• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. "Death Stranding: A reaction to 'Trump and Brexit'"

User Info: GLAMPIRE

GLAMPIRE
1 week ago#11
WiiareVenom posted...
TaKun782 posted...
What the hell is this "Brexit" I keep hearing about?

England wants to leave the European Union.

No. The UK. Not just England. England isn't the whole of the UK.
PSN ID Deadbeat_Romeo
Gamertag Deadbeat Romeo

User Info: OldKye

OldKye
1 week ago#12
GLAMPIRE posted...
WiiareVenom posted...
TaKun782 posted...

No. The UK. Not just England. England isn't the whole of the UK.

Not with that attitude it won't be, no wonder the Scottish beat you so badly, maybe it's time for whales to step up and show you all how it's done. I'm purely joking no one expects anything from the Welsh. *Cough*
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."
England was founded in 927.

The European Union was formed in 1993.

So England was able to exist 1,066 years without the EU. England can last without the EU for another 1000 years.

Every country, everyone, has a right to choose their own independence and the course they want to pursue. No Government has the right to impose their rules to the contrary.

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
1 week ago#14
WiiareVenom posted...
TaKun782 posted...

Some people in the UK want to leave the EU.
Playing:
PS4: Castlevania Requiem. N.Switch: Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3. 3DS: Pokemon Moon. Mobile: Dragon Quest III

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
1 week ago#15
TaKun782 posted...

Its a combination of Britain, Exit, and s***
"While you were wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I was systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!" -The Monarch
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#16
ShadowDarkstar posted...
England was founded in 927.

The European Union was formed in 1993.

So England was able to exist 1,066 years without the EU. England can last without the EU for another 1000 years.

Every country, everyone, has a right to choose their own independence and the course they want to pursue. No Government has the right to impose their rules to the contrary.

I'm sorry, you haven't been informed. To succeed from the union is to acquire the ire of Angela "Honest Ang" Merkel.

User Info: Mugendramon

Mugendramon
1 week ago#17
WiiareVenom posted...
But in game informer, Kojima said he isn't saying if connections are actually a good thing or bad thing, it is up to the player to decide. I am not sure he joined Skullface just yet.

Sam, played by The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus, has a long journey in front of him full of twists and turns.

His job, or rather your job as the player in control of him, is to deliver messages and connect the world.

Connection is the central theme of acclaimed game designer Hideo Kojima's latest work, Death Stranding.

"The era of today is about individualism," he tells Radio 1 Newsbeat at his Tokyo studio.

Something that became clear is how much its creator wants the game to carry a message about modern society.

"When we're connected we have a responsibility over each other. But social media doesn't seem to have that responsibility, for example.

"Caring for each other is what makes people feel good. We've always been like that in the past.

"I want people to remember that and feel it in my game."

But connecting gamers is not as simple as it sounds. Gaming communities have been dogged by claims of toxic behaviour by some players for a number of years.

Some games developers, like Kojima and others, have been working on a way to solve this in recent years.

Kojima's solution is for his game to offer only positive exchanges.

"You interact with other players by giving thumbs up or likes, there is no way to interact negatively," he explains.

"Pretty soon in the game you start receiving worldwide thanks for laying items for other players to use.

"You'll start thinking about others when you play and how you might be able to help them."

During our time at the studio it was clear to see the influence Kojima has on all aspects on the title: from coming up with the concept and tweaking game play to directing actors and personally editing the game's trailers.

Make no mistake, this is a title shaped by one man's vision - a very different approach to how many other major games are being made, where tasks like making trailers and developing merchandise are often outsourced to other companies.

“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother”

― George Orwell, 1984

User Info: Waldie1877

Waldie1877
1 week ago#18
ssj_duelist posted...
WiiareVenom posted...
TaKun782 posted...

Some people in the UK want to leave the EU.

And those people won a referendum to leave, three years ago, yet they have been repeatedly denied it, because democracy is a sham.
The President of the United States is allowed to defend America's borders.

When will people grasp that simple concept?
Press X to jump. Press X again to double jump. Hold X to glide.

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#20
GreenKnight127 posted...
The President of the United States is allowed to defend America's borders.

When will people grasp that simple concept?

They do, that's the problem. What they don't understand is that things don't just magically bend to their will like they do in their post-modernist imaginations of simply believing something is a certain way to make it true.
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. "Death Stranding: A reaction to 'Trump and Brexit'"
  • Post New Message