• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM 2
  3. Best Avenger Defense Mission

User Info: eSpudd

eSpudd
4 years ago#1
Late game, got all the tech I need and a UFO finally catches up and puts me in the Avenger Defense Mission. Those bastards.

This time around the defense map is all on the same level and the jamming tower is up left from the start behind/next to a small shack. Does not seem too far away...

1st turn: Start moving the squad out to full cover in the direction of the tower. Last one to move is my Spark, I place it right next to another soldier and it activates a pod. A lancer, shield bearer and sectopod all make their moves, a couple of my overwatchs react doing minimal damage.

2nd turn: I figure if I take control of the sectopod I can just run it up and over the tower. That would be fun. The Spark has bluescreen rounds so I'll soften up the sectopod and decrease it's hacking defense. 80%ish shot, so I take it.

The Spark misses, of course. That's xcom baby!

Bradford pop's up in the right corner, "Good work commander, with that jamming tower destroyed we can get out of here".

????LOL????

That missed shot from the Spark somehow hit the jamming tower, crit the ever living socks off it and completed the defense mission on turn 2.

I take one extra turn to kill the one activated pod and then lift off.

What's your best errant shot story?
We have wormsign!
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM 2
  3. Best Avenger Defense Mission
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Can my MAC run Xcom 2? Tech Support1 Answer