• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gone Home: Console Edition
  3. What was the point of this game?

User Info: hurley4

hurley4
3 years ago#11
Great topic. Good discussion, glad I read. Pass.
PSN: ChristianFour

User Info: klipspringer

klipspringer
3 years ago#12
Here's the game in a nutshell:

Girl returns home from a long trip abroad. House is unexpectedly abandoned. Red herrings abound. True reason for empty house: parents are away at a counseling retreat in order to fix their marriage and gay teenage sister ran off with girlfriend.

Throw in several 90's references that a huge portion of today's gaming audience won't even begin to understand and that's all folks.

P.S. They try to make it seem like something horrible may have happened to one of the family members, or that the house is haunted, or that your character is dreaming/going insane...but nope...just a case of an unhappy marriage and a rebellious teenager...nothing new here sadly.
3DS: 2964-8589-5645

User Info: klipspringer

klipspringer
3 years ago#13
foxboro27 posted...
Point of the game: Push some weird SJW Gay agenda.

Yeah, when are people going to realize that no one cares anymore about this topic. It's not taboo anymore...so who cares. If they were wanting to take on an issue that is still somewhat scandalous they should have made Sam a transgendered person or a hermaphrodite. I have a good notion that SJWs are going to get to the point where they are upset that they don't have anyone to hate on anymore when it comes to the gay issue. That's b/c all along the issue didn't really matter to them...it was the fight in and of itself that they craved.
3DS: 2964-8589-5645

User Info: nineteen84

nineteen84
3 years ago#14
If you've ever fallen in love this game is a powerful and relatable narrative that conjures that feeling of being young and the journey to the point where you realize you love someone perfectly. Being a lesbian is mostly irrelevant, regardless of gender or orientation its an experience anyone can relate to (though I'm sure it adds another level of connection if you are LGBT). I'm a straight male and it moved me all the same. It must suck to be as jaded as the people that trash this game.

User Info: PhantomDragon

PhantomDragon
3 years ago#15
nineteen84 posted...
If you've ever fallen in love this game is a powerful and relatable narrative that conjures that feeling of being young and the journey to the point where you realize you love someone perfectly. Being a lesbian is mostly irrelevant, regardless of gender or orientation its an experience anyone can relate to (though I'm sure it adds another level of connection if you are LGBT). I'm a straight male and it moved me all the same. It must suck to be as jaded as the people that trash this game.

I agree. And itll be great to get a similar experience in next years Tacoma which im now very excited for. Gone Home kinda opened the door for me to exploration games, which i never really got into, like Everybodys Gone To The Rapture which i absolutely loved and soon Journey.
FC: 1607-2374-6438 II PSN: Phantom_Jukebox
"I would follow her anywhere, Katie. But I can't, where she's going." - Sam in Gone Home
  1. Boards
  2. Gone Home: Console Edition
  3. What was the point of this game?
  • Topic Archived