• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Gone Home: Console Edition
  3. Was anyone else expecting a jump scare?

User Info: wiseguy100

wiseguy100
3 years ago#1
Played through the game last night. Was on edge the whole way through, thinking something supernatural was going to happen. Especially during the basement and attic sections.

Cever game.

User Info: nehukog

nehukog
3 years ago#2
same here, especially after that light goes out in the secret passage after you pickup the crucifix

User Info: Redmacabre

Redmacabre
3 years ago#3
I wasn't expecting a jump scare as such, not when the player character walks like she's got boots made of treacle, but I was expecting something scary to happen. After picking up several clues I was wondering if the Dad had snapped, because of his book series failing and having to move into his creepy pedo uncle's house (if money wasn't an issue, they probably wouldn't have moved there), combined with his wife's 'affair', and attacked the family.

User Info: ckFoxTrot

ckFoxTrot
3 years ago#4
I just finished playing through this game having not read or heard anything about it. The game's atmosphere had me expecting for it to be, or turn into, a horror game at some point, so I was on edge and expecting jump or other scares the whole time, lol.

User Info: chrono2888

chrono2888
3 years ago#5
I was waiting for something to jump out and bite my face off. But the weirder thing was Id leave a room then come back and something was moved. Like id go in the TV Room and look around then leave and come back like 20 or 30 min later and the cup on the table would be on the floor. Did anyone else notice anything like that?

User Info: git2thechoppa

git2thechoppa
3 years ago#6
I don't follow previews and trailers and such so I went in blind.

At first I though a spooky thing was possible, but it soon became clear to me that it was just ambience and creepy because it's a big abandoned house and the weather causing thunder and creaking. If anything was going to happen, it would be right at the end. Maybe a hanging corpse, a murderer, or an Oscar-possessed Sam, but didn't think it likely after a while.
I went to GameFAQs and all I got was this lousy sig.

User Info: BJaco0678

BJaco0678
3 years ago#7
chrono2888 posted...
I was waiting for something to jump out and bite my face off. But the weirder thing was Id leave a room then come back and something was moved. Like id go in the TV Room and look around then leave and come back like 20 or 30 min later and the cup on the table would be on the floor. Did anyone else notice anything like that?

The servants room in the basement with the missing bell...the cupboard doesn't stay closed. Sam's door, the one with the nuclear sign on it, has also closed on me when I've been away...I've made it a point to keep the door open after I grab the basement key from her locker and grab the basketball from the garage rafters and it always closes before I get back.
PSN: Illstreamthat
Kevin Owens is FAT!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Gone Home: Console Edition
  3. Was anyone else expecting a jump scare?
  • Topic Archived