• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: P_angelo

P_angelo
2 months ago#1
Seems both have English releases now and they look the same apart from the timelines and gundams.

Also, are late stage gundams than the early ones you get? Like at level 99, is the OC Gundam weaker than ZZ Gundam?

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
2 months ago#2
cross ray is a much better game but if you like UC get genesis

Uru_Zeph : I bet even Barbara could get enough dps to clear it if you built her for damage, lol.

User Info: Taters660

Taters660
2 months ago#3
Its a combination of which gundam series you like more and how the games play out. Cross rays features 4 different universes of gundam designs that each have their own campaigns. I personally prefer Genesis due to it being one connected universe and it being the UC. The other reason is how unit scaling works. In Cross Rays, since every universe is different, when you finish let’s say, the gundam wing campaigns and go into SEED, the power of the enemy mechs scales down back to playing a starting stage. In Genesis as you progress through campaigns, as time passes enemy mechs scale up due to tech advancements in the UC and have a continuous power scaling throughout the entire game.

And yes, the ZZ gundam would be strong than the oc gundam at level 99, the ZZ has higher base stats and they both earn the same amount of points thru level up.

User Info: P_angelo

P_angelo
2 months ago#4
Taters660 posted...
Its a combination of which gundam series you like more and how the games play out. Cross rays features 4 different universes of gundam designs that each have their own campaigns. I personally prefer Genesis due to it being one connected universe and it being the UC. The other reason is how unit scaling works. In Cross Rays, since every universe is different, when you finish let’s say, the gundam wing campaigns and go into SEED, the power of the enemy mechs scales down back to playing a starting stage. In Genesis as you progress through campaigns, as time passes enemy mechs scale up due to tech advancements in the UC and have a continuous power scaling throughout the entire game.

And yes, the ZZ gundam would be strong than the oc gundam at level 99, the ZZ has higher base stats and they both earn the same amount of points thru level up.

I got both and enjoyed Genesis more despite liking the CE universe, the reason being I got bored playing the stages since I already knew what is going to happen. Haven't watched UC Gundam series so it was a breath if fresh air for me.

If enemies do not scale and reverts back to low levels when you start a new story, how do you play the game?

Having finished one story arc med me feel OP after cinstantly upgrading my gundams

User Info: Taters660

Taters660
2 months ago#5
Just raising the difficulty helps keep a challenge, especially from normal to hard. Enemies on hard mode not only have higher pilot and mech stats, but also frequently use support attacks against you, which usually means instant destruction to low level mechs. On the plus side, you would get more exp and funds this way.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A