• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. "Death Stranding: A reaction to 'Trump and Brexit'"

User Info: Mugendramon

Mugendramon
1 week ago#1
“We may be connected through the internet more than ever, but what’s happening is that people are attacking each other because we’re so connected,” Kojima tells Powell, in his interview.

He also goes on to use the current political state of the UK and US as examples of breaking connections. “President Trump right now is building a wall. Then you have Brexit, where the UK is trying to leave, there are lots of walls and people thinking only about themselves in the world.”

“In this game we use bridges to connect things but destroying those bridges can instantly turn them into walls. So bridges and walls are almost synonymous. That’s one of the things I’d like the players to think about in the game.”

“After spending dozens of hours in the game you will come back to reality in the end. When you do, I want you to use what you learned in the game. Connecting is one of those things.”

Death Stranding: brought to you by the La-li-lu-le-lo.

User Info: IIINCORRUPTIBLE

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
1 week ago#2
^---Let's just say that Mr. Kojima has been known to do a little flip flopping on storylines, so I would expect nothing less if he were to learn stone cold facts regarding Trump and the Republican policies...
Injustice #1 Rank/PVZ Garden Warfare 2 #1 Rank/Gears of War 2 #1 Rank/17 Time Oddworld #1 Rank/MGS5 FOB #1 Rank/PVZ2 Multi #1 Rank/ 12 TIME WORLD RECORD HOLDER

User Info: Waldie1877

Waldie1877
1 week ago#3
Interesting sales technique.

I like the part about destroying bridges to create instant walls though, how will that work?

User Info: TaKun782

TaKun782
1 week ago#4
What the hell is this "Brexit" I keep hearing about?

User Info: WiiareVenom

WiiareVenom
1 week ago#5
TaKun782 posted...

England wants to leave the European Union.
I was summoned to the future by the last of mankind, to defend them in their hour of need. But my old enemy, Skeletor, followed me....

User Info: WiiareVenom

WiiareVenom
1 week ago#6
But in game informer, Kojima said he isn't saying if connections are actually a good thing or bad thing, it is up to the player to decide. I am not sure he joined Skullface just yet.
I was summoned to the future by the last of mankind, to defend them in their hour of need. But my old enemy, Skeletor, followed me....

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#7
WiiareVenom posted...
TaKun782 posted...

England wants to succeed from the United States of Europe.

FTFY

IIINCORRUPTIBLE posted...
^---Let's just say that Mr. Kojima has been known to do a little flip flopping on storylines, so I would expect nothing less if he were to learn stone cold facts regarding Trump and the Republican policies...

Look at his cast for this game. Look at the memes this game is already starting, from Normon Reedus giving birth to Norman Fetus, etc. And the, most importantly, look at this:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/969549170578083840

That isn't just any book, that's the book that even the hard left calls tabloid. The only thing that book is known for is the controversy, since Trump tried to sue it into oblivion, and failed. But, hey, Streisand effect, 'cause the sequel barely even has a wikipedia page.

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
1 week ago#8
Funny. Game seems more like a reaction to his firing at Konami.
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
1 week ago#9
Yuri_LowelI posted...

And when it flops, Konami's going to look like the good guys, which is a real shame.

User Info: COKindBud

COKindBud
1 week ago#10
Kohlrak posted...
Yuri_LowelI posted...

And when it flops, Konami's going to look like the good guys, which is a real shame.

No it won't, and no they won't.
It's not the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in.
PSN: MileHighKind
  1. Boards
  2. Death Stranding
  3. "Death Stranding: A reaction to 'Trump and Brexit'"
  • Topic Archived