• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. "Death Stranding: A reaction to 'Trump and Brexit'"

User Info: copenhagenLongC

copenhagenLongC
1 week ago#141
achilles18241 posted...
That’s rich coming from Kojima, he lives on an island so no walls required. Japan is one of the most hyper nationalistic\isolationist countries on Earth. Completely homogenous as well. The largest US demographic is barely half the country whereas Japan is like 99% Japanese.

WELL SAID. Exactly what I have been thinking. And his attempt to stop the inevitable rise of National populism in America and Britain and Europe(and other FOREIGN COUNTRIES from Kojimas perspective) is not just deluded and completely out of line, but its basically the same thing as trying to influence future US elections; imagine if ANY ONE OF US did something to try and directly influence the JAPANESE elections lol.

achilles18241 posted...
Let’s let Japan take in half the third world, right after apologizing for Nanking and other war crimes. I love all things Japan but can’t stand hypocrisy.

And it better be in his next f***ing game too, and FOCUS ON JAPANESE WAR CRIMES and various other evil s*** Japan has done BEFORE YOU START FOCUSING ON THE SINS OF OTHER COUNTRIES ESPECIALLY COUNTRIES YOU ARENT EVEN REMOTELY RELATED TO IN ANY f***ING WAY, LIKE AMERICA AND BRITAIN AND EUROPE AND SO FORTH. The hypocrisy makes me physically ill. These people are unbearable, soyboys like kojima.
Hell has open borders.
Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy.

User Info: copenhagenLongC

copenhagenLongC
1 week ago#142
Mugendramon posted...

Yes, you are correct that even since the MGS1 era (late 90's) Kojima was by that time indeed already far from being the biggest fan of the US, to say the least, as demonstrated in the MGS2 Grand Game Plan dated 01/08/99; for example with the Chinaman character's discrimination angle and a likely reference to the Vietnam War, etc.:
"Chinaman Member of Dead Cell. Practices qigong and kung fu. Vietnamese. Abducted in Hanoi by a black market adoption agency, he was sold to a buyer in America. After arriving in New York, he became the subject of discrimination, and, running away from his foster parents, went to the city’s Chinatown. Boasts that he is ‘more Chinese than the Chinese’, he hates America and New York City with a passion, thus leading to his participation in terrorism."

https://archive.ph/UXU5Z#selection-8683.0-8683.8

Although not many are aware of this, several more... potentially controversial insinuations were indeed "sanitized" from the early Japanese screenplay compared to the MGS2's final release version, of particular interest (the direct translations are bolded while the non bolded are what the MGS2 translator/localizer Agness Kaku provided):
Another thing, avoid fighting as much as possible, The goal is to collect evidence of new Metal Gear development and publicize it. It would be the best if you could escape without being discovered.
The mission objective is to make visual confirmation of the new Metal Gear being transported by that tanker and bring back photographic evidence. No destruction, please. Got it?

I know that. We're not terrorists.
Don't worry. I know the drill -- we're not terrorists.

That's right. We are an anti-Metal gear foundation "Philanthropy". We're registered with the U.N. as an NGO.
Very good. We're a 100% UN-recognized 'Opposition to Metal Gear' aka OMEGA. Don't you forget that you're a part of an NGO and can chew granola with the best of them.

Well, we're certainly a radical presence among NGOs.
Recognized, but still fringe, Otakon.

https://archive.ph/Ch7a9#selection-718.0-718.3

On it's own, the "radical" bit about Philanthropy doesn't seem especially suspicious... except that in the Grand Game Plan Solid Snake was being intended to be an agent for good'ol communist China:
https://archive.ph/UXU5Z#selection-11752.0-11752.1

Back to current day; the Kojima photo with his Che Guevara idol, the mass-murdering communist terrorist who nearly instigated a nuclear apocalypse raises some curious questions: Che Guevara was himself a huge fan of Mao Zedong and Maoism; it's possible that as early as MGS2 Kojima might've been having the idea of subverting Solid Snake by making him a Che expy, much like Kojima would later do with the Big Boss - Che Guevara parallelisms as made in MGS: Peace Woker.

https://twitter.com/Kaizerkunkun/status/1190763430497542144

My GOD. I dont even gotta say anything. You said it all brother. Kojima damned himself, proved what a marxist communist elitist prick that lives in a bubble that he is. Great, informative post. This makes me dislike Kojima even more, and some things that bothered me about him now become clear. And its obvious these hollywood people fed into this HEAVILY - as they do. Gives me the creeps, cant stand this guy anymore.
Hell has open borders.
Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy.

User Info: Funcoland

Funcoland
1 week ago#143
copenhagenLongC posted...
. And its obvious these hollywood people fed into this HEAVILY - as they do. Gives me the creeps, cant stand this guy anymore.

I'm pretty sure if Hollywood fed into him, he'd think the American military is objectively good (which he doesn't). Have you seen a movie, like... Ever? The vast majority get government cash for positive portrayal.
NNID: MisterNoOne | PSN: The_Mistled

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#144
Funcoland posted...
. And its obvious these hollywood people fed into this HEAVILY - as they do. Gives me the creeps, cant stand this guy anymore.

I'm pretty sure if Hollywood fed into him, he'd think the American military is objectively good (which he doesn't). Have you seen a movie, like... Ever? The vast majority get government cash for positive portrayal.

Have you ever seen a movie? With rare exceptions, the military is always portrayed as bumbling and incompetent, to the degree that if a giant monster or something is heading right for them and their ARs aren't affecting it, they just sit there and continue firing.

User Info: yungmiggs

yungmiggs
1 week ago#145
Kohlrak posted...
Funcoland posted...

Have you ever seen a movie? With rare exceptions, the military is always portrayed as bumbling and incompetent, to the degree that if a giant monster or something is heading right for them and their ARs aren't affecting it, they just sit there and continue firing.

Stop watching sci-fi movies like Godzilla and predator and watch more believable movies like jarhead,the kingdom,american sniper and many many more.

User Info: Mugendramon

Mugendramon
1 week ago#146
Funcoland posted...
The effort to push Che Guevara's cult of personality is largely a product of Communist propaganda.

Fixed that for you and the efforts as described above were extremely effective even to this day as we can see...

That's not to say he's a hero. But when you actually do research on him, things are a lot more complicated. He was a violent revolutionary, yes, and he had no qualms with killing people who betrayed the revolution... But he also didn't target and murder random civilians like people like to pretend. He executed former revolutionaries, soldiers loyal to the enemy, etc. He was a bad man, but like most bad men in history, things aren't as black and white.

A mass-murdering communist terrorist, yes.

When you do even more research you'll find that an extensive amount of literature on Che Guevara, as well as with countless other communist divas, is ridiculously whitewashed and romanticized hagiographic crap if not outright revisionist in countless instances in that, just like with Orwellian memory holes or the population of a Soviet concentration camp, curiously predominantly results in the disappearance of far less glamorous facts that are rather inconvenient to be distributed to the otherwise perfectly brainwashable masses of well-meaning proles.

The portion of your paragraph that's in my second quote above is fascinating because when you think about it it can be used to defend virtually anyone or anything by simply altering a few words here and there whilst preserving the same core argument; it can be even readily used in the defence of Nazi figures, ironically enough - you see, the Nazis also didn't go after "random civilians"... and also creates an interesting thought exercise:

Rather than an obscure photo with a small exposure that it is, I wonder how would the mass media react if it was a photo of an Axis powers political figure in the place of Che "beloved monster" Guevara's portrait in that comrade Kojima photo... Golly gee! Can you imagine the backlash? "No place for Hideo" indeed, lol.

But it's fine since the great majority of those in media positions apparently have a hard-on for Che completely independent of the horrors he committed, 2 + 2 = 5.

It's also a bit of a stench to blame him for the Cuban Missile Crisis. He played a part, but was ultimately dick-waving from Russia and America... And we're not entirely blameless. If we didn't install nukes in turkey, aiming them at Russia, it's something that never would have happened.

Putting it simply, if the lunatic totalitarian had had his way you wouldn't be reading this message. It was ultimately for the best that many other people were involved during that grave incident, as that at least raised the chances for other far more rational and thoughtful individuals to step in and prevent the worst:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-should-che-be-an-icon-no-394336.html

Heroic interventions of truly great individuals such as Vasily Arkhipov, a Soviet submarine officer who managed to de-escalate the situation aboard his sub, preventing the firing of a nuclear torpedo at the US Navy, was what stood between nuclear apocalypse and even then it was still due to much luck due to various reasons.

Instead of praising or defending a bloodthirsty mass murderer such as Che Guevara, such efforts should instead be redirected towards someone such as Vasily Arkhipov, with the latter being an actual hero, someone truly worthy of praise and attention despite being far less publicized.

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#147
yungmiggs posted...
Kohlrak posted...
Funcoland posted...

Stop watching sci-fi movies like Godzilla and predator and watch more believable movies like jarhead,the kingdom,american sniper and many many more.

American Sniper - Clint Eastwood was the director. Eastwood hasn't been mainstream ever since he came out of the closet as a republican.

Jarhead - Never seen it, so i can't say how positive it was, but i will point out that Sam Mendes (director) has had a really short career in comparison ot your usual hollywood types.

I'd have to actually see The Kingdom to get my own view of the military on it, but it's director has actually had a nice long career, so it's your best argument.

Saving Private Ryan and Full Metal Jacket are considered the most accurate and positive films. You'll notice they're the ones most regularly watched by vets, and you'll notice the latter of which has trouble being positive. Only saw bits and pieces of the former.

But let's be honest, here: are these even the majority?

User Info: Funcoland

Funcoland
1 week ago#148
Mugendramon posted...

When you do even more research you'll find that an extensive amount of literature on Che Guevara, as well as with countless other communist divas, is ridiculously whitewashed and romanticized hagiographic crap if not outright revisionist in countless instances in that, just like with Orwellian memory holes or the population of a Soviet concentration camp, curiously predominantly results in the disappearance of far less glamorous facts that are rather inconvenient to be distributed to the otherwise perfectly brainwashable masses of well-meaning proles.

The portion of your paragraph that's in my second quote above is fascinating because when you think about it it can be used to defend virtually anyone or anything by simply altering a few words here and there whilst preserving the same core argument; it can be even readily used in the defence of Nazi figures, ironically enough - you see, the Nazis also didn't go after "random civilians"... and also creates an interesting thought exercise:

It's hard to compare Che's murders to the murders of other communist regimes, let alone the Nazis. Like I said, he wasn't a good man, but there are degrees of evil. But compared to what other regimes were doing (including, yes regimes he gave his vocal support to) at the time, or even the CIA was doing? Yeah. He's fairly low level.

Rather than an obscure photo with a small exposure that it is, I wonder how would the mass media react if it was a photo of an Axis powers political figure in the place of Che "beloved monster" Guevara's portrait in that comrade Kojima photo... Golly gee! Can you imagine the backlash? "No place for Hideo" indeed, lol.

People are free to be upset.

But the composer of Dragon Quest flat out denies Japanese war crimes so it ain't that far from that. He's still got a job. And people on GameFAQs still defend him.

But it's fine since the great majority of those in media positions apparently have a hard-on for Che completely independent of the horrors he committed, 2 + 2 = 5.

Most media hates him.

Putting it simply, if the lunatic totalitarian had had his way you wouldn't be reading this message. It was ultimately for the best that many other people were involved during that grave incident, as that at least raised the chances for other far more rational and thoughtful individuals to step in and prevent the worst:

I don't know. If nukes went off, I'd blame whoever decided to put nukes in Turkey, which apparently even Kennedy wasn't aware of... And that's what started it.
NNID: MisterNoOne | PSN: The_Mistled

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
1 week ago#149
ShadowDarkstar posted...
England was founded in 927.

The European Union was formed in 1993.

So England was able to exist 1,066 years without the EU. England can last without the EU for another 1000 years.

Every country, everyone, has a right to choose their own independence and the course they want to pursue. No Government has the right to impose their rules to the contrary.

Oh ffs again Britain is not just England it’s made up of four countries.

England.
Scotland.
Wales.
Northern Ireland.

@ShadowDarkstar

Britain is not just another word for England.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
1 week ago#150
achilles18241 posted...
That’s rich coming from Kojima, he lives on an island so no walls required. Japan is one of the most hyper nationalistic\isolationist countries on Earth. Completely homogenous as well. The largest US demographic is barely half the country whereas Japan is like 99% Japanese.

WELL SAID. Exactly what I have been thinking. And his attempt to stop the inevitable rise of National populism in America and Britain and Europe(and other FOREIGN COUNTRIES from Kojimas perspective) is not just deluded and completely out of line, but its basically the same thing as trying to influence future US elections; imagine if ANY ONE OF US did something to try and directly influence the JAPANESE elections lol.

achilles18241 posted...
Let’s let Japan take in half the third world, right after apologizing for Nanking and other war crimes. I love all things Japan but can’t stand hypocrisy.

And it better be in his next f***ing game too, and FOCUS ON JAPANESE WAR CRIMES and various other evil s*** Japan has done BEFORE YOU START FOCUSING ON THE SINS OF OTHER COUNTRIES ESPECIALLY COUNTRIES YOU ARENT EVEN REMOTELY RELATED TO IN ANY f***ING WAY, LIKE AMERICA AND BRITAIN AND EUROPE AND SO FORTH. The hypocrisy makes me physically ill. These people are unbearable, soyboys like kojima.

Because the US has never committed war crimes right?
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. "Death Stranding: A reaction to 'Trump and Brexit'"
  • Topic Archived