You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  3. Best set up for new styles for Solosseum S rank?

User Info: kill_ayeka

kill_ayeka
1 month ago#1
Okay, so I know there's already a topic on the last few floors, with some good tips in there, but I want this topic to be more about how to efficiently spend your points, set skills up, and effectively use the new fighting styles. I know I for one am still confused on a few things. For example:

Wizard's Companion: honestly what should we be focusing on, stringers or strengtheners? I've seen some people say stringers are better, but I've honestly been paying attention and the strengtheners do increase the damage output a lot for the main spell, but I'm not sure if it's making a difference for the smaller ones, or if it depends on if you hit a small spell or a big spell while stringing.... I try my hardest to go for the big spell stringers or the big strengtheners, depending on what is available. Which brings up the question on if purchasing the skill that increases the frequency of strengthener tiles is worth it or not.

Ding Dong Discipline: Ok, so I'm not exactly sure what constitutes as a combo. As far as I can tell, there are only two options: square and triangle (light and heavy hits). So what I've been doing is mashing square until I feel time is almost out, then hit triangle since the heavy hit seems to end your slow down time. The problem is, while I was in the Labyrinth, I could NOT for the life of me get the combo Orbjective to trigger, and I really couldn't figure out why. I would hit square four or five times and end with triangle, but the combo orbjective would never register as completed which makes me feel like I was doing something wrong. Also, which skills are the best to purchase for maximum damage?

Gizmo Supremo: ...... halp..... this is the most confusing one for me. which skills are superior?!? So I get the item count and effectiveness, and the wearable repairers, but which actual skills should I be using for the slogs? I'm probably going to have to redo my Bracken, I decided against baby black holes but now I'm thinking that may be a key to finishing off hordes faster. It's just weird for me, personally I don't like this style but maybe if I understood it better it would be more fun? Just basically can somebody give me a run down on the best skills to use and how to use them? This one seems more about timing.

Martha's Methods: Is this even worth using? Is this style helpful for the Solosseum?

Middle Way: Has anyone figured out if there are 15 of these manuals, if they are all obtained through orb chests only in the Labyrinth, and if it's useful at all for the Solosseum?

Thanks in advance and sorry it was so long!!

User Info: CobraGT

CobraGT
1 month ago#2
When the LotLL level tasks say win with a Ding Dong Combo, you have to finish off the enemy with it.

Wizard's Companion. I am trying the spell strengthener route. I cannot say which is better but I think I am seeing more purple strengthener III after buying the entire strengthener tree than I see high level spells.
I think the stringer is only useful if you are casting Evan's 2MP light spell or Leander's 2MP dark spell.

Ding Dong Discipline. You can also evade while charging a shot according to descriptions on the point assignment and library help.

Gizmo. Utility belt increases restorative count. Boreal bomb freezes enemy. People say black hole helps with mobs in Solosseum. Impactotron is imporant in LotLL.

Martha's. I am trying it. Sometimes it stops enemy from charging AOE but I do not know mechanics. I have not seen it inflict statuses and I cannot figure out if it is elemental. Some enemies may be more susceptible to it.

Middle Way. I have them all. They drop from orb chests. Constantly changing which method characters are set to seems to increase drop frequency. I may just have been lucky.
GoldenSun/Crossbone Isle diagrams/ 18 teams known http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/SwordOfWheat/Weyard/PicsNao/

CobraGT
4 weeks ago#3
btw I have found a set up for Martha's Medium Method.

These higgles with the full charge boost tree and the come, come; running, running
Tureen the Torrential
Dishcloth the Dragony
Mizzen the Mariner
Hibber-Gibber the Hopeful

and user equipped with High chance of XXX + Much likelier to inflict status ailment
PLUS possibly
Tactics Tweaker set on 5 for monster type
Greatly boosts critical hit damage
Zing gauge charges a lot more quickly
GoldenSun/Crossbone Isle diagrams/ 18 teams known http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/SwordOfWheat/Weyard/PicsNao/

kill_ayeka
2 weeks ago#4
Oh nice! Yeah I figured out what I was doing wrong with DDD, it said finish with a combo and I thought that meant I had to perform a combo, not realizing that the light attack was actually called "combo". I was thinking too hard about it xD

I'm glad you're playing around with Martha's methods, I wasn't having much luck :)

CobraGT
2 weeks ago#5
My conclusion on Martha's is that

Lets you produce higgledy balls.
Good for hitting enemies which Lofty tells you are off the platform.
It is better for a single target than a charged shot on a bow because the bow charged shots spread out.

Higgledy balls can heal HP or MP if the ability is on gear and higgledy balls can summon higgledy.

kill_ayeka
2 weeks ago#6
I was trying to see if it worked against the hordes of enemies that spawn in more, but it didn't seem to help at all xD
(edited 2 weeks ago)

CobraGT
2 weeks ago#7
Charged shots on the bow work for those because it fans out.

Merits of stringer :: strengthener
Strengthener does more damage but at the end. Stringers fire off immediately and thus may prevent interruption.

CobraGT
1 week ago#8
The knights do not always work although running interference is almost as good as doing damage. Here is a set up for the knights with Medium - Martha's method. It uses 19 points. This set up assumes higgledy-bomb is being used. If not put all of the points into the ball, ball, ball tree and Come on, come on.

Rannygazoo the Resolute, Frabjous the Fusilier, Popple the Pure, Bawbee the Bandit

Bomb, Boom -> Bang Boom Bomb, Color Killer

Ball, Ball, Ball -> Ball, Ball, Ball, Ball!

Come on, Come on! -> Higgledy Hit, Higher Sire

Coming, coming! -> Running, Running
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  3. Best set up for new styles for Solosseum S rank?