubt he's upset, likely loves the attention.

Nah, it's the gameplay he thought would be divisive. He's hiding the real gameplay, too. I have a feeling that after the "first 20 hours" bit is up, something drastic is going to change. Some of the reviewers might not have even gotten legit copies of the game. He's done that before with PT: it wasn't actually a demo for Silent Hills. he didn't make a game that would be beaten in 3 or 4 days. I think there will be combat, and proper combat. Mark my words, this is going to be one of those "everyone omes together and kills the big bad thing" feel good games.

Lienhart posted...
OldKye posted...
postcall posted...

He was trying to get all his favorite female actresses to do parts for him, it's not that surprising I know this joke is poor tastes but Harvey Weinstein says he's a feminist too.

I don't understand how liking the female body makes one sexist or not a feminist. It's not like women oogling at Captain America's biceps are sexist and don't respect men.

Same way that femminists were trying to get rid of the checkerflag girls and things like that. Sex-negative femminism is very, very alive today. Everyone's just too busy focusing on the trans-divide at the moment, though. Did you forget #gamergate and how games are "too sexy" and thus "objectifying women"?
(edited 1 week ago)

OldKye
1 week ago#35
Lienhart posted...
OldKye posted...
postcall posted...

I didn't say he's sexist, I said I don't believe he's some devout feminist, I think that's fair all things considered.

But acting like it helps getting all those Hollywood actors and actresses.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 week ago#36
I think any guy that respects women and doesn't hold a misgnoyistic view is a feminist.

e.g. any normal person.

Now if we're talking about the feminists that are trying to redefine the term via being sexist towards men.......that's a different story, no one should have that view lol (but yes I know ppl do.)
I like to go really fast
https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgDmMQGjEboTHyM/giphy.gif

Kohlrak
1 week ago#37
Lienhart posted...
I think any guy that respects women and doesn't hold a misgnoyistic view is a feminist.

e.g. any normal person.

Now if we're talking about the feminists that are trying to redefine the term via being sexist towards men.......that's a different story, no one should have that view lol (but yes I know ppl do.)

Guess what: the masses say that the mysandrists own the term. Thus, most women i've met find the term offensive.
(edited 1 week ago)

OldKye
1 week ago#38
Lienhart posted...

I honestly think any argument about this in and of it self tends to but chalked full of toxicity and misunderstanding.

When we tried to say men looking at a woman was misogynistic we are ignoring the definition of misogynist(hatred of women.)

I've never met a guy who owned a playboy and hated women, I've met gay men that hated women, like halve of the women I know vehemently hate women.

If you want my opinion most of the people who say they are feminists and tell women they should feel fearful and helpless and wait like a good girl for some politician to save them are real misogynists.
(edited 1 week ago)

Kohlrak
1 week ago#39
OldKye posted...
Lienhart posted...

I honestly think any argument about this in and of it self tends to but chalked full of toxicity and misunderstanding.

When we tried to say men looking at a woman was misogynistic we are ignoring the definition of misogynist(hatred of women.)

I've never met a guy who owned a playboy and hated women, I've met gay men that hated women, like halve of the women I know vehemently hate women.

If you want my opinion most of the people who say they are feminists and tell women they should feel fearful and helpless and wait like a good girl for some politician to save them are real misogynists.

Gillette, the best a man can be...

This is the stuff of entitelment, then they wonder why MGTOW is happening.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Mugendramon

Mugendramon
1 week ago#40
Lienhart posted...

e.g. any normal person.

The very purpose behind the creation of terms such as sexist/etc. is to attempt to make an accused individual quickly "hand over a whip" over to the accuser so that the accuser will then hold effective power over the individual being name called (regardless if the accused is being accurately described or not, which is ultimately unimportant).

As a consequence, these terms are inevitably meant to be used in bad faith to try to put political opponents on the defence without the need to utilize logical argumentation.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. "Death Stranding: A reaction to 'Trump and Brexit'"
  • Post New Message