• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT Rally
  3. So what's your favorite category of car?

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
2 years ago#1
So what's your favorite category of car? - Results (25 votes)
1960s
0% (0 votes)
1970s
8% (2 votes)
1980s [RWD]
4% (1 vote)
Group B [4WD]
32% (8 votes)
Group B [RWD]
4% (1 vote)
Group A
4% (1 vote)
F2 Kit Car
12% (3 votes)
R4
4% (1 vote)
2000s
12% (3 votes)
2010s
20% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I didn't list any of the rallycross or hillclimb classes because you don't have a choice when to use those...

DarkDoc
2 years ago#2
For me, the kit cars have good power/weight ratio, and are easy to drive. 2000s also has some modern-day classics.

DarkDoc
2 years ago#3
Interestng fact: Group B contested the WRC from 1983–86. However, they were used in the FIA European Rallycross Championship for a longer period (1987-1992). Too bad you can't use them that way in this game.

User Info: jamieeng

jamieeng
2 years ago#4
I accidentally voted for Group B RWD when I didn't know which Group B was which. I completely love the Group B 4WDs and won the Masters champonship in the Peugeot (albeit luckily; I definitely am not a master of driving the car yet!)

DarkDoc
2 years ago#5
^ I got you. Yeah, the 205 is a good car. My only criticism is that the wheelbase is a bit short.

jamieeng
2 years ago#6
I started using the 2010s but found them a massive step down after using the Group B 4WDs. I am currently doing the monthly with the Group A Subaru which is quite fun. Are there any other groups I should try out that will be a different challenge to the Group Bs?

User Info: Krondelo

Krondelo
2 years ago#7
jamieeng posted...
I started using the 2010s but found them a massive step down after using the Group B 4WDs. I am currently doing the monthly with the Group A Subaru which is quite fun. Are there any other groups I should try out that will be a different challenge to the Group Bs?

Ha, yeah I just finished the monthly last night with the Group A Subie. Finished at 85th! Personally I love the group B AWD but they can be a bit much! I love the 2000's as well for just a good controlling all rounder.

jamieeng
2 years ago#8
Nice I got into the top tier by 11 seconds, phew!

DarkDoc
2 years ago#9
Damn, I need to change my choice, lol. I just got a 2000-era Impreza IRL, so I need to go from "Group A" to "2000s"...

User Info: James_Upton

James_Upton
2 years ago#10
DarkDoc posted...
Interestng fact: Group B contested the WRC from 1983–86. However, they were used in the FIA European Rallycross Championship for a longer period (1987-1992). Too bad you can't use them that way in this game.

Group B never actually left really. They still sport 600HP rear engine rally monsters to this day.
Check out my gaming and motorsports YouTube channel at JDMSG:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcAVZIXy41HbSKwkLTyQEQ/feed?view_as=public
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT Rally
  3. So what's your favorite category of car?
  • Topic Archived