• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. "Death Stranding: A reaction to 'Trump and Brexit'"

User Info: NEKORODEO

NEKORODEO
1 week ago#151
Did I really just read that Japan hasn’t apologized for their war crimes from nearly 80 years ago?

You know they have apologized MULTIPLE times throughout the years right? Just because nations like China or Korea don’t “accept” the apologies didn’t mean they didn’t occur.

Even if you didn’t know this already, a simple google search would have told you this.
Shimpaimuyou

User Info: Brutal_Water

Brutal_Water
1 week ago#152
*comes into topic and reads Kojima's quote about building bridges instead of walls*

*reads on and notices people arguing over politics*

I guess you failed, Kojima.
[blank]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpopfkiqO5Q

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
1 week ago#153
GreenKnight127 posted...
Kohlrak posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...
The President of the United States is allowed to defend America's borders.

When will people grasp that simple concept?

They do, that's the problem. What they don't understand is that things don't just magically bend to their will like they do in their post-modernist imaginations of simply believing something is a certain way to make it true.

I don't think they are grasping the concept at all.

They hear that Trump wants to build a wall, and they immediately start claiming he's racist, a Nazi, building "concentration camps" etc.

Like he simply isn't allowed to prevent anyone from walking into this country illegally.

That he's some kind of monster that wants to divide and destroy this world.

Is this a serious post? If you support Trump, you have an AWFUL judge of character. And you probably don’t know **** and are gobbling up right wing propaganda.

The amount of people on here that unironically use “SJW” is astounding. Incels
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: Bookboy2273

Bookboy2273
1 week ago#154
nope not touching this thread. you have been programmed since you were 5 and everything you have learned is a lie and that includes the government and religion. did you hate when you were 5 no, but now you do, who did you let control your mind, get woke!

User Info: KamenRiderGekko

KamenRiderGekko
1 week ago#155
The guy has always put strong women in games.

Just having a female president doesn't make him a feminist. Hell they had to beg the main character to embark on this journey
"Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza"

User Info: Mugendramon

Mugendramon
1 week ago#156
Funcoland posted...
It's hard to compare Che's murders to the murders of other communist regimes, let alone the Nazis. Like I said, he wasn't a good man, but there are degrees of evil. But compared to what other regimes were doing (including, yes regimes he gave his vocal support to) at the time, or even the CIA was doing? Yeah. He's fairly low level.

Again, your posts aren't disagreeing with the fact that Che Guevara was a mass-murdering communist terrorist and attempting to relativize Guevara's ideologically-motivated serial killing realities by saying there were other regimes with higher bodycounts isn't doing you any favours.

Ultimately what you are arguing for is in defence of that totalitarian mass murderer, "the dudes Che snuffed had it coming!" isn't especially reassuring... Incidentally, it should also be noted that Che Guevara was closely affiliated to Mao's China and it's ideology, which just so happens to be the most lethal strand of communism to exist.

People are free to be upset.

Not under Che "The Butcher of La Cabana" Guevara's watch they weren't, lol. Unless "people" agreed with him that is, then it's fresh. If they didn't then they'd better shush if they happened to deviate from that totalitarian's political whims too much, unless they wanted to take a forced labour camp vacation or worse, that is.

Most media hates him [Guevara].

But the composer of Dragon Quest flat out denies Japanese war crimes so it ain't that far from that. He's still got a job. And people on GameFAQs still defend him.

Actually the mass media is an instrumental tool in bringing a cult of personality to life and Guevara's cult of personality propaganda fomentation was so effective to the point his photo even became one of the world's most famous photos in existence, a spectacular display of the media's sheer capability to mould the minds of the masses of proles but there's a caveat:

While the mass media can glamourize and instigate the deeply misguided worship of a communist mass murdering terrorist, it can and just as easily simultaneously do the opposite by attempting to destroy the public image of those the mass media owners truly see as inconvenient obstacles at a point in time, such as for example by also leading many to simultaneously shout "orange man/Brexit bad!", even if the receptacle of the propaganda is as far away as in Japan.

However by all means let's take a deeper look and look for evidence of mass media reporting bias:

- Even though the Dragon Quest's composer is far less publicly known than Hideo Kojima (especially overseas), it's curious that political "controversy" does still exist on the DQ fellow and is even easy to find, including various instances of international media condemning him in English, even;

- With Hideo Kojima being a far more publicly well known figure than the DQ guy, assuming the mass media truly hates Che Guevara as you claim then it shouldn't be too difficult to find articles similarly condemning Kojima for revering the popular terrorist Guevara... but nope, no articles in the media could be found... strange!

- OK so let's give it another shot: With Death Stranding's absolutely luxurious marketing campaign and even articles outlining Kojima's criticisms of Trump/Brexit before the game's release it should be easier to find mass media condemnation of that comrade Kojima's picture with his murderous idol, a photo that was released ~one week before the game's release, since I imagine there would be quite a few people overseas who'd be probably interested in that information... except that at the time of writing there are no such mentions outside of some lefties on Reddit (e.g., with a post's suggestive title "The newest enemy of the right"), etc.

To quote Psycho Mantis: [media] "Blackout!". Looks like Kojima may be politically closer to the mass media than you previously believed.

User Info: Mugendramon

Mugendramon
1 week ago#157
Funcoland posted...
I don't know. If nukes went off, I'd blame whoever decided to put nukes in Turkey, which apparently even Kennedy wasn't aware of... And that's what started it.

Reminder that my argument regarding Guevara nearly instigating a nuclear apocalypse still stands; my argument wasn't that he single-handedly caused the Cuban Missile Crisis (for example his buddy Fidel Castro certainly also had quite a bit of "nuclear angst" of his own as well, to say the least).

But if you are curious, the Soviets did stood much more to gain by installing missiles in Cuba than the US had to gain by installing some nearly-obsolete Jupiter missiles in Turkey:

The US had a vastly superior nuclear arsenal than the Soviets at the time, for example by having far more Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs) at their disposal while the Soviets would stand enormously to gain by having nuclear missiles in Cuba because they would then have enough range to cover the great majority of the American nuclear bombers' bases (with the US also having vastly more of such strategic aircraft by comparison to the Soviets), so the preposition to install such Soviet missiles in Cuba was in reality vastly disproportional, especially if one's concerns are the then obsolescent US missiles in Turkey, the Soviet top brass thought they could exploit Kennedy's reticence.

KamenRiderGekko posted...
The guy has always put strong women in games.

Just having a female president doesn't make him a feminist. Hell they had to beg the main character to embark on this journey

In Kojima's Metal Gear Solid 2 Grand Game Plan (01/08/99) the following was said:
Having an iconic female character (Fortune), like in the previous game, as well as an ordinary woman involved with the main character, will add both a realistic and romantic element to the game.

‘The 21st century will be the age of women, when women will protect men’

https://archive.ph/UXU5Z#selection-1683.0-1683.5

Notably, in the following rather wokey discussion, Kojima also exalted strong independent women who don't need no man while criticizing traditional princess portrayals:
The film [Star Wars: The Last Jedi] doesn't waste its breath on bold revolutionary or political declarations, but instead sets its gaze upon social problems the audience experiences on a daily basis. Women are not princesses waiting to be rescued, but warriors who take up arms in their own fight. This fits the trend of Disney movies as well, where the once common theme of a princess waiting for her prince has all but become the ancient past.

https://archive.ph/NAbdg#selection-2374.0-2374.3

This is one of those well documented cases when we see how leftist politically correct dogmas affect and infiltrate game development, just the tip of the iceberg of what's to come.

User Info: KarasuShiro

KarasuShiro
1 week ago#158
postcall posted...
I love how Kojima had mute naked woman roll in water for your entertainment in MGS V, but suddenly now he’s a feminist. The president is a woman and you as a man are a nobody who performs mundane tasks and carry a fetus.

Seems like Mr. kojima is trying the woke route to please his Hollywood masters as he is clearly trying to become a movie producer.

And yet we have mama s....y know. I dont see ds as a feminist game, the female president thing has been done in others medias so nothing new here and there are female porters in tjz game symbolizaed by fragile (that i find hard to appreviate bc lea seydoux isnt a good actress buts thats personal)

So no, i dont find this game feminist. for once i dont see that kind of disgusting agenda and thats fine by me.

Also fk trump and remeber usa war crimes like hiroshima and nagasaki (that they never apologized for btw and dont give me the pearl.harbour argumznt it was.a.military base not a mere outfit near civilians) as far as im concerned america beinthe o ly country to have used.nukes on ppl is the biggest bad of the two.
Lets burn all SJW's!
The 2nd JUDGE of the Dissidia Wars.

User Info: Pinochet89

Pinochet89
1 week ago#159
Funcoland posted...
But he also didn't target and murder random civilians like people like to pretend.

I'm a latino and if you really think this is the truth then you know nothing about Che. That guy was truly a psychopath and I'm sure he is burning in hell for his many crimes, including murdering kids in front of their mothers.

User Info: KarasuShiro

KarasuShiro
1 week ago#160
Pinochet89 posted...
Funcoland posted...
But he also didn't target and murder random civilians like people like to pretend.

I'm a latino and if you really think this is the truth then you know nothing about Che. That guy was truly a psychopath and I'm sure he is burning in hell for his many crimes, including murdering kids in front of their mothers.

Che must be deleted from history or at least finaly recognized as as psycho
Lets burn all SJW's!
The 2nd JUDGE of the Dissidia Wars.
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. "Death Stranding: A reaction to 'Trump and Brexit'"
  • Topic Archived