• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Taters660

Taters660
1 year ago#1
So, I really love this game. Did everything, got the platinum trophy, the works. But I keep finding myself coming back to the game for more. One thing I have a problem with is that it’s a little too easy. Jumping straight into hard mode is a tad frustrating when all it does is boost enemy stats and allows them to support and it’s way too overwhelming with what you start with (minus dlc). So, what I decided on doing is more like an Ironman run of the game. So far I’ve put these rules in place:

-sell all dlc mechs at the start and repurchase/sell mechs to get back down to the starting capital (50k)
-stages can only be played once, no grinding, no repeats to get missed quests
-any mechs lost in combat are lost for good, no reloading to save the unit
-starting on normal, but will bump to hard once unit development is stronger, once difficulty is raised, it can’t be lowered.
-and of course, being an Ironman run if I get a single game over, the run ends.

So far its been pretty fun. Finished tragedy of jaburo by the skin of my teeth. Usually I would of bought another land warship to help deal with the massive wave of units the enemy throws at you, but was able to knock it out with just carry base, a Phoenix gundam, a core fighter, and 3 Zakus.

I know this board is pretty dead but if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to share them. I thought of maybe not being able to produce mechs and just use captures as a rule but that’s pretty rough.

User Info: TrymV1

TrymV1
1 year ago#2
Bit late to reply but a few things I'd likely do:

1) Run in 'chronological order' because otherwise you run into absolute early nightmares like MSG's A Baoa Qu, while much easier stages still exist to get some early juice from.

2a) Unlock the bigger hangar optional part (forget name off-hand) from MS Igloo 1, save-scumming if you have to. Since items are random unlocks via quest you could literally do an entire play-through with less suits, and more suits lets you hop into Hard earlier anyway.

2b) Unlock a Salamis/Musai and Little Tray with the money from selling DLC suits. Use them as team 2 ships. My alt is just using Salamis/L.Tray and Musai/Gaw and ditching the Carry Base.

You'll basically never get a Pegasus class unless you sacrifice your team exp to get White Base vs Garma, and getting 400k for White Base/Zanzibar/Blanc Rival is one of those 'good luck trying to jump to Hard with no income' scenarios.

There are some other things I could suggest but they're more 'challenge run' than Ironman (like no Masters, only one Gundam allowed, etc).

User Info: Taters660

Taters660
1 year ago#3
TrymV1 posted...
Bit late to reply but a few things I'd likely do:

1) Run in 'chronological order' because otherwise you run into absolute early nightmares like MSG's A Baoa Qu, while much easier stages still exist to get some early juice from.

2a) Unlock the bigger hangar optional part (forget name off-hand) from MS Igloo 1, save-scumming if you have to. Since items are random unlocks via quest you could literally do an entire play-through with less suits, and more suits lets you hop into Hard earlier anyway.

2b) Unlock a Salamis/Musai and Little Tray with the money from selling DLC suits. Use them as team 2 ships. My alt is just using Salamis/L.Tray and Musai/Gaw and ditching the Carry Base.

You'll basically never get a Pegasus class unless you sacrifice your team exp to get White Base vs Garma, and getting 400k for White Base/Zanzibar/Blanc Rival is one of those 'good luck trying to jump to Hard with no income' scenarios.

There are some other things I could suggest but they're more 'challenge run' than Ironman (like no Masters, only one Gundam allowed, etc).

I actually went thru just in the the series order the game has setup already, so yea, I beat A Baoa Qu already. I added white base to the production list from stage 2 and then used all the money from all the captures I had to fund the white base. The problem I had was I didn’t have any more money to produce mechs to field for the white base. So I ended up doing Solomon with the white base only have a core fighter, and a gm. That same stage I captured all the gattles and added 7 of them to white base’s deployment, which was rough but it worked and got me thru MSG.

As for the other suggestions. Save scumming would go against the whole idea of Ironman so I’ll get whatever parts I can get from the quests. I did get super lucky and unlocked hyper verniers really early and was just barely able to afford 2, so now my warships actually have some mobility. Carry base can ‘carry’ me until stardust memories where I’ll probably replace it with the Albion. For now I’m using Carry Base for more of my stronger suits while the White Base has weaker suits but more quantity. I don’t have the money from the dlc mechs to use cuz like I said originally, I sold them and then kept buying/selling mechs to bring me back down to the starting capital.

Currently I made it to Zeonic Front and flipped the switch to proceed thru the rest of the game on hard. Finished stage 1 and I thought it wouldn’t be that rough, I was a little wrong. It’s just all federation tanks and a few subs I’m not allowed to destroy, but I underestimated the stat boosts mainly the tanks that get their mobility stat bumped to 160. A lot of my units were averaging about 58-65% hit rates, and genesis rng tends to make that feel more like 30%. Plus, the subs could use support attacks and were raining hellfire on my warships, thankfully they gained a few levels and were able to take the hits. Currently my strongest mech is GM III which has 180 in all stats I believe, and I haven’t started the gundam line yet, all I did with that so far was develop the gundam to get amuro and developed it into the G-line.

• Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A