If you guys like this game you should definitely check out Rogue Galaxy.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  3. If you guys like this game you should definitely check out Rogue Galaxy.

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
6 months ago#21
Max58201 posted...
Problem is it’s so full of shallow mindless grinding that I can’t stomach subsequent playthroughs

Similar to this game I love the mindless grinding in my initial playthrough but if I ever try to play again probably drop it halfway

yeah...was psyched to rebuy it as a ps2 classic but i've struggled to really get into it because I know that nonsense is coming, that and the dungeon design is just...endless copy/pasted mazes, not sure I want to deal with that crap again, it could use some cheat stuff like the ff7 rerelease, speed up/god mode etc. stuff so you can enjoy the story again, but avoid the grind.
This is your miracle? A TREE? OOooh! look at me I turn sunlight into complex sugars. Big whoop!

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
6 months ago#22
Man, I really didnt like it back in the day when I played it on my PS2. It was soooooo grindy and shallow. The story and cutscenes were sparse and most of the time you were just mashing buttons to kill monsters mindlessly. It was mind-numbing and boring for me. Barely completed one playthrough and never touched it again. It just wasnt fun. After having played FFX, Xenosaga series, Persona 3, Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, it just did not compare well.
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: storageheater

storageheater
6 months ago#23
Monomate360 posted...
Have it for PS4, but played only 15-20 hours or so :O Something is off, cant put my finger on it though

"only 15-20 hours or so" so basically the prologue. I played it at the time and I think it was the first time I was really wishing a game would hurry up and end, it's unbelievably long, and it never really gets interesting. It might pick up a bit after the jungle planet (at least, it gets easier) but how you feel about the game at the start is basically the whole thing.

Dark Cloud 2 was one of my favourite games of all time (if there had been trophies back then I'd have platinumed it twice) and put me in the mindset to always buy Level 5 games, Rogue Galaxy took me right out of that. That said, I enthusiastically leapt into Dark Cloud 2 when it came up on PS4 and ooh that inverted camera, no, not now. I kept at it until I'd got used to the clunky combat, but lost the will to live around chapter 4 (in fairness it is also a really long game.) The photography, inventing and townbuilding was really fun (and the reason I got Ni No Kuni 2), and Spheda was great when you're stoned with a friend and can pass the controller back and forth, but... it's much harder to recommend it all these years later. Still, PSN sometimes cuts the PS2 prices in half, I think it's worth a look on sale.

User Info: Monomate360

Monomate360
6 months ago#24
storageheater posted...
Monomate360 posted...
Have it for PS4, but played only 15-20 hours or so :O Something is off, cant put my finger on it though

"only 15-20 hours or so" so basically the prologue. I played it at the time and I think it was the first time I was really wishing a game would hurry up and end, it's unbelievably long, and it never really gets interesting. It might pick up a bit after the jungle planet (at least, it gets easier) but how you feel about the game at the start is basically the whole thing.

Dark Cloud 2 was one of my favourite games of all time (if there had been trophies back then I'd have platinumed it twice) and put me in the mindset to always buy Level 5 games, Rogue Galaxy took me right out of that. That said, I enthusiastically leapt into Dark Cloud 2 when it came up on PS4 and ooh that inverted camera, no, not now. I kept at it until I'd got used to the clunky combat, but lost the will to live around chapter 4 (in fairness it is also a really long game.) The photography, inventing and townbuilding was really fun (and the reason I got Ni No Kuni 2), and Spheda was great when you're stoned with a friend and can pass the controller back and forth, but... it's much harder to recommend it all these years later. Still, PSN sometimes cuts the PS2 prices in half, I think it's worth a look on sale.

Maybe I played it longer, dont remember, but got down in some mines :O I think it was on a planet, with a city with random encounters in it, and then it was a mine or something. But isnt there any options for the camera in Dark cloud 2? Anyway, playing NNK2 at the moment, and then its Atelier and the mystiours paintings after that :)
It's about 90% chance that the text above was written while I was taking a dump! ^^

User Info: Inertion5

Inertion5
6 months ago#25
An ARPG where you have to constantly open the menu during the battles.

Not to mention the annoying barrier enemies makes your gun pretty much obsolete cause you'll always want to have the s***ty barrier removal gun.
Objectively right.

User Info: BretBaber

BretBaber
6 months ago#26
I loved Rogue Galaxy when I played it for the first time last year. I think when it comes to a JRPG, Level-5 is the king of simple, grindy, fun. I'll admit there is a repetitiveness in all of their games, but I love it for some reason. For me they're the new Square, I love almost all of their games.
Still I always feel this strange estrangement
Nothing here is real, nothing here is right

User Info: Secramor

Secramor
6 months ago#27
I don’t know what it was about that game, but I could not get into it. I tried on 3 separate occasions recently. Deleted it off my PS. It just wasn’t good /:
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  3. If you guys like this game you should definitely check out Rogue Galaxy.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived