You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Holy2360

Holy2360
1 month ago#1
Hello everyone,

I managed to make it to level 24, but despite using the WC, am having a pretty rough time. My characters are level 150 with moderate equipment. I'm trying to spam magic on the bosses but can't seem to do enough damage, especially against the final guy.

Right now I am running out of magic items and physical damage isn't enough against these guys. -_-

Is there a recommended team to use? Higgledy setup as well? I know level 27 is kind of an exception.

Having a rough time. Any help appreciated.

Thanks guys
PSN: TheGodOfLight -->Please tell me you're from GameFAQs if you send me a request.
3DS FC: 5155-3081-9269

User Info: Tidal_Rider

Tidal_Rider
1 month ago#2
Hello,

1) Be sure to upgrade the Wizard Companion using all the books you have already.
2) You should upgrade all your spells (fire, water, electricity, dark, holy) to max level via the relevant building in your kingdom.
3) Be sure to assign the more powerful spells to your casting list (e.g. the 2nd fire spell that costs more MP but is much more powerful)
4) You should max out the level of at least 2 or 3 higgledies per type (fire, water, electricity, dark, holy).
5) You should max out the followers of the previously maxed out level higgledies (you can do it by having them in your party and fighting the fire kingsmaker)
6) In each fight, you should each time change higgledies in your party according to the spell you are going to use. For example if you use fire you should have fire higgledies in your party with at least 8 followers in total. This further ups your spell damage.
7) You should buy Killer kebab food and eat it to boost spell damage
8) Each time you are going to fight be sure to give the best equipment to the character with the spell you are going to use.
9) It helps to have equipment that boosts mp restoration or reduces the MP cost per spell.

An extra point for the fights against multiple minor enemies it that you should use black holes to gather them and then blast them with the corresponding effective spell.

That's about it.

Good luck!
(edited 1 month ago)

Holy2360
1 month ago#3
Tidal_Rider posted...
Hello,

1) Be sure to upgrade the Wizard Companion using all the books you have already.
2) You should upgrade all your spells (fire, water, electricity, dark, holy) to max level via the relevant building in your kingdom.
3) Be sure to assign the more powerful spells to your casting list (e.g. the 2nd fire spell that costs more MP but is much more powerful)
4) You should max out the level of at least 2 or 3 higgledies per type (fire, water, electricity, dark, holy).
5) You should max out the followers of the previously maxed out level higgledies (you can do it by having them in your party and fighting the fire kingsmaker)
6) In each fight, you should each time change higgledies in your party according to the spell you are going to use. For example if you use fire you should have fire higgledies in your party with at least 8 followers in total. This further ups your spell damage.
7) You should buy Killer kebab food and eat it to boost spell damage
8) Each time you are going to fight be sure to give the best equipment to the character with the spell you are going to use.
9) It helps to have equipment that boosts mp restoration or reduces the MP cost per spell.

An extra point for the fights against multiple minor enemies it that you should use black holes to gather them and then blast them with the corresponding effective spell.

That's about it.

Good luck!

Great reply! Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for!

I found myself doing a little better than before, so that's great! When it comes to fire, lighting, and lightning, I have no problems since the main magic is pretty powerful. Especially pyre! I'm having problems when water is the weakness. I just can't do enough damage with maxed out water pistol against these 'tough' guys.

I usually use:

Leander/Evan (depending on the magic needed)
Batu (with Gizmo, so I can switch to him to get extra items to use -- namely to refill my magic)
Roland (He has Ding Dong equipped, but I never use him)

I usually just use the main (over 2k magic) and just try to spam WC as much as possible, trying to cast multiple of the magic (stringing?) instead of strengthening (?). Then usually use a MP restorative so that I can try to cast again immediately. I tend do do that until I need to switch to Batu (with Gizmo, he can access more items so I can restore MP a bit after running out of potions with the main). This has worked decent so far, but these 'tough' guys are pretty hard to take down before running out of potions.

This is where I am at currently. Any thoughts?
PSN: TheGodOfLight -->Please tell me you're from GameFAQs if you send me a request.

User Info: Tidal_Rider

Tidal_Rider
1 month ago#4
I forgot to tell you, you should tweak the tactics tweaker in order to have some extra damage per enemy type you encounter. In addition you will want to raise to 3 the lower right corner blue cursor that gives you more MP per item and if you want you may also raise the cursor that gives extra invincibility frames per dodge. Other than that you should make sure you have max spells and have assigned all available wizard companion points to gain more advantage. I don’t know what else to tell you, if you still don’t do enough damage you should play a couple of times floors 81-100 of the labyrinth in expert to get some gold equipment, killing all monsters (since they might also drop gold). The ring of lucris IV is super powerful for spells and drops in the labyrinth.

You should use the most powerful spell per category.

I believe there is no other extra trick to boost damage, you should try to cope with all the above. :)
(edited 1 month ago)

Holy2360
1 month ago#5
Hey man. I got to 27 pretty smoothly now. Slowly getting there haha. Really appreciate the amazing tips! I didn't think to use tactics tweaker before, so maybe that's making the difference!

Wonder how long 27 will take. :P Hopefully not too bad haha.

User Info: JayzE8

JayzE8
1 month ago#6
Holy2360 posted...
Hey man. I got to 27 pretty smoothly now. Slowly getting there haha. Really appreciate the amazing tips! I didn't think to use tactics tweaker before, so maybe that's making the difference!

Wonder how long 27 will take. :P Hopefully not too bad haha.

27 was the hardest for me. But since i cleared the dlc on the second day, there were hardly anyone around that did the content to that point and shared their experience.

27 is the only fight where the core concept of utilizing the wizard companion is totally useless and you have to melee dunk the final boss down. Goodluck on your journey
PSN: Masuke8 | Pawn: Claxane | Sorcerer Lvl 200
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: CobraGT

CobraGT
1 month ago#7
@tidal_rider

re

#5 sounds awesome. I should have done this.
#6 makes sense but can you provide an explanation? Absorbing higgles seems to be independent of their being in the active party.
GoldenSun/Crossbone Isle diagrams/ 18 teams known http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/SwordOfWheat/Weyard/PicsNao/