• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT Rally
  3. So how big will this game be?

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
3 years ago#21
I know the board died, but I've just had a thought - rally cars have raced on the street circuit used for the F1 Monaco Grand Prix. It's happened a few times, most recently at the 2008 Monte Carlo Rally. Codemasters could have copy/pasted it from their F1 game.

DarkDoc
3 years ago#22
I just realised that Estoril was used as a Special Stage in the Portuguese Rally in the 1980s. Codemasters have that because they used it in F1 2013...

DarkDoc
2 years ago#23
Or of course there's the Monza rally show (Colin McRae even had a great battle there in 2005). They could have lifted that track from F1 and put in the chicanes...

User Info: icelt

icelt
2 years ago#24
I'm a recent owner. About 50% through by trophy count and by and large I'm really enjoying it.

The driving is top notch obviously and the online challenges are refreshing. For instance today I received a penalty by jumping the start on the daily rally cross event, quickly turned off the console thinkingI could give it another go and was totally looked out. Thought that was pretty cool, their commitment to keeping a level playing field.

Anyway great Sim, cockpit mode is addicting.
PSN: icelt
"Beaker on a Hot Tin Roof" http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m506y4kNRX1rxuzpho1_500.gif

User Info: Draconian666

Draconian666
2 years ago#25
DarkDoc posted...
They've missed the World RX of Hockenheim on May 8, but the World RX of Barcelona is in September, so it would tie in perfectly as DLC. Or am I overthinking this?

Yes you are overthinking and dreaming, as much as we all wish rallycross tracks and more will arrive in dlc I don't think it's going to happen
Reptilian aliens control planet Earth

DarkDoc
2 years ago#26
^ I know what you mean. I guess it's just a bit strange that the only real criticism of this game is the size, and yet there are a good handful of suitable tracks that Codemasters have already created.

Of course, another one is Brands Hatch. It was featured in F1 2013, and has been used in the British Rallycross Championship, European Rallycross Championship, and even as the final stage of the RAC Rally.

DarkDoc
2 years ago#27
If they wanted to keep the licensing costs down, they could even have developed a generic stadium, like the one used in the Race of Champions, the Global Rallycross Championship, and even in the WRC itself (Wales, Acropolis, Argentina, Portugal...)

DarkDoc
2 years ago#28
I forgot the Sapporo Dome, which hosted 8 stages in the 2010 Rally Japan...

DarkDoc
2 years ago#29
The Andros Trophy (ice racing) even has the "Superfinal" at the Stade de France in Paris...
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT Rally
  3. So how big will this game be?
  • Topic Archived