• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: theonewhoisme

theonewhoisme
2 years ago#1
I played this game thinking something was coming. And then nothing. It's a pretty good story, but a horrible game. I just can't understand why it was made.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: klyrner

klyrner
2 years ago#2
I don't know that anyone would defend it as a great "game". Those of us who appreciate it were mainly moved by the story I expect.. not to speak for everyone but I hope I do.

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
2 years ago#3
Well it's not a film or a piece of music.
To win an argument: 'calm down', 'troll', 'hater', 'you obviously', 'LOL', 'don't care', 'I'm done', 'actually this is funny', 'not wasting my time', 'butthurt'

theonewhoisme
2 years ago#4
I just feel let down. All this creepy stuff is really for nothing. I think it would be a much better short story.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
2 years ago#5
theonewhoisme posted...
I just feel let down. All this creepy stuff is really for nothing. I think it would be a much better short story.

They certainly went the wrong way with the almost-horror theme.

Game is an outdated term now. It was true for the 70s, 80s when they literally were games. Now it'd be more accurate to call them 'interactive fiction, simulators and games' but that's not snappy.
To win an argument: 'calm down', 'troll', 'hater', 'you obviously', 'LOL', 'don't care', 'I'm done', 'actually this is funny', 'not wasting my time', 'butthurt'

User Info: universaldave

universaldave
2 years ago#6
I appreciate it because it's a different experience from most games. I always find a unique change of pace welcome, if it's well done. This game, for what it is, is well done IMO. I also like how our expectations are subverted in the end. That's refreshing because most any other game would have probably not gone that way.
Fanboys (of all stripes) are sad, pathetic, souls. You know who you are.

User Info: PhantomDragon

PhantomDragon
2 years ago#7
klyrner posted...
I don't know that anyone would defend it as a great "game". Those of us who appreciate it were mainly moved by the story I expect.. not to speak for everyone but I hope I do.
FC: 1607-2374-6438 II PSN: Phantom_Jukebox
"I wish I could hear her, heaven's kinda far away" - Dias Flac

theonewhoisme
2 years ago#8
At any rate. It's a very interesting experiment. Using the medium in a different way.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

User Info: greeneye59

greeneye59
2 years ago#9
Agreed with TC. I didn't really care for this "game". I almost bought it hearing all the praise and then I played it after it was a free PS+ game. Glad I saved my money. I was waiting for something to happen and then nothing. I guess that's my fault for letting the hype raise my expectations. Too short and the story really wasn't that interesting.

User Info: RichPlaystation

RichPlaystation
2 years ago#10
I've played games with even less actual 'gameplay' like the Phoenix Wright games, but I LOVE that series, I just didn't get into this one a lot based on the story I guess.

It almost seems like this would have been a tech demo for a new console or something, rather than a full game. Kind of like that 3D dinosaur demo on the PS1, if anyone remembers that?
Brotherhood. Peace. Unity.
In the name of Kane.
  • Topic Archived