• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gone Home: Console Edition
  3. Will anything happen? No spoilers please

User Info: danny21

danny21
3 years ago#1
Ive been playing for what seems like a really long time and nothing has really happened yet. My question is, will anything cool happen like a serial killer or ghosts (just a yes or no) So far its pretty boring and I started out excited about something creepy but I am losing hope.

User Info: PhantomDragon

PhantomDragon
3 years ago#2
Hate to disappoint you but its not a horror. Its an exploration game much like Everybodys Gone To The Rapture or Ether One.

If you can get into the story its a fun game in a spooky setting.

Personally i loved it. It actually got me into this genre thats making a comeback. But its clearly not for everyone. If your already bored then i dont see your opinion changing anytime soon.
FC: 1607-2374-6438 II PSN: Phantom_Jukebox
"I would follow her anywhere, Katie. But I can't, where she's going." - Sam in Gone Home

User Info: danny21

danny21
3 years ago#3
I liked ether one. I just deleted this. Dont care about the characters. Whatta waste of time. At least I can start Resident Evil 7 and finish layers of fear:)

PhantomDragon
3 years ago#4
Meh...everybody likes what they like. Personally i was really moved by this story, it inspired me to try games like Journey & Rapture.... whereas I long sold CoD & Division cuz i got so bored of them. That says something about Fullbrights writing ability.
RE7 was good for an hour or so, as long as you enjoy Hills Have Eyes type stories, really hoping the finished product is way better than the demo we got.
"I would follow her anywhere, Katie. But I can't, where she's going." - Sam in Gone Home

User Info: foxboro27

foxboro27
3 years ago#5
Nothing happens at all. You read some gay love letters later on which get crappy B-acting voiceovers worthy of the Lifetime channel.
There is no mercy in justice.
PSN: UrbanCommando817 Twitter: @MacIver817

User Info: nineteen84

nineteen84
3 years ago#6
Yes. If you are a human being with a heart you will be moved deeply by the story.

PhantomDragon
3 years ago#7
foxboro27 posted...
Nothing happens at all. You read some gay love letters later on which get crappy B-acting voiceovers worthy of the Lifetime channel.

Wow...I dont usually reply to stupid comments like this but I will say that Sarah Grayson , who played Sam, is a FANTASTIC voice actress. She conveyed a universe of emotion in her presentation and while youre welcome to your opinion , if thats what you truly think about her in this game you seriously need to get yer hearing checked.

foxboro27
3 years ago#8
Do you have a picture of her on your bedroom wall or something? Regardless of your fantasy, she sucks in this game.

PhantomDragon
3 years ago#9
foxboro27 posted...
Do you have a picture of her on your bedroom wall or something? Regardless of your fantasy, she sucks in this game.

Oh ok, well that confirms it, your hearings shot! I dont have to love a game to tell good voice acting. Unlike you im not knee deep in my opinions. MY opinion of a game doesnt block my other senses.
Theres a TON of games i hated that i could recognize good voice casting in. I really hope your hearing isnt a key element in your daily tasks.

foxboro27
3 years ago#10
Dude, you're obviously biased- you have a quote from the game as your signature. You like it, goodie for you. I hate it. Different opinions that's all.
  1. Boards
  2. Gone Home: Console Edition
  3. Will anything happen? No spoilers please
  • Topic Archived